250,000 Thanks!

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

jlong

250,000 Thanks!

Post by jlong »

We owe 250,000 Thanks to AAC. Thanks for the great Promo. I think I speak for everyone on that.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I really wish people would stop saying this. 250 cans does NOT mean $250,000.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

What do you mean? They were willing to give a suppressor away up to a thousand dollars. If they gave 250 away, bam. It doesn't matter what their cost is, it's the selling price.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

This is a REALLY sensitive topic, and I'm VERY hesitant to talk about it here. I already feel like an AAC basher for even suggesting that people are being nut swingers about this.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

I wouldn't bash you. I just wanted to know what you mean. Your entitled to your opinion no matter what. Who cares what other people think.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

I just want to say thanks to AAC for the opportunity.
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Stu wrote:I really wish people would stop saying this. 250 cans does NOT mean $250,000.
That's true, AAC didn't lose $250,000 on this promo. However, even at-cost, I'm betting 250 silencers are worth $100k or more, and that's still a hell of a promotion for any company to offer.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

I would be interested to see if any one can name a gun company that has given away over $100K in a year to its customers?

I don't think even the "big" gun companies have done it.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
BriggsRi
Silent But Deadly

Some people...

Post by BriggsRi »

Just goes to show ya, some people are never happy! :?

The AAC promo is what it is, it's really not about the dollar value, but the fact that the AAC team did something that no one else would even consider!

AAC will be getting more of my business!
mike26038
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mike26038 »

s--t, if you have a non refundable deposit in, get some other tattoo. I'm glad this promo introduced me to the world of ink, I loved having my tat done, and love having it. The free can is an awsome bonus. Thanks AAC.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Conqueror wrote:
Stu wrote:I really wish people would stop saying this. 250 cans does NOT mean $250,000.
That's true, AAC didn't lose $250,000 on this promo. However, even at-cost, I'm betting 250 silencers are worth $100k or more, and that's still a hell of a promotion for any company to offer.
They lost a potential profit margin.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

+1 to Mongo and Conquor.

It's a incredible offer givaway they did.

I think in the long run they increaed thier cutomers base and the base for the whole NFA world.
NFAtalk.org
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Re: Some people...

Post by Stu »

BriggsRi wrote:Just goes to show ya, some people are never happy! :?
I don't know if you mean me or not, but please don't classify me as someone who is not happy. I also thought this was a great offer. I did not get a can or tattoo. In fact, I didn't even try, so I am indifferent. Also, I don't have anything negative to say about this whole thing at all, except the way people are over blowing it. All I'm saying is that $250,000 is over blown and I wish people would realize that.
GUNSFORHIRE

Post by GUNSFORHIRE »

Ive never seen anything like this in the entire time I have been a shooter or in shooting sports...NEVER!

When was the last time you saw a top tier company such as AAC give away more than a HAT or a sticker??

Much Less a thousand dollar can!!!

Granted I am sure the cans do not cost 1K to produce..but consider the time these guys and gals have put into this promotional..

Hell, Mike was at the office at 3am the other morning when he took the time to speak with me personally on the phone and answer emails and messages ...I am sure that NO ONE in any similar position would have put that same effort in GIVING something away!..

Never once have they been anything but friendly in all this through the Phone calls, IM's and emails..

Remember, They were doing something for US with nothing in return but a picture while many of us get a free can and a pretty bad ass tattoo to boot!

It does make it easier to get a bad ass tattoo as a bonus..At least it wasn't a big fat dick you were required to get as a tattoo...

Please! Try to get this deal or anything remotely like it with ANYONE else in the firearms manufacturing community!..

You MIGHT get a T-shirt if you called and begged and then I bet you would be made to feel like crap for asking...

AAC is now and will always be top choice for me in anything I decide to purchase regarding suppressors..

I just hope they decide to take on manufacturing weapons one day...I'd fill my safe with their products..

