AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

SaturationTech

Re: AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Post by SaturationTech »

Figured I'd put this here. Just got the reply from Mr. Mers...

Hello there,

Thanks for the email and support!

R & D has this on the back burner till they get some other projects finished.

I would say this will happen next year at best.

Enjoy the Ti-Rant!

Sincerely,
Mike Mers | Sales Representative
Advanced Armament Corp.
2408 Tech Center Parkway, Suite 150
Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Looks like I'll be pulling my 3lug 9mm barrel and picking up a 5" threaded barrel and a piston...Crap.
Golf_1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Golf_1911 »

How many piston that come in Ti-Rant package?

I mean for different piston thread for attach different pistol

My sig P229 was europe thread but my G19 was 1/2"x28
Silent But Death!!!
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Golf_1911 wrote:How many piston that come in Ti-Rant package?

I mean for different piston thread for attach different pistol

My sig P229 was europe thread but my G19 was 1/2"x28
One. You get the one you order or that came with the silencer. It does nto come with a package of different pistons.

If a stocking dealer has a TiRant you want but has the workng piston just get a piston from the Major or AAC. I woudl have a standard 1/2x28 on hand even if you do not have a 1/2x28 as it is the most popular for hosts. THEN order the one(s) you may also use. I have 2 in case a friend has a platform that takes the European LH thread.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
RidgeRunner
Silent Operator

Post by RidgeRunner »

Any news on a 3-lug for the TiRANT?

*poke poke prod prod*
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

RidgeRunner wrote:Any news on a 3-lug for the TiRANT?

*poke poke prod prod*

Would be nice.. If AAC comes out with one I will get it for my 9mm TiRant.

But in the mean time...

I had my Evo-9 sent out to make it user serviceable. I figured the Tri-lug adapter would not be out for a while so I had my Evo-9 sent out to jail break and will eventually have it setup to use the new Gen II AAC baffles. I hope some day AAC makes an Evo-9 that is take apart for everyone. It is one of my favorite silencers. Size weight, dB (new core), Tri-lug capable, designed to use wet and dry, and has very good quality. .. just DO NOT SHOOT Winchester Super Unleaded ammo in it!

In a month or 2 I will post pictures of my new upgraded baby. The Evo-9 is not just a silencer it's a "system" with mine going to be take apart it will have an abundance of features.

I cannot say enough good about how much I like it.. It just needed to be upgraded and made user serviceable. Now I have all the features I have wanted for so long.

I too am waiting for the Trilug for the 9mm TiRant.
RidgeRunner
Silent Operator

Post by RidgeRunner »

JohnInNH wrote:just DO NOT SHOOT Winchester Super Unleaded ammo in it!
Really? Why is that? I nearly bought a case the other day. :oops:
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

RidgeRunner wrote:
JohnInNH wrote:just DO NOT SHOOT Winchester Super Unleaded ammo in it!
Really? Why is that? I nearly bought a case the other day. :oops:

The Super Unleaded is super clean and I love the stuff... BUT!

The powder blasts granular particles that will sandblast and erode your Al baffles VERY fast. Only a few boxes will round the edges off your baffles. Search my name and Erosion for other people's pics.

It has been jail broke and baffles #2, #3. #4 are all bad Matt will post pictures of my baffles later..

Less than 500 will do this .. Look at the 2nd baffle.. :
RidgeRunner
Silent Operator

Post by RidgeRunner »

Yikes! Thanks for the warning.
ScorpioMk

Post by ScorpioMk »

RidgeRunner wrote:Any news on a 3-lug for the TiRANT?

*poke poke prod prod*

Also interested in getting one too if they become available.
Fusion

Post by Fusion »

Hey guys I've been around the forum for awhile, but have never posted till now. I was wondering if I could just get some feedback/opinions on personal experience with 9mm guns and this suppressor. I just bought my first suppressor yesterday (AAC Ti-rant .45 for my HK USP .45) and the guy at the store told me I could buy this part to let the suppressor be used on 9mm's and .40's. So now I'm thinking about purchasing a p226 Elite Dark 9mm http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... arrel.aspx or maybe going for the HK p30L http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products ... eneral.asp and throwing a threaded barrel on it. I like my HK so I would assume I'd like the p30L, but I've never shot or owned a SIG before and was wondering if anyone has ever combined the Ti-rant with this particular gun. Or if there are any other 9mm guns out there that you guys would recommend with this suppressor I would greatly appreciate it.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Fusion wrote:Hey guys I've been around the forum for awhile, but have never posted till now. I was wondering if I could just get some feedback/opinions on personal experience with 9mm guns and this suppressor. I just bought my first suppressor yesterday (AAC Ti-rant .45 for my HK USP .45) and the guy at the store told me I could buy this part to let the suppressor be used on 9mm's and .40's. So now I'm thinking about purchasing a p226 Elite Dark 9mm http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... arrel.aspx or maybe going for the HK p30L http://www.hk-usa.com/military_products ... eneral.asp and throwing a threaded barrel on it. I like my HK so I would assume I'd like the p30L, but I've never shot or owned a SIG before and was wondering if anyone has ever combined the Ti-rant with this particular gun. Or if there are any other 9mm guns out there that you guys would recommend with this suppressor I would greatly appreciate it.

