AAC "Military" Cans

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

zpat

AAC "Military" Cans

Post by zpat »

I noticed after either 2011 or 2012 that the Military can section disappeared from the AAC catalog. I don't remember if it was ever up on the Internet site.

Does this mean AAC is no longer making the MP7-SD2, ACR-SD, RGP-SD, 416-SD, SCAR-SD, SCAR-H-SD, 249-SD, 240SD? The MG-SD is the only one that was part of that group that is still in the current catalog, and is on the website as well now under rifles.

Did AAC separate out its product lines like a lot of companies do and have a military or mil/LE division, with its own catalog and website? I'd imagine it would be hard to do since really all of their products probably apply to military, and most of them apply to civilian except maybe the 240/249.

And I've always been curious with the group of 4 MP7, ACR, RGP & 416, are there/were there really any differences in those cans from the standard M4-2000? Anything that can be shared?

Assuming AAC still makes the SCAR-H-SD, is it something a civilian can get? Is it something a civilian should consider getting vs. a 762-SDN-6 that would offer a tangible benefit? Was it based on the 762-SDN-6? It seems to be a lot more different than the above list was to the M4-2000, but that observation is based upon very limited information and my personal knowledge since I own a 762-SDN-6.

Sorry for the twenty questions. I've been thinking about this for a while just finally remembered to post it here, what better time than midnight on a Thursday when you have 100 other more pressing things to do?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC "Military" Cans

Post by 66427vette »

Scar-H-SD is no longer made same with SPRM4 . Shame loved those two .
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

zpat wrote:I noticed after either 2011 or 2012 that the Military can section disappeared from the AAC catalog. I don't remember if it was ever up on the Internet site.

Does this mean AAC is no longer making the MP7-SD2, ACR-SD, RGP-SD, 416-SD, SCAR-SD, SCAR-H-SD, 249-SD, 240SD? The MG-SD is the only one that was part of that group that is still in the current catalog, and is on the website as well now under rifles.

Did AAC separate out its product lines like a lot of companies do and have a military or mil/LE division, with its own catalog and website? I'd imagine it would be hard to do since really all of their products probably apply to military, and most of them apply to civilian except maybe the 240/249.

And I've always been curious with the group of 4 MP7, ACR, RGP & 416, are there/were there really any differences in those cans from the standard M4-2000? Anything that can be shared?

Assuming AAC still makes the SCAR-H-SD, is it something a civilian can get? Is it something a civilian should consider getting vs. a 762-SDN-6 that would offer a tangible benefit? Was it based on the 762-SDN-6? It seems to be a lot more different than the above list was to the M4-2000, but that observation is based upon very limited information and my personal knowledge since I own a 762-SDN-6.

Sorry for the twenty questions. I've been thinking about this for a while just finally remembered to post it here, what better time than midnight on a Thursday when you have 100 other more pressing things to do?
I think it was more a decision to focus on products that people can actually buy.

I don't know about the MP7-SD2.

The ACR-, RGP-, 416-SD were just re-badged M4-2000s. No differences.
The SCAR-SD was sort of a bastard child of the mod6 and mod8 M4-2000.

AAC still delivers 416-SD-labelled cans to MIL/GOV customers still, and M4-2000s.

The MG-SD recently won the LMG portion of SOCOM's FMBSS program. So, it essentially replaces the 249-SD and 240-SD.

The SCAR-H is discontinued.
The 762-SDN-6 is close to the same sound performance but: much smaller, much lighter, cheaper and more available mounts, and because it is not a reflex mount it will fit on many more barrel/handguard configurations.

the SCAR-H was an older design, the 'N-6 is an updated design in terms of construction and internal design.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

I don't have any additional insight about the website, but it would make sense that the SCAR designated suppressors be dropped, as I don't see that thing lasting much longer. Most have been turned back in. I'm happily using my issued M4-2000 still.
Silencerfreak

Post by Silencerfreak »

I don't have any additional insight about the website, but it would make sense that the SCAR designated suppressors be dropped, as I don't see that thing lasting much longer. Most have been turned back in. I'm happily using my issued M4-2000 still.

Do you mean the SCARs are being turned in or the can that goes on it.?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Silencerfreak wrote:I don't have any additional insight about the website, but it would make sense that the SCAR designated suppressors be dropped, as I don't see that thing lasting much longer. Most have been turned back in. I'm happily using my issued M4-2000 still.

Do you mean the SCARs are being turned in or the can that goes on it.?
The SCARs
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

The rifles.