1) Because I know it would be Tier one quality
2) For the customer service
3) I am always willing to give my money back to those who are
willing to give back to their people
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Nevermind. We are having two different conversations here. There is no use even trying to explain what I'm talking about to people that are too caught up in being awwwed by simple marketing.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Stu wrote:Nevermind. We are having two different conversations here. There is no use even trying to explain what I'm talking about to people that are too caught up in being awwwed by simple marketing.
This is not simple marketing. AAC could have bought at least 20 full page color back-of magazine ads for what this cost. This was done to give something to the community (to people willing to be enthusiastic in return).

AAC's photo contests, silencer shoot giveaways, and other such things have a vastly more costly prize to participation ratio than is normal in any industry. For example, some large company might give away a $20,000 car but millions of people will enter the contest. AAC will give away tens of thousands of dollars in prizes when only 500 people enter. There is no logic in this other than just wanting to do something cool and interesting.

It makes no sense to be a cynic.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

rsilvers wrote:
Stu wrote:Nevermind. We are having two different conversations here. There is no use even trying to explain what I'm talking about to people that are too caught up in being awwwed by simple marketing.
This is not simple marketing. AAC could have bought at least 20 full page color back-of magazine ads for what this cost. This was done to give something to the community (to people willing to be enthusiastic in return), not as a plan to secretly make money.
Even you don't understand. I'm not saying ANYTHING about this marketing, or AAC's business practice, or anything should have been done differently, or anything like that.

Let me try and make this clear to everyone all at once.

I'm not saying ANYTHING about AAC, how could I?

All I'm saying is that for people to throw around this figure of $250,000 WOOOW! Is incorrect. No one is saying that this offer wasn't great.

I can't even put into words how large the gap is between what I am trying to say, and what people think I'm talking about. If anyone is reading my post and thinking, "Well, this jerk just isn't satisfied," then please just ignore my posts because that is not even in the arena of what I am talking about. I'll just shut up now and let everyone have their little $250,000 party.
rsilvers wrote:It makes no sense to be a cynic.
EXACTLY. I'm NOT being a cynic in any way shape or form. I am frustrated that people are so excited about this, that I can't even point out one thing that is less than true without people completely missing the point and jumping all over me.

Am I the ONLY one that noticed that AAC never said anything about $250,000? It was everyone else that mentioned this, and THAT is where my posts are directed, not at AAC.

AAC said they gave away 250 cans, and that was it. Everyone could get up to $1,000 at full retail, but that is meaningless to the actual event.
Last edited by Stu on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

If you mean this cost AAC less than $250,000 -- true -- I doubt it cost more than $125K.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I'm not even saying that much. I'm not even asking for a real number. I'm just saying that just because 250 cans were given away, and people had the option to chose a can up to $1,000 in full retail value, does not automatically mean $250,000. It could even be more than $250,000.

I'm just saying I wish people would quit throwing that number around when it is meaningless and has ZERO effect on the scope of the promotion. If AAC only gave away 1 can that was the LEAST expensive unit they had, it would be no LESS awesome of a promotion.
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Forget the dollar amount if it makes you happy Stu. Look at the number of cans. Its freakin 250 suppressors being given away for free. 250 cans... Big thanks for such a cool promotion, some of us realize how truly awesome it is to see a company do something like this.

Forgot to ad, My father has an AAC can (amongst others) and this will be my first. Well after seeing how amazing AAC is with people I am already thinking about my next can which will without a doubt be an AAC
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I guess my point is that the number is utterly meaningless. If AAC made this offer, but only sold one can, it would still be an equally awesome offer.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

Good, we got your point. Now, shut the F--k up.
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Glockin_it
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Glockin_it »

tuckerrnr1 wrote:Good, we got your point. Now, shut the F--k up.
+infinity
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Agreed, arguing over the actual dollar value of the free silencers is the stupidest possible argument in this situation. I don't care if they gave away 250 Tac-65s that were only worth $30 apiece. Arguing over the semantics of whether or not the consumers claimed all $250,000 worth of "store credit" is incredibly boring.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

tuckerrnr1 wrote:Good, we got your point. Now, shut the F--k up.
F--k finally. Now can I level an equal shut the F--k up at anyone who ever types "$250,000" ever again? :lol: