$1800 762SDN-6??

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Bugzy
Silent But Deadly

Re: $1800 762SDN-6??

Post by Bugzy »

66427vette wrote:Was on a phone. I was typing without looking. Sorry teacher.
No teacher or grammar Nazi here....just a simple little ole spectator.

Smart phones do have a funny way of making us look stupid, ignorant or incompetent at times. But on a REAL business communication screw up...they make good targets also.
nkbigdog

Post by nkbigdog »

I added to my toy collection Wensday, called the shop and they had the 672SDN-6. Went down paid $899 plus tax also 51 tooth mount..Building was small and covered up with people..Asked if They could Fill out transfer for my trust? They did not blink and started all the paper work and asked for a BATFE check from me and sent it off at no addition cost..And I might add once I told him we had a deal he did all the paper work befor I had paid for it...They have been in business for years and because of that, I will continue to use them..Great People

This can will be used for 300 BLK, Ar-308, Ar-15 223

On another note Had some extra H1680, and one of the people on another sight was looking for some..
I sent him a LB for $22 which is what it cost me..Only had to add $14.05 for UPS shipping. The only thing I asked him was Pay it forward

Update, Check to BATFE has already cleared the bank on 3/4/13 Now for the long wait!
Last edited by nkbigdog on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

nkbigdog wrote:I added to my toy collection Wensday, called the shop and they had the 672SDN-6. Went down paid $899 plus tax also 51 tooth mount..Building was small and covered up with people..Asked if They could Fill out transfer for my trust? They did not blink and started all the paper work and asked for a BATFE check from me and sent it off at no addition cost..And I might add once I told him we had a deal he did all the paper work befor I had paid for it...They have been in business for years and because of that, I will continue to use them..Great People

This can will be used for 300 BLK, Ar-308, Ar-15 223

On another note Had some extra H1680, and one of the people on another sight was looking for some..
I sent him a LB for $22 which is what it cost me..Only had to add $14.05 for UPS shipping. The only thing I asked him was Pay it forward
You mean you didn't have to pay extra to start paperwork right then?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
nkbigdog

Post by nkbigdog »

No they did not charge additional for paper work!! Really stand up bunch of Guy's. Kind of supprised me due to the fact that they were swamped with customers in the store..And it is a small store..Now for the long wait..
Irishpride
Silent Operator

Post by Irishpride »

People actually charge to do the paper work? Really? I figured that comes with the territory of helping your customer out.
B&H Gun Sales
Merritt Island, FL
FFL, SOT Class 3 Dealer and LE MIlitary Distributer
[email protected]
(Facebook) B&H Gun Sales
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I said that because goingquite was talking about how people were paying more than 700 over msrp for the privilege to start paperwork right then. And that's one reason he was charging more and more as his stock was getting sold. All the way to 1700 bucks.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Your comment: what happens when your supply line all of the sudden dries up?

You may not be aware but this very thing happened in 2012 with SDN-6's. They were easily orderable for most of 2011 and I spent a LOT of time in 2012 not selling SDN-6's simply because there were zero to sell. I ordered plenty and the machines were running making other things. I finally got a few large deliveries in the second half of the year but by the time I got them in stock - a lot of customers went to other dealers, or they went to alternative product that was not from AAC in the interest of starting forms right then and there.

Did I lose customers? Yes. Was it anyone's fault? Not really. But the bottom line is that those who have product get the sale, and I did not have product. Managing product deliveries is something that is impossible to do because you don't know if you will sell 10 SDN-6's and get 10 more in at form length or at 10 months. I'm just getting TIRANT 45 units in this week that were ordered in November. The long lead time makes prices volatile. If deliveries were smoother and the supply chain was shorter, prices would be more constant.

Some wish to wait, some want to mail a Form 4 that day. There isn't a right or wrong train of thought here.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

Sdustin wrote:I said that because goingquite was talking about how people were paying more than 700 over msrp for the privilege to start paperwork right then. And that's one reason he was charging more and more as his stock was getting sold. All the way to 1700 bucks.
Yes. They did not want to wait for another delivery and were tired of calling dealers all over the country unicorn hunting.

Someone wanted the product immediately and Forms sent to ATF that day. They paid a premium because nobody else could do it. I fail to see how there's a problem here.
GlocksInMySocks wrote:
GoingQuiet wrote:
gyz wrote:I've seen several for sale at that price. That's over 1000.00 more than I paid for mine?? Is that just panic price?
Panic, insanity, call it what you will.

Going into 2013 I had five SDN6's on my shelf the first of the year at very competitive prices.

When it became 4, I raised the price. I got $1050.

When it became 3, I raised the price. I got $1275.

When it became 2, I raised the price. I got $1500.

When it became 1, I raised the price. I got $1700.

