BRAKEOUT 2.0 ?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

billybronco
Senior Silent Operator

BRAKEOUT 2.0 ?

Post by billybronco »

Afternoon Folks,

I apologize if this is a dupe; however, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.......I understand that this design does not need to be timed.

Can anybody chime in and explain how???? What happens if my ports end up facing 12 and 6?

Thanks
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: BRAKEOUT 2.0 ?

Post by silencertalk »

It has three ports that are 120 degrees apart. It also has as much recoil reduction as an AAC two-chamber or Titan muzzle brake, and suppresses flash much better.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

It sounds awesome, I want to try one.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Are these out yet?
themonk
Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

mk23 wrote:Are these out yet?
Yes, I have a 762 version that I like, still has a little bit of the tuning fork effect but nothing like the Blackout.

556 - http://tradingplacepawn.com/shop-online ... r-556.html

762 - http://tradingplacepawn.com/shop-online ... -8x24.html

*totally messed up the 762 link - its fixed now*
Last edited by themonk on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

Robert,

Are they going to make them in an 18-tooth version for all of us diehard 762SD Mod7 and below fans?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
billybronco
Senior Silent Operator

Post by billybronco »

ahhhhhh, dammit. just ordered a 556 from link above.

oh well......like the functionality and no timing aspects.

more hopeful that with the smaller exhaust ports that concussion will be lessened over both the Brake as well as the Brakeout 1.0........I'll be running it on a 10.5 that'll be suppressed about 50% of the time.
billybronco
Senior Silent Operator

Post by billybronco »

Hmmmm....So, in taking closer look @ post over on ARF, I see that there's no true "chamber" incorporated into the 2.0 as there was on the 1.0. It's a straight shot down the pipe with three ports and three prongs.

Seems this will significantly decrease the amount of protection to my blast baffle on my M42K out of a 10.5" barrel, no??? I understand that a portion of the blast will be redirected but how much more erosion can we guesstimate?
CallMeShooter

Post by CallMeShooter »

It only makes since, that if I does a better job a recoil reduction, that it would also be a better sacrificial baffle.
Every knee will bow...
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yeah. If it has more recoil reduction that means it redirects more gases from going straight out.

As for 18 teeth, I don't know. Ask at the NRA show.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

silencertalk wrote:Ask at the NRA show.
Can't make to Indy this weekend. Have to plant some fruit trees and split wood for next winter. Busy, busy, busy. :mrgreen:
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
billybronco
Senior Silent Operator

Post by billybronco »

okay........got one in hand.

kinda skeptical at first on it's ability to protect my can on a 10.5; HOWEVER, in looking more closely.

They seem to have stopped the threads from running all the way to the back of the "brake chamber".....I'm guessing this will help contain and slow the blast a bit BEFORE it enters the brake chamber and then direct it out the three ports. ports are obviously angled rearward about 45 degrees as they should be to help with muzzle rise.

good design.
brobin10

Post by brobin10 »

anxious to try one of these out

so it looks like the general consensus is that one of these would do a better job with recoil and blast baffle protection (newly aquired SDN6) on my 8.2" 300 BLK SBR than my currently installed 51T FH?
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

brobin10 wrote:anxious to try one of these out

so it looks like the general consensus is that one of these would do a better job with recoil and blast baffle protection (newly aquired SDN6) on my 8.2" 300 BLK SBR than my currently installed 51T FH?
Yes, Brakeout 2.0 is awesome
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
billybronco
Senior Silent Operator

Post by billybronco »

punched a few rounds through it the other day. very flat shooting and MUCH MUCH more tolerable on a 10.5 than their dual chamber brake.

Christ that thing was loud.

As for blast baffle protection, I don't have nearly enough data to determine.

BTW, for a 300 BLK, I wouldn't worry too much about erosion even on a shorty. Cartridge has MUCH less pressure by design.
themonk
Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

I just picked up a 556 version. On my 762 Breakout2, it is awesome at recoil reduction and never have an issue with flash. With the 556 version, one of the three ports on my 16" rifle is timed at about one o’clock. If you are using an ammo with any type of flash, that port will throw a fireball right in your field of view. I will continue to do more testing as I have only put 3-4 mag though the 556 version with different types of ammo. Clearly it will not be an issue with a can on the end but is distraction without.
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

themonk wrote:I just picked up a 556 version. On my 762 Breakout2, it is awesome at recoil reduction and never have an issue with flash. With the 556 version, one of the three ports on my 16" rifle is timed at about one o’clock. If you are using an ammo with any type of flash, that port will throw a fireball right in your field of view. I will continue to do more testing as I have only put 3-4 mag though the 556 version with different types of ammo. Clearly it will not be an issue with a can on the end but is distraction without.
Where are you guys buying them from?
madone

Post by madone »

mk23 wrote:
themonk wrote:I just picked up a 556 version. On my 762 Breakout2, it is awesome at recoil reduction and never have an issue with flash. With the 556 version, one of the three ports on my 16" rifle is timed at about one o’clock. If you are using an ammo with any type of flash, that port will throw a fireball right in your field of view. I will continue to do more testing as I have only put 3-4 mag though the 556 version with different types of ammo. Clearly it will not be an issue with a can on the end but is distraction without.
Where are you guys buying them from?
Midway has them right now.. http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearc ... akeout+2.0
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Thanks!