Front Opening Strike

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Hedley Lamarr

Front Opening Strike

Post by Hedley Lamarr »

Is it possible that factory ammo can be defective, causing it to strike the opening at the end of the suppressor? Today I was at the range with my AAC M4-2000 that I took possession of about 4 ½ months ago. Before anyone asks, I check to make sure it's on tight every 20 rounds (every box). It only has about 600 rounds thru it. When I was taking it off & packing everything up, I saw the front-end strike, but didn't see anything unusual when I looked inside at the baffles, so I guess it only hit the hole at the front. The ammo I shot was 80 rounds of Federal M193 & 20 Winchester M855.
[URL=http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Front Opening Strike

Post by a_canadian »

I'm seeing two endcap strikes. Seems you have an alignment issue. Threads and/or shoulder aren't lining up with the hire properly. Dirty on assembly perhaps, once in a while? Or incorrectly machined threads/shoulder? Using a crush washer?
Hedley Lamarr

Post by Hedley Lamarr »

As I said, I've run around 600 rounds thru it, this is the first time this has happened, so it's not incorrect machine threads or shoulder. I take a brass brush to the mount and inside the suppressor every time I use it so it's not misaligned because it's dirty. No crush washer. I check the tightness every 20 rounds & it has never backed off the mount.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Yes it is entirely possible for factory ammo to be defective, I have seen many defective rounds over the years.
Hedley Lamarr

Post by Hedley Lamarr »

Good news! AAC is repairing it under warranty! They are a great company, but I'm sure everyone already knows that!
TheNeko

Post by TheNeko »

Unfortunately they have terrible customer support policies. Read the other threads about them and whatever you do make sure that no parts are ever lost (like shot down range) as this situation will leave you wth an expensive paperweight. Glad you were able to get resolution.
EastCoastPoly

Post by EastCoastPoly »

What was the host weapon? Was the barrel factory threaded or did you have someone thread the barrel?
“The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better.”
― George Orwell, 1984