762 SD Questions

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Jetmd

762 SD Questions

Post by Jetmd »

Any help with the following questions would be greatly appreciated.
All questions pertain to my 762 SD 51T can
1) Is it possible to be converted to direct mount 5/8-24 ?
2) Could it be converted to the new 90T mount?
3) What is the cost associated with either conversion?
Thank-you for your help!
JLBourne

Re: 762 SD Questions

Post by JLBourne »

First, anything is possible with time and money.

Second, as far as direct thread, I suppose you (if you are legally authorized to do so) could make that happen with a welder and a 51t flash hider. Regarding conversion to 90T, I think that's a non starter, again, unless you find someone authorized to work on silencers that has the acumen to convert your can to a 90T configuration (this would likely involve significant modification to the can depending on the thread pitch of the 90T device, and the location of the 90T latch.

You probably don't want to hear this but, short of contacting AAC to see what they say, you'd be better off just buying another can, like a Saker with a 51T module and just move forward from there if your 51T can is giving you grief.

As an owner of two 51T cans, I've just relegated my SDN-6 to fixed status by mounting it under my honey badger rail and leaving it there. My Saker cans are the workhorses for me at the range. As always, YMMV, and good luck.
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com