AAC poor customer support RESOLVED

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

oiler220

AAC poor customer support RESOLVED

Post by oiler220 »

I was going to clean my Element II this weekend and discovered the brass pusher for the removal tool was missing. I have on idea where it went and I looked in any logical place it could be such as cleaning kits with no luck. So today I called AAC to get a replacement. I was told they do not sell the brass pusher and I would need to purchase the complete tool for $60 or use something else. I then asked if they could send me the specs so I could make one and was told no. When I asked if this was a decision supported by upper management the rep replied that it was. So for the lack of a $5 part that is easily lost and a lack of concern by this vendor I resend any recommendations made to my friends and will never make another purchase with this company.
Last edited by oiler220 on Tue May 27, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC poor customer support

Post by tsands974 »

It's going to cost you $60 for the part just about anywhere, I fail to see where AAC is responsible for giving you a part that they no longer make, that you lost. That one's on you, just buy a new tool and 550 cord it to something big so you don't lose it again and be done with it.
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Frustrating, to say the least. Might want to email or call one of the AAC bigwigs that are on this forum and let them know about it. I imagine tensions (and attitudes) are running pretty high right now, what with the move they recently announced and all.

On the other hand, if you have access to a lathe, I'd imagine making one wouldn't be too hard. Heck, make a few dozen and sell them to fellow Element 2 owners that lose them!

Byrdman
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I would post here and a few other places (Under a different subject line so that people find it) asking if anyone can measure and take pictures of the part.
You can probably get enough data you can make your own like you want to anyway. I'm measured a ton of stuff here for other people so they could do things themselves (unfortunately I don't have the pusher tool) The brass part itself looks really simple. You can probably get the smaller diameter from your larger part and the larger outside diameter would be large enough so as not to fit through the bore.

I understand AAC's part of it though. They probably outsource that entire device and order them complete. They may not even have the extra part around to send you.

And like MCKNBRD said, I'd make a few to keep around and a few to sell.
oiler220

Post by oiler220 »

Update: I called the Silencer Shop for a tip on what to use to remove the baffles and spoke with Jeremy. Instead of a tip he is sending me a brass pusher from his stock. I had talked with him when the Element II was released but purchased it elsewhere because it was available there first. Jeremy had no reason to send me a pusher but he gladly volunteered. Since AAC will not sell the pusher this means he will have a tool with out a pusher. This is how you build a business and how I went from looking for a $5 part to the very likely purchase of a new 9mm can. SILENCER SHOP ROCKS, AAC not so much.
Last edited by oiler220 on Tue May 27, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oiler220

Post by oiler220 »

tsands974 wrote:It's going to cost you $60 for the part just about anywhere, I fail to see where AAC is responsible for giving you a part that they no longer make, that you lost. That one's on you, just buy a new tool and 550 cord it to something big so you don't lose it again and be done with it.

I did not ask for AAC to give me one I asked to purchase one and the 550 cord is almost as big as the brass pusher. I am not up to speed on AAC why do they no longer make the no longer make the tool it's on their website?
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

oiler220 wrote:Update: I called the Silencer Store for a tip on what to use to remove the baffles and spoke with Jeremy. Instead of a tip he is sending me a brass pusher from his stock. I had talked with him when the Element II was released but purchased it elsewhere because it was available there first. Jeremy had no reason to send me a pusher but he gladly volunteered. Since AAC will not sell the pusher this means he will have a tool with out a pusher. This is how you build a business and how I went from looking for a $5 part to the very likely purchase of a new 9mm can. SILENCER STORE ROCKS, AAC not so much.
Did you mean Silencer Shop? Yea they've been making waves in the industry lately...good waves mostly.
oiler220

