Evo9 or 9S?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

RJT
Silent But Deadly

Evo9 or 9S?

Post by RJT »

Purely for an HD situation. Not a pistol shooter, but may play with it a bit. Ear-Pro sucks, so my decision would be based on this one requirement. The rig would most likely spend 95% of the time locked in a safe until lights out, or home carry after work.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Evo9 or 9S?

Post by Bendersquint »

RJT wrote:Purely for an HD situation. Not a pistol shooter, but may play with it a bit. Ear-Pro sucks, so my decision would be based on this one requirement. The rig would most likely spend 95% of the time locked in a safe until lights out, or home carry after work.
I would say Evo9, its a fullsize can and gives you full size performance compared to the mini Tirant9s.

Your ears will thank you.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Why not the full size TiRant?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Good question. Knowing I wasn't going to be shooting it that much, I figured buy the cheaper Evo9, or get the Tirant S to fit better in the nightstand. Now that you got me thinking about it, I see I was using some pretty flawed logic in my decision making process.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

For a dedicated HD pistol (I'd rather have an SBR, but we covered that elsewhere...), I think the 9S would be an excellent choice. I'd get a (insert favorite 9mm here), get a threaded barrel for it, and mount up the 9S. Test it with your preferred ammo and ablative medium, make sure you have confidence that it will go 'boom' when needed, clean it, and tuck it away.

I would think that a Glock 19 with a 9S would be the t!ts. Add a Crimson Trace lasergrip to aid your shooting in a VERY stressful situation, and a decent light to ID your target. Yeah, its gonna be a chunk, but it would be hard to bet against it being a REALLY good tool for defending the homestead when you hear the bump in the night.

BTW, when you put your 9S back together after cleaning it, grease the piston well with lithium grease and coat the first couple of baffles with it for your ablative medium, then put a piece of cellophane tape over the muzzle. It shouldn't run out, but you just never know.

Byrdman
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

I have the 9s and the Eco-9. The 9s is about as quiet as a full-size and I shoot it dry. If I did everything all over again, I'd have gotten two Ti-rant 9s'.