Ti-Rant 45 stuck piston housing.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

susofseattle

Ti-Rant 45 stuck piston housing.

Post by susofseattle »

So this happened..

Now I have no idea how to get the cap off the damn piston housing. Its beyond stuck.

2 vicegrips turning in opposite directions get no traction on the piston housing cylinder.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Ti-Rant 45 stuck piston housing.

Post by Bendersquint »

susofseattle wrote:So this happened..

Now I have no idea how to get the cap off the damn piston housing. Its beyond stuck.

2 vicegrips turning in opposite directions get no traction on the piston housing cylinder.
Don't kill your parts with tools.

I would suggest you Red Loctite it back in position and after a few day once cured remove the rear cap.

That part isn't supposed to come out.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Probably just carbon locked. If you contact AAC they will give you a prepaid shipping label and take care of everything.
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

Exactly what he said up there, you can red loctite it and then come back and unscrew the cap, or we can send you a shipping label and do it for you. I would recommend taking all the baffles out, and then clean the threads, inside the tube and on the piston housing, and then use a little red loctite on the threads.
Nick
Customer service at Advanced Armament Corporation
[email protected]
skierjt

Post by skierjt »

Mine does this all the time, I just haven't used any loctite so I can clean everything easier. If the two parts become stuck just use a couple large pliers and some shop towels. No big deal. Sometimes I've found the housing comes off easier by itself if the can is mounted tightly on a gun.
pjeski

Post by pjeski »

Happened to mine too, before I ever even fired a round through it. Two pairs of channelocks with towels for padding and they came apart. AAC told me to red loctite the interface to the tube, but I might wait to see if it is a repetitive problem.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

I'm in the same boat as well. Probably 75rds in a brand new TiiRant .45 and mine looks identical to the OPs. I will start with the LocTite technique
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Be sure to use the red Loctite high temperature, not the high strength.
Allsmiles

Post by Allsmiles »

Mine did the same thing after 1 box of ammo. I took it apart by hand to check baffle build up and got more than I expected. Poor quality control is not acceptable for all the time and effort we have to expend to own these. I've left a pm for Nick and I'm not a happy customer right now. I know that I can fix it by finding the correct Loctite and getting all the solvents to clean everything. The question is why do people keep reporting that this is happening to them!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Allsmiles wrote:Mine did the same thing after 1 box of ammo. I took it apart by hand to check baffle build up and got more than I expected. Poor quality control is not acceptable for all the time and effort we have to expend to own these. I've left a pm for Nick and I'm not a happy customer right now. I know that I can fix it by finding the correct Loctite and getting all the solvents to clean everything. The question is why do people keep reporting that this is happening to them!
I haven't seen many reports of this maybe 10 or 12.

It really isn't a big deal, either send it in for the manufacturer and they will Loctite it or go to HomeDepot/Lowes/Walmart and pick some up. You can clean it with rubbing alcohol or even dish soap as prep no solvents needed, just clean and degrease the threads.