SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:27 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: How quiet is my can??
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:19 pm 

So in 2010 I bought a cheapy AAC Eco9 silencer. It was priced at like $390. It was my first and only 9mm can. So what this model was is a silencer made to use up older generation evolution9 baffles. The eco 9 was made a little bit longer to fit an extra baffle to make it almost up to par with the newer generation evolution9.

After a few years of shooting and hearing just how not quiet it was compared to other 9mm cans I’d hear others shooting, I thought about just how stupid I was to buy a budget dedicated 9mm can. I had t to send in my Eco9 for warranty repairs a few years after buying it. (I needed a replacement part for the booster assembly). And since I knew someone who worked at aac for many years asked if I could possibly get the stack replaced with newer gen evolution baffles. I knew it was a long shot!. Anyways when I received the silencer back I opened it up( I did a DIY jailbreak) and sure enough I had a brand new baffle stack :). The Older stack had 8 older generation baffles. Now it had 9 newer generation baffles. (Can’t even recall seeing a 9mm can with with 9k baffles).

To say it’s quiet is an understatement( in 2013). Since the recore I had been Extremely happy with the cheapy budget can I bought in 2010. My question now is. How quiet are modern 9mm silencers? If I went to buy an illusion9, tirant9m, or the best on the market 2019 would it be worth buying as far as db reduction.? Would there be much comparison? Or do I wait another 10years. I haven’t had any experience with silencers post 2013ish. I don’t even know what my db reduction is now. So I have no number to compare to. Hoping someone out there can help me out with the question. Maybe someone who has built form 1 cans. And knows just how much an extra baffle or 2 can reduce dB.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dno7i018vi6d0vf/aacCan.jpg?dl=0

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm 

#40fan. Thanks for posting the pic. I couldn’t quite figure out how to. And yeah I may have went crazy with the colors. But the new ceramic coating formula I use now. Holds up much better than before and helps with keeping clean.