'09 Silencer Shoot Attendance Thread

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Are you going to the Silencer Shoot?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 180

cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

I'm not making it this year (having a baby about a week and a half after the shoot). I will be buying some raffle tickets for the WWP rifles/pistol! Can someone that is coming back through mississippi drop them off by me after I win? :D

Last year was a blast and I know this year will be even better.
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
rebok87
Silent Operator

Post by rebok87 »

My husband and I will be there with Bells on. We attended the shoot last year and AAC was kind enough to supply us with a booth and let us show our wears. Advanced Armament put on a first rate shoot. Everyone seemed to have that same grin on their face when they came off the line.
Last edited by rebok87 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Innovative Arms Billet Core Suppression
http://innovativearms.com/
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

I plan on being there even thoe i have not been on here in a while. I still got to come see all that cool s--t!
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2935.png[/img][/url]
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

st33ve0 wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:Is PRVI XM855 alright to use through a can, or should I get some other kind of ammo? I'm looking at acquiring 1000rds and bringing 300rds to the shoot.
I'd use something cheaper than green tips if I were you and I don't think they like it when you shoot the plates with them. If you can, get something other than Prvi, they have the worst ammonia smell from what I've shot suppressed...
I found some cheaper Federal AE XM193. Would that be better?
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

Oh yes- That is the good stuff.
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

paco ramirez wrote:
st33ve0 wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:Is PRVI XM855 alright to use through a can, or should I get some other kind of ammo? I'm looking at acquiring 1000rds and bringing 300rds to the shoot.
I'd use something cheaper than green tips if I were you and I don't think they like it when you shoot the plates with them. If you can, get something other than Prvi, they have the worst ammonia smell from what I've shot suppressed...
Yes, very good, but I'll still trade you some green tips 1:1 for some of my M193 to shoot if you want :wink: :lol:
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

st33ve0 wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:
st33ve0 wrote: I'd use something cheaper than green tips if I were you and I don't think they like it when you shoot the plates with them. If you can, get something other than Prvi, they have the worst ammonia smell from what I've shot suppressed...
Yes, very good, but I'll still trade you some green tips 1:1 for some of my M193 to shoot :wink: :lol:
Maybe :wink:

I'm 95% sure I'm getting the AE M193 since the ammo comes in a 200 rnd box and it's cheaper. It's easier to load 30rnd mags from a 200rd box. I'll be bringing 300rds when I head over that way; whichever I end up bringing.
kdiver58
Elite Member

I'm coming

Post by kdiver58 »

I'm coming with as much 300 whisper as I can make .. Not as much as Kalikraven will have but quite a bit.
Been so busy I haven't had time to make brass up ... With the deadline fast approaching .. I need to get my butt in gear..
If my wife can get off I'm bringing her too.
GUNSFORHIRE

Post by GUNSFORHIRE »

I am stoked..I just got back in country and I really didn't know if I was going to make it or not to attend..

I just picked up 500 more .308 and 1K of 5.56 :D
And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

I'm bringing a brick of .22s!
Stan_TheGunNut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stan_TheGunNut »

joshrunkle35 wrote:I've never been before, I voted "no" earlier, but it turns out I will get to come now. YEA!!!

A few questions:

1.) How far is it from the parking area to the range? Is it reasonable to bring a lot of stuff and make trips back and forth to the car, or will I want to bring it in all at once, find a spot on the firing line and hunker down?

The parking lot is pretty much directly behind the range. Based on my experience there, I'd suggest bringing a cooler of bottled water, some folding type chairs, and a shade tent. Sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses would be good too.

2.) I know there are a lot of vendors doing demos of new products, but are people actually selling stuff there? What kind of cash should I bring?

I've seen vendors there selling things like magpul Pmags before, but I think the thing you need the most cash for is door prize tickets and the Wounded Warrier Raffle tickets. In my experience, $100 bucks is plenty. That will buy you a BBQ lunch, some soft drinks, and get you tickets into the raffles. You may also want to bring some factory ammo in the event you meet someone who has soemthing you want to shoot. Most people there will let you shoot their stuff.

