An appropriate host for AAC goodness!

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

chainring
Senior Silent Operator

An appropriate host for AAC goodness!

Post by chainring »

Sorry, y'all, I know this isn't the AR15 area, or even a picture area, necessarily - but my glee got the better of me and I had to put this here!

Ordered this through JEREMY AT KNESEK GUNS, who is a gentleman and a scholar!

M6A3, in MRE, with a 14.7 inch barrel and a permanently attached (by LWRCI) AAC SPR/M4 suppressor mount, along with a Geiselle trigger upgrade.

M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

I can't believe you wasted your money on that thing :roll:

HA HA just kidding.

I have been trying to figure out how I can get a M6A3, but I can't seem to stop all of my other projects long enough to come up with the money.
Really like the MRE finish and the SPR/M4 on it.

Nice rig. happy shooting.

Range report soon hopefully?
Jay1983
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jay1983 »

DUDE SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I WANT ONE SO BAD!!!

I was looking at these the other day... I want to have them do one of them for me with a John Noveske stainless barrel so bad...

please try something for me... try shooting it without the suppressor but with the gas block in suppressed mode... I'd like to know what it does...
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Re: An appropriate host for AAC goodness!

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

chainring wrote:Sorry, y'all, I know this isn't the AR15 area, or even a picture area, necessarily - but my glee got the better of me and I had to put this here!

Ordered this through JEREMY AT KNESEK GUNS, who is a gentleman and a scholar!

M6A3, in MRE, with a 14.7 inch barrel and a permanently attached (by LWRCI) AAC SPR/M4 suppressor mount, along with a Geiselle trigger upgrade.

[]
M6A3! Good call!

Geiselle trigger, another good call did you use the DMR springs?

Well, how does it shoot?
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

It doesn't say "Colt" on the side, so no........it's a piece of s--t.
NFAtalk.org
Dark Tranquility
Elite Member

Post by Dark Tranquility »

Would a permanently affixed SPR/M4 mount bring a 14.5â€
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

[quote="Dark Tranquility"]Would a permanently affixed SPR/M4 mount bring a 14.5â€
gimp2x
Silent But Deadly

Post by gimp2x »

what finish is on that barrel?
chainring
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chainring »

Yes, the trigger is a DMR, and excellent.

The finish on the barrel is as follows from the LWRC forum:

" Ferritic Nitrocarburizing Information
The standard M6 barrel features a ferritic salt bath nitro carburized interior and exterior finish. This finishing process is also applied to the barrel extension and gas port. This finishing process is a surface conversion process in place of industrial hard chrome and is therefore inherently free from nodules, flaking, pits, stripping, or anode burrs. The process results in chemical and structural composition changes that can be described as a case hardening to a depth of 0.005â€
Jay1983
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jay1983 »

chainring wrote: I'll try to get out and run a mag through it set on "S" but with no can and report back this evening.
dude, you the sh!t... thanks...
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Jay1983 wrote:
chainring wrote: I'll try to get out and run a mag through it set on "S" but with no can and report back this evening.
dude, you the sh!t... thanks...
+1
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
chainring
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chainring »

Well, it took a little longer to get it done, but I did run about 40 rounds through it today, playing with the off, suppressed, and normal settings. Off was pretty unique - boltgun recoil, a little less racket, nice clarity on the Blackout ring (I love that ring!,) cycling by hand...pretty neat. Need to try that one suppressed.

Normal and Suppressed settings are just not that much different, to me. I'm shooting semi-auto, and it seems like it cycles just a LITTLE softer when set on Suppressed but without a can. Still locks back every time, so it's not a major difference. I suppose I expected it to barely cycle, or something...?

Anyway, it runs like a raped ape no matter how you set it, and I am quite pleased with it.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

Nice setup

I'm curious how far the cases are being ejected, and in which direction (with the barrel pointing 12 o'clock as a reference) when you switch between normal & suppressed gas setting.
Jay1983
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jay1983 »

chainring wrote:Well, it took a little longer to get it done, but I did run about 40 rounds through it today, playing with the off, suppressed, and normal settings. Off was pretty unique - boltgun recoil, a little less racket, nice clarity on the Blackout ring (I love that ring!,) cycling by hand...pretty neat. Need to try that one suppressed.

Normal and Suppressed settings are just not that much different, to me. I'm shooting semi-auto, and it seems like it cycles just a LITTLE softer when set on Suppressed but without a can. Still locks back every time, so it's not a major difference. I suppose I expected it to barely cycle, or something...?

Anyway, it runs like a raped ape no matter how you set it, and I am quite pleased with it.
sweet, its going on my list... I'll never have a paycheck ever again.... :twisted:
chainring
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chainring »

Omega_556 wrote:Nice setup

I'm curious how far the cases are being ejected, and in which direction (with the barrel pointing 12 o'clock as a reference) when you switch between normal & suppressed gas setting.
Thanks!

I tested that today, informally, and from a supported standing position the cases were being thrown approximately 5 feet into a 1.5 foot area. No can, set on "Suppressed" the casings were going to 3 oclock - no can, set on "Normal" the casings went to 4 oclock.
Jay1983
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jay1983 »

chainring wrote:I tested that today, informally, and from a supported standing position the cases were being thrown approximately 5 feet into a 1.5 foot area. No can, set on "Suppressed" the casings were going to 3 oclock - no can, set on "Normal" the casings went to 4 oclock.
ok, so where do they go when suppressed? :P