762-SDN-6 vs SR-7 ???

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

dixieandbacon

762-SDN-6 vs SR-7 ???

Post by dixieandbacon »

I went to my local dealer today wanting to buy the SR-7. I was told by my dealer there wasn't any real advantages to get the SR-7 over the 762-SDN-6. And that he was also told this by a AAC rep. He also said the 90T mount was more expensive. I have ordered an AAC 9" upper with the 51 T blackout flash hider so it would be nice not having to buy a new mount. Also my local dealer has the 762-SDN-6 in stock . Does anybody have any thoughts on this or have any real life comparison between the 2?
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: 762-SDN-6 vs SR-7 ???

Post by cyclone72 »

dixieandbacon wrote:I went to my local dealer today wanting to buy the SR-7. I was told by my dealer there wasn't any real advantages to get the SR-7 over the 762-SDN-6. And that he was also told this by a AAC rep. He also said the 90T mount was more expensive. I have ordered an AAC 9" upper with the 51 T blackout flash hider so it would be nice not having to buy a new mount. Also my local dealer has the 762-SDN-6 in stock . Does anybody have any thoughts on this or have any real life comparison between the 2?
he wants to sell you what he has in stock.
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

That's what I was thinking but would like to get some input from others with more silencer experience .
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

dixieandbacon wrote:That's what I was thinking but would like to get some input from others with more silencer experience .
Oh I have plenty of sperience with silencers, just not with these two. I have had a 762SD before. Is price and wait time an issue? Any can not in stock can be pita to wait for, then wait for the form3 than the 9 months approval time. Good luck, I don't see a whole lot of SR-7's on this forum but that may change.
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

I was talking about more experience then me . I wasn't talking about you being inexperienced . Money is not a issue . It would be nice not to have to wait for one to be transferred to my dealer then to me . Also would be nice not to have to buy a new adapter when I already have one coming on my new upper. But all the hassle and wait time I wanna get the best silencer I can .
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

dixieandbacon wrote:I was talking about more experience then me . I wasn't talking about you being inexperienced . Money is not a issue . It would be nice not to have to wait for one to be transferred to my dealer then to me . Also would be nice not to have to buy a new adapter when I already have one coming on my new upper. But all the hassle and wait time I wanna get the best silencer I can .
Gotcha, the SR-7 is relatively new and I have not heard any reviews of it from owners. IMHO I would KISS and get the one in stock that you don't have to wait for and get a new mount for because the sr-7's enhancements, 91t mount, tapered mount to reduce poi shift (got this from their website) are slim when compared to the 762. There are plenty of 762sn users with experience that could chime in but Im not sure if I could say the same about the sr7. Although the enhancements are appealing, the wait and the subtle enhancements to the can aren't worth the pita of waiting for a can for a long time. I mean you could get what is tried and true the 762 and be happy with it or you could take a leap and get the slightly better one but may have too make some minor uncomfortable adjustments for it, only in the end to find out that the wait was not worth it. If it was in stock, that would be a whole nother ball game and id jump all over it. But if you want the best of the best and don't mind the wait(ouch) go with the sr7. I wouldn't recommend it only due to the inconvenience but that's your call. My first can I waited six months for them to make it and than another 9 months for approval. I put it out of my mind for as long as I could and blam, it just showed up. For everyone after that. I swear you could have mistaken me for a father waiting for a baby to be born. I could almost count the minutes and seconds that I had to wait. It is un-nerving, least for me it was.
Last edited by cyclone72 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

My advice would be this: If you are deeply involved in the 51T system(the rest of your cans use this mount along with all your rifles) it might be better to get the N-6. If you are not, and don't mind waiting an extra 1-2 months, go for the SR-7. It is about 2dB quieter and the mount really is better. However, there's nothing wrong with the N-6 and the 51T. That's what I currently run. I do plan on getting an SR-5 and SR-7 though and changing over to the 90T. But I also am not too deep into the 51T system to change.

Another consideration is cost. It may be better to save a few hundred dollars and go with the N-6 for less wait time. Really, you can't go wrong.
Nick
Customer service at Advanced Armament Corporation
[email protected]
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

NickAAC wrote:My advice would be this: If you are deeply involved in the 51T system(the rest of your cans use this mount along with all your rifles) it might be better to get the N-6. If you are not, and don't mind waiting an extra 1-2 months, go for the SR-7. It is about 2dB quieter and the mount really is better. However, there's nothing wrong with the N-6 and the 51T. That's what I currently run. I do plan on getting an SR-5 and SR-7 though and changing over to the 90T. But I also am not too deep into the 51T system to change.

Another consideration is cost. It may be better to save a few hundred dollars and go with the N-6 for less wait time. Really, you can't go wrong.
THIS^^^^^ Best advice ever

forget my rambling post,lol. Guess I should stick to marriage counseling.
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

The SR7 and the SDN-6 are similar performers. With the 90T mount, the SR7 tends to lock up without the wiggle that the 51T has. Huge difference? Nah.

SR7 is a couple of tenths of an ounce lighter. Huge difference? Nah.

I think, performance wise, its a wash. The biggest difference? It's new.

Both are great cans. If you want to minimize the wait time, go with the SDN-6. If you want the latest and greatest, order an SR7.