People were willing to pay for the luxury of forms starting immediately. That's how it works.

I wish you the best of luck in the future, but you have lost my business indefinitely.
I fail to see how I've lost your business indefinitely because if I have 20 SDN-6's and I aggressively price the first 10, sell at MSRP the next 5 and sell at increasing prices the last five - I've actually made LESS PROFIT than if I had sold all 20 at MSRP. This is simply pricing on a bell curve due to supply going up and down. If you don't like the price on the last five, that's fine - but you can't ignore the first 10 that are sold at a substantial discount. If you do that, you are looking at only one side of the issue which isn't going to get you far in life.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

Sdustin wrote:GoingQuiet thats nice that you didnt pay any more for the first as you did the last but you happily take advantage of people by making over a grand, pretty much a dick move if you ask me.
It's not a dick move, it's capitalism, and it's his property to do with as he sees fit. I don't agree with him, but I do support his right to do so. If everyone did it, supply/demand would be balanced VERY effectively. Sure, it ticks some people off, but hey, it's always been about the haves/have-nots. He has, someone doesn't. So he makes a buck.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Seems to be a lot of capitalist around these days.
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

Sdustin wrote:Seems to be a lot of capitalist around these days.
Indeed. Maybe some people would prefer that the .gov set the price of every trade/sale good so that we wouldn't have to deal with that evil capitalism thing.
sniper1
Silent But Deadly

Post by sniper1 »

I thought I would chime in. I just bought an M4-2000 from GoingQuiet this weekend. He is very competitively priced, well under MSRP. Actually he was the cheapest I have ever seen.

Oh and I ordered on Friday night at 11PM. He sent me an email stating he would send out the forms first thing Saturday morning...they were in my mailbox on Monday.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

I have watched this thread closely as I have chosen the 762SDN-6 as my first can, I will say that no one forces anyone to pay a price they don't agree with, if you do not like the price, look elsewhere. At the same time its very difficult to stomach that with these being so scarce on the market. Keep your heads up and keep searching, I was able to buy one today for $899 from a really nice store, hopefully they become more readily available in the future.
RTBA8

Post by RTBA8 »

sniper1 wrote:I thought I would chime in. I just bought an M4-2000 from GoingQuiet this weekend. He is very competitively priced, well under MSRP. Actually he was the cheapest I have ever seen.

Oh and I ordered on Friday night at 11PM. He sent me an email stating he would send out the forms first thing Saturday morning...they were in my mailbox on Monday.
I had a similar experience. Priced well under MSRP and a pleasure to do business with.
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

GoingQuiet, I certainly wouldn't worry too much about all the negative responses about your actions. As a few others have said, All you did was sell a product to a customer that was satisfied enough with the price you gave him. That is good customer service and the basics of commerce and capitalism. To everyone else, not every shop is dealing with the same factors and the price at one location does not mean it will be the same at another. Look at gas prices. Just about every gas station has a slightly different price. You don't look at the prices in California and the prices in Georgia and just assume that California is gouging. There are a lot of factors that go into pricing a product including shipping costs, local demand, availability of the product, size of the shop in question, stored inventory and available capital to constantly have new product coming in and so forth.

I think it is a little narrow minded to bash one seller just because you found it some place else for a cheaper price. No one is making you buy at the higher price, or anyone else for that mater, so why are you concerned? Obviously others found the price to be fair or he would not be selling any at all and would go out of business.
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
cardboardkiller
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cardboardkiller »

RTBA8 wrote:
sniper1 wrote:I thought I would chime in. I just bought an M4-2000 from GoingQuiet this weekend. He is very competitively priced, well under MSRP. Actually he was the cheapest I have ever seen.

I had a similar experience. Priced well under MSRP and a pleasure to do business with.
How much is your transfer going to be or do you know? Beware of his hourly charge to handle your paperwork. You very well could have ended up with an outrageous transfer fee and don't know it.

I've found better prices (less than or at MSRP out the door including the tax stamp) at another dealer in state.
Branded for life.
smokey1

Post by smokey1 »

Unobtanium wrote:
Sdustin wrote:Seems to be a lot of capitalist around these days.
Indeed. Maybe some people would prefer that the .gov set the price of every trade/sale good so that we wouldn't have to deal with that evil capitalism thing.
The .gov is working on that for us. Healthcare, housing, food, fossil fuel, and finally suppressor pricing..
Smokey
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Irishpride wrote:If your looking for SDN-6, I have them in stock. $1050 will never be higher even if I only have one. If your law Enforement or Military let me know. I run a LE, Military program for many products and thank you for your service.

I'll do business with people like you any day sir.

The other "dealers" .... the ones who fuel the fire and then rape the gun culture are no different than the politicians who rape our treasury and then raise taxes to pay the bills they generate.

F--k 'em
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu