New style 51T Mounts

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

New style 51T Mounts

Post by sarthree »

Are these (with the further back threads) just another version, or will they become the norm?
cpatterson86
Silent Operator

Re: New style 51T Mounts

Post by cpatterson86 »

sarthree wrote:Are these (with the further back threads) just another version, or will they become the norm?
The only mounts that have recently changed are the 51T 5/8x24 muzzle brakes and they now have wrench flats on the rear of the mount. This change was to accommodate the longer threads found on several factory threaded rifles.
DesertRat
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DesertRat »

Any hope that AAC will produce a 1/2X28 5.56 brake in this configuration?

I would really like to run a brake on my 10.3" barreled gun.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the entire world.
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

DesertRat wrote:Any hope that AAC will produce a 1/2X28 5.56 brake in this configuration?

I would really like to run a brake on my 10.3" barreled gun.
This is exactly what I was thinking...the muzzle brake was amazing on my mk18 until I got my can and it didn't fit.
MJN1957

Post by MJN1957 »

Cade/AAC wrote:
The only mounts that have recently changed are the 51T 5/8x24 muzzle brakes and they now have wrench flats on the rear of the mount.
Did anyone on the development team for the 'new and improved' mount take a moment and spin one onto a 16.5" 300 Blk or .308 Win R700 heavy barrel?

I take it that they didn't since there is no possibility of getting even a 'thin' open-end wrench on the flats that are narrower than the barrel diameter at the shoulder of those barrels.

For the next generation of the mount, would it be possible to use the rest of the extension...the part that is still 'round'...to provide a wrench-flat that is larger than the barrel diameter of two of the more popular rifles those brakes will be installed on?

Geez, if your sister company is stingy with their rifles, I'll measure mine and let you know. :D

MikeN