With the conversion piston,, the Ti-rant 45 will do very well on a 9mm host... the only drawback is that is is much larger than a dedicated 9mm can.

My personal all-around favorite 9mm host is the Sig 226. It sounds good, and has been very very reliable.
In second place is the Glock 19.

After the basics (reliability, accuracy, feel), I consider the other details like availability of replacement parts, cost of mags, etc...
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

excuse my newbness..

I bought a AAC Tirant 9mm the other day, I'm still waiting for stamp... Whats the thread size? I need to get my barrels threaded... Whats a good brand or company? Unless I get a barrel prethreaded, I know compact and subcompact guns most company won't customize thread them becuase of the short length, whats a good solution?>
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

No2sc2 wrote:excuse my newbness..

I bought a AAC Tirant 9mm the other day, I'm still waiting for stamp... Whats the thread size? I need to get my barrels threaded... Whats a good brand or company? Unless I get a barrel prethreaded, I know compact and subcompact guns most company won't customize thread them becuase of the short length, whats a good solution?>
Depends on what thread version you bought. Ask your dealer. Most common is 1/2-28TPI, followed by M13.5x1RH.
Kick Ass Design
d00d

Post by d00d »

I'm sizing my 9mm suppressor purchase for my drawer safe, and depending on length will go for either the 9 or 45S with a piston for 9mm.
AAC lists the length of the Ti-RANT 9 as 7.75", is that including the part of the piston that sticks out or just the tube?
Thanks.
d00d

Post by d00d »

Anyone?
Thanks in advance.
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

d00d wrote:I'm sizing my 9mm suppressor purchase for my drawer safe, and depending on length will go for either the 9 or 45S with a piston for 9mm.
AAC lists the length of the Ti-RANT 9 as 7.75", is that including the part of the piston that sticks out or just the tube?
Thanks.
I just looked at AAC's site and they list the Ti-Rant 9mm at 7.9" now. I would guess that includes the piston but that is only a guess. The 45S is currently listed at 6.42".
d00d

Post by d00d »

Slaine777 wrote:
d00d wrote:I'm sizing my 9mm suppressor purchase for my drawer safe, and depending on length will go for either the 9 or 45S with a piston for 9mm.
Thanks.
I just looked at AAC's site and they list the Ti-Rant 9mm at 7.9" now. I would guess that includes the piston but that is only a guess. The 45S is currently listed at 6.42".
Thanks, I saw that too.
Perhaps someone from AAC, or who owns one can measure it?
Brandon L

Post by Brandon L »

anyone know if the aac ti-rant 9 has a 3 lug adapter available yet....?
id really like to get it and use it on 9mm mp5k pdw, XD9, some other 9's, and possibly also on AR 15-22 or a 22lr pistol since it is user serviceable...
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Brandon L wrote:anyone know if the aac ti-rant 9 has a 3 lug adapter available yet....?
id really like to get it and use it on 9mm mp5k pdw, XD9, some other 9's, and possibly also on AR 15-22 or a 22lr pistol since it is user serviceable...
No, a 3Lug is not available for the Tirant's.
zpat

Post by zpat »

Any update on the Ti-Rant 3-lug adapter? Is this ever going to happen or did I make a mistake? I've owned for over a year (+6 months in dealer safe) and figured they would have it out by now. I still haven't shot it on my MP5.

Fingers crossed.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

zpat wrote:Any update on the Ti-Rant 3-lug adapter? Is this ever going to happen or did I make a mistake? I've owned for over a year (+6 months in dealer safe) and figured they would have it out by now. I still haven't shot it on my MP5.

Fingers crossed.
i'd have to assume it'll happen.

the ones i saw 2 years ago were sweet as hell.

maybe arc will jump in
Kick Ass Design
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

zpat wrote:Any update on the Ti-Rant 3-lug adapter? Is this ever going to happen or did I make a mistake? I've owned for over a year (+6 months in dealer safe) and figured they would have it out by now. I still haven't shot it on my MP5.

Fingers crossed.
We re-designed the 3-lug mount at the request of the ATF. They said the old design was a silencer part (so we could not sell spare ones)

The new design is waiting for ATF approval.

Once they say it is just an adapter (it is just that) we will take orders for these.

Sorry for the delay, I want one of these for my MP5 as well.
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
karb

Post by karb »

1_ar_newbie wrote:

Fingers crossed.
We re-designed the 3-lug mount at the request of the ATF. They said the old design was a silencer part (so we could not sell spare ones)

Once they say it is just an adapter (it is just that) we will take orders for these.

Was the problem because of an end cap replacement, or it being hollow, like a blast
Chamber? With confirmation of the tirant full auto capable, I'd like to lock mine up
On an Uzi. Am I really stuck with threading the barrel, and screwing it on?
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

karb wrote:
1_ar_newbie wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Was the problem because of an end cap replacement, or it being hollow, like a blast
Chamber? With confirmation of the tirant full auto capable, I'd like to lock mine up
I have a 3 lug barrel for my UZI. I run a 3-lugged Evo 9 on it now
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

1_ar_newbie wrote: Was the problem because of an end cap replacement, or it being hollow, like a blast
I have a 3 lug barrel for my UZI. I run a 3-lugged Evo 9 on it now
I will swap to the Ti-Rant once the 3-lug is approved
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!