Post by oiler220 »

rimshaker wrote:
oiler220 wrote:Update: I called the Silencer Store for a tip on what to use to remove the baffles and spoke with Jeremy. Instead of a tip he is sending me a brass pusher from his stock. I had talked with him when the Element II was released but purchased it elsewhere because it was available there first. Jeremy had no reason to send me a pusher but he gladly volunteered. Since AAC will not sell the pusher this means he will have a tool with out a pusher. This is how you build a business and how I went from looking for a $5 part to the very likely purchase of a new 9mm can. SILENCER STORE ROCKS, AAC not so much.
Did you mean Silencer Shop? Yea they've been making waves in the industry lately...good waves mostly.
Yes, I corrected my post thanks.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Guessing you didn't see my PM?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

oiler220 wrote:I was going to clean my Element II this weekend and discovered the brass pusher for the removal tool was missing. I have on idea where it went and I looked in any logical place it could be such as cleaning kits with no luck. So today I called AAC to get a replacement. I was told they do not sell the brass pusher and I would need to purchase the complete tool for $60 or use something else. I then asked if they could send me the specs so I could make one and was told no. When I asked if this was a decision supported by upper management the rep replied that it was. So for the lack of a $5 part that is easily lost and a lack of concern by this vendor I resend any recommendations made to my friends and will never make another purchase with this company.
You lost the part, AAC sells the tool kit for $60, and somehow that is such awful customer service you will not buy any more products or recommend them to your friends.

Sounds like GREAT customer service to me.
oiler220

Post by oiler220 »

Update to Update: I have been contacted by three reps at AAC they all said that the request for the part was handled wrong and have offered to send the part. I have requested they send it to the Silencer Shop and bill me for the part and shipping. So I will reinstate my recommendations for AAC and thank them for their help.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Re: AAC poor customer support RESOLVED

Post by Conqueror »

Wait, so AAC didn't have a cheaper way to fix the problem you created, and it is somehow their fault? :lol:
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

Conqueror wrote:Wait, so AAC didn't have a cheaper way to fix the problem you created, and it is somehow their fault? :lol:
they did have a cheaper way, they just refused to.

the brass bushing is like a drill bit. instead of letting him buy a $2 bit, he was told he had to buy a $60 electric drill and they would include a $2 bit.

sorta like if a silencer company had a proprietary QD mount, but would only sell one with a silencer. you have to buy more silencers to get more mounts. not because it's physically impossible to sell the mount, but because they refuse to.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

tsands974 wrote:It's going to cost you $60 for the part just about anywhere, I fail to see where AAC is responsible for giving you a part that they no longer make, that you lost. That one's on you, just buy a new tool and 550 cord it to something big so you don't lose it again and be done with it.
if you actually knew what the brass bushing part of the tool was, you would realize your 550 cord suggestion makes no sense.

he doesn't need the complete tool, just the bushing.
DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Step 1: lose part
Step 2: call AAC
Step 3: AAC offers a solution
Step 4: realize that you are "entitled" to more
Step 5: join Internet forum
Step 6: fuss about poor customer service
Step 7: get the locals riled up
Step 8: AAC fixes your created problem
Step 9: graciously bestow your blessing on AAC
Step 10: never return to Internet forum
Step 11: locals stay riled up
Step 12: win

This thread summed up, can we move on now please...
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

bani wrote:
if you actually knew what the brass bushing part of the tool was, you would realize your 550 cord suggestion makes no sense.

The 550 cord comment was sarcasm due to my opinion that him feeling entitled to something free for losing something that was all his own doing is BS. Thanks
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

bani wrote:

If you knew what a dummy cord is, you'd have avoided a post that makes no sense.

I'm jus' sayin'...

Byrdman
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Nothing funnier than seeing a joe walking around a FOB with 550 cord attached to everything he owns... You know what he did wrong :wink:
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

tsands974 wrote:Nothing funnier than seeing a joe walking around a FOB with 550 cord attached to everything he owns... You know what he did wrong :wink:
Oh, yeah...there is something funnier...how about a whole platoon of ROTC Cadets walking around dummycorded to everything and each other...because ONE of them lost track of her weapon when she hit the head!

(Flashbacks to ROTC Advanced Camp in 1993, where we got to watch 2nd platoon walk around like that for about a week...glad I was in 3rd!)

Byrdman