Element 2 on a 17wsm

Company specific discussions and announcements.
skierjt

Element 2 on a 17wsm

Post by skierjt »

I'm thinking of picking up one of the new rugers in 17wsm. Any idea on how an element would hold up to that caliber through a 24 inch barrel?
NickAAC
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Element 2 on a 17wsm

Post by NickAAC »

It wouldn't hold up, that's a lot of pressure.
Nick
Customer service at Advanced Armament Corporation
[email protected]
AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

SilencerCo told me their Sparrow would hold up. Don't see why the Element 2 wouldn't. Both are rated for 5.7
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas
skierjt

Post by skierjt »

AAC didn't rate the element to 5.7... But yea it holds up fine and sounds great. Don't discredit your own products.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

AirCavBob wrote:SilencerCo told me their Sparrow would hold up. Don't see why the Element 2 wouldn't. Both are rated for 5.7

The Element isn't officially rated for 5.7, and as compared to the Sparrow, the Sparrow's "baffle" walls in the moniker are a lot thicker than the baffles in the Element.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

JasonM wrote:
AirCavBob wrote:SilencerCo told me their Sparrow would hold up. Don't see why the Element 2 wouldn't. Both are rated for 5.7

The Element isn't officially rated for 5.7, and as compared to the Sparrow, the Sparrow's "baffle" walls in the moniker are a lot thicker than the baffles in the Element.
Humm. Thanks for the info. I thought for sure the Element was rated for 5.7. Guess I better limit my 5.7 and 17 WSM to the Sparrow. For what it's worth, my Element is Gen I, one of the first made. Now off to get the 17 threaded....
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas