AAC Micro 7 Feed issues.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

vtoc

AAC Micro 7 Feed issues.

Post by vtoc »

I have been having feed problems with my Remington Micro 7 I have seen other people talk about it on the internet but nothing about a fix. Can anyone help me or am I SOL?
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Micro 7 Feed issues.

Post by MCKNBRD »

More info is needed...what kind of 'feed issues'? Factory or reloads? What brand of ammo? What kind of bullet nose? How are you cycling the bolt (slowly and smoothly, or aggressively)? How many rounds through your rifle?

Lots of info is needed before anyone can chime in with an answer. Even then, its gonna be sketchy at best.

BTW, have you contacted AAC/Remington about it?

Byrdman
vtoc

Post by vtoc »

I have used aluminum dummy rounds, Reloads and Remington 220gr subsonic rounds, When I slide the bolt forward the rims of the round tends to pop out of the magazine before tip of the bullet can enter the barrel. Jamming up the round. And I have not contacted Remington.
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Sounds like a feeding control issue; the tail of the round is being released before the tip can get to the feed ramp. I'd say call Remington/AAC about it and get it sent in. Seems like the Micro 7s have had a bit of an issue with feeding, but nothing I've seen has been exactly like you mentioned. If you don't want to mess with warranty work, you might try filing the edges of the magazine lips down, looking at the geometry of the magazine rim and how it leads to the feed ramp into the chamber, and adding a little stronger magazine spring.

I'd get in touch with AAC or Remington, first, though. Let them deal with it.

Byrdman
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I seem to recall a fix for this issue that was provided by AAC.
It was a while back when it first started shipping though, so I'm a bit foggy on it.