'09 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Are you going to the Silencer Shoot?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 180

1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

NF Optics-Bill wrote:I haven't missed one yet and will definetely be there again this year....
Look me up this time would ya! :D
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
zCrash25

Post by zCrash25 »

This is my 1st year attending and man i can't wait! Are we allowed to bring our personal weapon or can we only shoot those that belong to the vendors?
If I had 6 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the 1st hour sharpening the axe.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

zCrash25 wrote:This is my 1st year attending and man i can't wait! Are we allowed to bring our personal weapon or can we only shoot those that belong to the vendors?
Bring anything you want as long as it's legal and suppressed :wink:
NF Optics-Bill
Silent But Deadly

Post by NF Optics-Bill »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
NF Optics-Bill wrote:I haven't missed one yet and will definetely be there again this year....
Well, like us - the place seemed like it was hopping and I certainly didn't want to bother anyone. :D
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

NF Optics-Bill wrote:
1_ar_newbie wrote:
Well, like us - the place seemed like it was hopping and I certainly didn't want to bother anyone. :D
I understand... Trust me I have been there too.
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
Look for him around the PSI booth. Thats where he was mostly last time.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I intend to make purchase of an AAC 51T muzzle brake within the week. Either that or twenty-one 30rd magazines and a 51T Blackout :lol:

Is PRVI XM855 alright to use through a can, or should I get some other kind of ammo? I'm looking at acquiring 1000rds and bringing 300rds to the shoot.
RidgeRunner
Silent Operator

Post by RidgeRunner »

This seems like it could be interesting. I'm a newb to anything NFA-regulated, so it'd be cool to hear with my own ears what a suppressed weapon sounds like.

Will tickets be available at the gate, or do you have to buy them in advance?

Will there be any demo weapons to shoot, or am I S.O.L. if I don't bring my own?
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

There are always lots of demo weapons, plus many of the private collectors will let you put a few rounds through their stuff if you ask nicely, especially if you have your own ammo to shoot. Tickets are available at the gate.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Dingle1911
Silent Operator

Post by Dingle1911 »

I will be there. I am really looking forward to it.
popodaman
Silent Operator

Post by popodaman »

I'm planning on coming.

AAC 762SD
Noveske N4 SBR
DD M4
Ruger MKIII
Hopefully - SWR Spectre
I'm so happy to be here.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

paco ramirez wrote:Is PRVI XM855 alright to use through a can, or should I get some other kind of ammo? I'm looking at acquiring 1000rds and bringing 300rds to the shoot.
I'd use something cheaper than green tips if I were you and I don't think they like it when you shoot the plates with them. If you can, get something other than Prvi, they have the worst ammonia smell from what I've shot suppressed...
DIY Hunting
Silent Operator

Post by DIY Hunting »

Luckily, Red Hill is only about 10 miles from my family's lake house over in Martin. Will be staying up there for the weekend and going to both the seminar and shoot.

Went last year and it was great. Mark over at PSI is susposed to bring my pending Sabre SBR so I can try it out with the M4-1000.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

I've never been before, I voted "no" earlier, but it turns out I will get to come now. YEA!!!

A few questions:

1.) How far is it from the parking area to the range? Is it reasonable to bring a lot of stuff and make trips back and forth to the car, or will I want to bring it in all at once, find a spot on the firing line and hunker down?

2.) I know there are a lot of vendors doing demos of new products, but are people actually selling stuff there? What kind of cash should I bring?

3.) Mers: I know you talked about this with someone else earlier, but plans do change now and then, is it possible for me to bring my prodigy and switch out cores with you guys while I'm there? Will they be ready by then? Is there any fitting involved or anything?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

st33ve0 wrote: I'd use something cheaper than green tips if I were you and I don't think they like it when you shoot the plates with them. If you can, get something other than Prvi, they have the worst ammonia smell from what I've shot suppressed...
XM855 PRVI is the cheapest I've found. What's your source? :lol:
Suppressor Professor
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Suppressor Professor »

Cortland wrote:
Armorer-at-Law wrote:I am making plans to attend.
Wear the suit.
Cortland, are you going to bring your fancy hat?
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
www.facebook.com/silencershoot
www.twitter.com/aacblog
"SKINNY WITHE MERS"
RACHEL OF THE DAY
WTF CHRONICLES
CHECK 'EM OUT
huntert723

Post by huntert723 »

I believe I can make this one.
[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/397/397677/folders/296902/2371491member3583.jpg[/img]
tweakmeister
Silent But Deadly

Post by tweakmeister »

I have yet to make one of these - here's hoping for 2010!!!
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

Suppressor Professor wrote:Cortland, are you going to bring your fancy hat?
The hat was severely damaged several years ago and I think has since been thrown away.

I might buy another before the shoot, but I've gotten pretty used to the perpetual sunburn lately, so I might just go without.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Just confirmed that I'll be bringing a few 'hawks and my newly finished F1 .22 can to play with.
Cortland wrote:
Suppressor Professor wrote:Cortland, are you going to bring your fancy hat?
The hat was severely damaged several years ago and I think has since been thrown away.

I might buy another before the shoot, but I've gotten pretty used to the perpetual sunburn lately, so I might just go without.
You should get a black cloak for the Brim Reaper look :lol:
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

joshrunkle35 wrote:
A few questions:

1.) How far is it from the parking area to the range? Is it reasonable to bring a lot of stuff and make trips back and forth to the car, or will I want to bring it in all at once, find a spot on the firing line and hunker down?

2.) I know there are a lot of vendors doing demos of new products, but are people actually selling stuff there? What kind of cash should I bring?

3.) Mers: I know you talked about this with someone else earlier, but plans do change now and then, is it possible for me to bring my prodigy and switch out cores with you guys while I'm there? Will they be ready by then? Is there any fitting involved or anything?
Any Answers?
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

joshrunkle35 wrote:3.) Mers: I know you talked about this with someone else earlier, but plans do change now and then, is it possible for me to bring my prodigy and switch out cores with you guys while I'm there? Will they be ready by then? Is there any fitting involved or anything?
LOL

If it's like the last shoot, which I'm not sure it is, yeah, you can bring s--t from you car in several trips. There is stuff for sale, but not a whole lot and nothing very compelling -- mostly your $10 SWR shirts and $20 AAC shirts ... both being of similar quality BTW. FYI.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

We are growing the vendor section this year. There is a lot of cool stuff for sale...Cortland's taste is simply in his mouth.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

I hope you guys bring plenty of t-shirts, i'll be bunking up one of eatch for sure HAHA..

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

I will be there for sure- My table will have some demo cans and most importantly- SALES!!!! We plan on having avaliable to demo:
AAC:
M4-2000
Element
762 SD
Maybe an EVO9

SWR:
Spectre
Trident
HEMS2

Silencerco:
22 Sparrow

We are also going to contribute some door prizes to the mix- the kind that require $200 donations to the ATF.....

Come visit the table we will have set up.
Last edited by pierre1631 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.