2 pennies...
Byrdman
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

Thanks for the advice . I will only have one 51 mount so not deeply invested . Gonna think about it over the weekend. Going to do a trust next week so I don't have to keep doing the L.E sign off and the finger prints which is a major pain.
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

When you guys say the 51t mount wiggle . Are you guys saying that no matter how tight you get the can it is still going to be loose or it just loosens up when you shoot it ?
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

The correct way to install the silencer is to tighten it on, and back it off to where the latch sits in the "valley" of the teeth on the mount. As you shoot, carbon will build up between the mount and the silencer and the "wiggle" will minimize. If you tighten it on until it is solid, it will back off to the "valley" by itself and the point of impact will change drastically when that happens compared to when the can was tight.
Nick
[email protected]
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

Nick how long until other thread pitches and other adapters come out for the 90T adapter for SR-7? I only see the 5/8-24 available now. I'm assuming they are going to do all 3 types flash hider,muzzle brakes and brake out comp in the 90T?

Went to my dealer that I do most of my business with and asked if he could order the SR-7 for me. He said he couldn't get them and none of his distributors had them. I said can't you get them straight from AAC he said nope he couldn't which was a lie. Went to another dealer that I don't usually deal with due to his high prices and asked if he could order me a SR-7. He calls AAC directly and the phone is answered by a nick which I am assuming is NickAAC. He gets off the phone and tells me he can get it. Which means the first dealer can get the SR-7 he just doesn't wanna order it cause he is wanting to sell me what he has in stock Which I understand he wants to sell what he has in stock. But it really frustrates me that I do a bunch of business with this dealer and he lies to me and tries to push another brand on me. Dealing with the government to get these items is hard enough the dealer shouldn't make It even harder . Sorry for ranting just needed to vent my frustrations.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

dixieandbacon wrote:Nick how long until other thread pitches and other adapters come out for the 90T adapter for SR-7? I only see the 5/8-24 available now. I'm assuming they are going to do all 3 types flash hider,muzzle brakes and brake out comp in the 90T?

Went to my dealer that I do most of my business with and asked if he could order the SR-7 for me. He said he couldn't get them and none of his distributors had them. I said can't you get them straight from AAC he said nope he couldn't which was a lie. Went to another dealer that I don't usually deal with due to his high prices and asked if he could order me a SR-7. He calls AAC directly and the phone is answered by a nick which I am assuming is NickAAC. He gets off the phone and tells me he can get it. Which means the first dealer can get the SR-7 he just doesn't wanna order it cause he is wanting to sell me what he has in stock Which I understand he wants to sell what he has in stock. But it really frustrates me that I do a bunch of business with this dealer and he lies to me and tries to push another brand on me. Dealing with the government to get these items is hard enough the dealer shouldn't make It even harder . Sorry for ranting just needed to vent my frustrations.
Whatever you do, do NOT let a local dealer order "directly" from the manufacturer. That is the slowest path to getting your can, guaranteed. Most likely because the order passes through a distrubutor anyway. And small orders aren't a priority for big distributors. There's several horror stories around these forums pertaining to this.

Only buy cans from a local dealer if they physically have it, right in front of you.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

rimshaker wrote:
dixieandbacon wrote:Nick how long until other thread pitches and other adapters come out for the 90T adapter for SR-7? I only see the 5/8-24 available now. I'm assuming they are going to do all 3 types flash hider,muzzle brakes and brake out comp in the 90T?

Whatever you do, do NOT let a local dealer order "directly" from the manufacturer. That is the slowest path to getting your can, guaranteed. Most likely because the order passes through a distrubutor anyway. And small orders aren't a priority for big distributors. There's several horror stories around these forums pertaining to this.

Only buy cans from a local dealer if they physically have it, right in front of you.

especially if it's not already made and sitting on the shelf. Manufs make cans in batches and there's no telling when your can ail be made and shipped if it's not ready to go at the moment you order.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

We are currently working on other thread pitches and other models. The brakeout 2.0 and muzzle brakes are going to ship very soon in 1/2-28 and 5/8-24. Other thread pitches will follow.

As far as the dealer stuff, he may not be a direct dealer, which would cause a problem for him trying to get it from us directly. The easiest way is through distributors that have it in stock. HOWEVER: if they are already a direct dealer, and we have it in stock, it will be way quicker to get it from us than most distributors. If the distributor does not have it, they have to order it from us, then it takes a form 3 to them, a form 3 to the dealer, so we are talking about 3 months give or take. Likely, the distributors they use have SR7s pending on form 3s, so they will have them soon. We have them in stock and ready to form and ship.

Your dealer might not have been lying, as most only buy from distributors, and most dealers don't want to get set up as a direct dealer with us.
Nick
[email protected]
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

JasonM wrote:
rimshaker wrote:

especially if it's not already made and sitting on the shelf. Manufs make cans in batches and there's no telling when your can ail be made and shipped if it's not ready to go at the moment you order.
This is the reason that it could take a while if they order directly. They should make sure it is in stock before ordering. but the safest way is get one that is physically there, if that can't happen, then let them order from a distributor that has it in stock, or us if we have it in stock. If all of that can't happen, then you may want to search around the interwebs to find one in stock and order yourself online. You may have to pay a tad more for it, but it beats waiting a long time. At least for me it does.
Nick
[email protected]
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

What about silencershop.com? Anybody have any dealing with them?
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

dixieandbacon wrote:What about silencershop.com? Anybody have any dealing with them?
The best in the business, especially online. Real-time stock inventory. Streamlined checkout process. Immediate serial# assignment and paperwork processing. They got their s--t down.

I think it's safe to say that most forum members here have dealt with SS.
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by NickAAC »

Silencer shop is great. They are great guys over there and really have the process down.
Nick
[email protected]
dixieandbacon

Post by dixieandbacon »

Thanks nick and everyone else for the help . Got my dealer to order the SR-7 today. Now for the dreaded wait .
Big Worm

Post by Big Worm »

If money isn't a option get both of them. I did just waiting for the paper work to go through on the SR-7. I love my AAC 762-SND6