3.) Mers: I know you talked about this with someone else earlier, but plans do change now and then, is it possible for me to bring my prodigy and switch out cores with you guys while I'm there? Will they be ready by then? Is there any fitting involved or anything?

I'd like to have my Prodigy core prior to the shoot...but changing it out there would be great.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Re: I'm coming

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

kdiver58 wrote:I'm coming with as much 300 whisper as I can make .. Not as much as Kalikraven will have but quite a bit.
Been so busy I haven't had time to make brass up ... With the deadline fast approaching .. I need to get my butt in gear..
If my wife can get off I'm bringing her too.
Look me up... I would like to talk to you about 300 whisper...
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Stan_TheGunNut wrote:
joshrunkle35 wrote:I've never been before, I voted "no" earlier, but it turns out I will get to come now. YEA!!!

A few questions:

1.) How far is it from the parking area to the range? Is it reasonable to bring a lot of stuff and make trips back and forth to the car, or will I want to bring it in all at once, find a spot on the firing line and hunker down?

The parking lot is pretty much directly behind the range. Based on my experience there, I'd suggest bringing a cooler of bottled water, some folding type chairs, and a shade tent. Sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses would be good too.

2.) I know there are a lot of vendors doing demos of new products, but are people actually selling stuff there? What kind of cash should I bring?

I've seen vendors there selling things like magpul Pmags before, but I think the thing you need the most cash for is door prize tickets and the Wounded Warrier Raffle tickets. In my experience, $100 bucks is plenty. That will buy you a BBQ lunch, some soft drinks, and get you tickets into the raffles. You may also want to bring some factory ammo in the event you meet someone who has soemthing you want to shoot. Most people there will let you shoot their stuff.

3.) Mers: I know you talked about this with someone else earlier, but plans do change now and then, is it possible for me to bring my prodigy and switch out cores with you guys while I'm there? Will they be ready by then? Is there any fitting involved or anything?

I'd like to have my Prodigy core prior to the shoot...but changing it out there would be great.
1. Good info!

2. There will be a lot of really nice stuff to buy this year! Even I am planning on buying some stuff... :shock:

3. I will not rule this out... however, I can not promise ANYTHING
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Multitaskertools

Post by Multitaskertools »

1_ar_newbie wrote:i will be there! :wink:
me too, right Mike? :wink:
multitaskertools.com
ready_on_the_right
Silent But Deadly

Post by ready_on_the_right »

I'll be there with AR and M4-2000 in tow hoping to blow some more doors off with tannerite! That was too cool!

Mike
God, Family and Country
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Have they arranged for any entertainment or special guest as suggested last year???
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

About 100 people from the site are coming this year so far. Last year the tannerite blew car parts back past the firing line :lol:

Only 1 month away now...
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

Anyone purchase tickets yet?
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

Will the Seminar Tickets be posted online as well?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I'm getting my tickets, as soon as my dealer gives me my AR15 so I can pay for it first. I've been trying to get it since Friday :?

What hotels have you guys booked, or are looking into?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
TypeR632 wrote:May have a .338 Lapua by then. Will there be a Titan there we can demo?
We will have a Titan there on our gun. Come find me and I will let you shoot it.

:twisted:
I'm going to need to get on that too this year :twisted:
NBJamie99
Silent But Deadly

Post by NBJamie99 »

Stayed at Super 8 In Lavonia Exit 173 last 2 years, 55 a night with AAA discount. Not too many people looking at you funny when you carry a half dozen gun cases to your room. :lol:
LiquidTension
Silent Operator

Post by LiquidTension »

I'll be there again, wearing an Innovative Arms shirt :D
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Tickets on sale now!

http://www.silencershoot.com
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Fro1911nut
Silent Operator

Post by Fro1911nut »

1_ar_newbie wrote:Tickets on sale now!

http://www.silencershoot.com
Mike is this going to be true for this year?

however no one under 18 can shoot
M4 1000
Pilot
SWR Omega
Polite Society built Noveske/Saber asskicking SBR