Finially got a Rem 700 AAC-SD SPS... where to get a mount?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Finially got a Rem 700 AAC-SD SPS... where to get a mount?

Post by pneumagger »

I finally pulled the trigger on a Remington 700 AAC-SD. Talked to Mel @ Sniper Central and he said they could use the AAC-SD SPS as the base rifle for one of their builds, so I ordered one of their rifle packages. Given that the R700 AAC-SD has a bull barrel, where can I get one of the old-style 51T 762SD Brakes (P/N 100185 pictured below with the flat rear shoulder)? All I can find are the newer mounts that require the .750" barrel diameter near the muzzle.

I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Re: Finially got a Rem 700 AAC-SD SPS... where to get a moun

Post by pneumagger »

So, judging by the lack of responses and old style brake mounts to be found anywhere, I guess the back edge of the new-style mount's deep socket extension is acceptable to index against the AAC-SD thread shoulder?

Or am I going to HAVE to cut a .750 OD behind the thread shoulder and then face off the muzzle @ ⊥ .0005 ?
cpatterson86
Silent Operator

Post by cpatterson86 »

The newer muzzle brake with wrench flats (P/N 102320) will work with barrels greater than .750", but the flash hider (P/N 100209) and the Brakeout (P/N 101720) will not.
oilfieldtrash76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by oilfieldtrash76 »

I had the same problem with the flash hider. The Brake works fine on my 700 AAC SD. The flash hider and combo brake/hider both have wrench flats on the back and recessed threads. The brake does not.
"Peace, That wonderful moment when everyone is standing around reloading!" Unknown

FFL (07)
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

oilfieldtrash76 wrote:I had the same problem with the flash hider. The Brake works fine on my 700 AAC SD. The flash hider and combo brake/hider both have wrench flats on the back and recessed threads. The brake does not.
Good news all, thanks!! I plan on mounting a Blackout FH to my 14.5" 308AR, so I should have no problem with my flash hider.
kvincent

Post by kvincent »

I've got one of the original 51T Brakes without the setback that I'd be willing to trade. It's the same one in your picture. I've got a 300 BLK that I really don't want a brake on because A) it doesn't need recoil management and B) it's my primary hog hunting gun and there are always buddies to the left and right. I need to research the FHs and combo units a little, but we can talk it over, if you want.

Respond here or PM if you prefer.

Kerry
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

you got PM!