AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

AAC Ti-Rant 9mm...

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Post about the Ti-Rant 9mm here...
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

To have one fully tested by an impartial party, you should send me a TiRant and a Glock19 and I'll send you my multimount and Beretta........ :lol:

I look forward to seeing/hearing a TiRant some day
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

Waiting for John's test results,Ti-Rant looks very promising!
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Already ordered mine.

Can't wait to see John's review as well. Including his wet results.

Also super happy to hear your working on a 3lug adapter.

Looks like a real winner.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Dark Tranquility
Elite Member

Post by Dark Tranquility »

Ordered mine about three weeks ago.

Would really love to see a good video of the thing in action.

Where did you hear about the three lug?

Dan
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

s--t, can't remember?

Maybe I was mistaken?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
DimeGroups
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DimeGroups »

that is what i am going to throw on my P30 once i get the barrel threaded
BRANDED FOR LIFE - AAC CUSTOMER FOR LIFE
singtoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by singtoe »

Will the TiiRant be able to taken apart by the user to clean. It looks like the end cap has holes for a take down tool?
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

singtoe wrote:Will the TiiRant be able to taken apart by the user to clean. It looks like the end cap has holes for a take down tool?
No, the Ti-RANT baffle stack is sealed. You can take apart the entire new ASAP System (The Clutch) for complete cleaning and service.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
singtoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by singtoe »

So why are there Holes for what looks like a spot for take down tools?
singtoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by singtoe »

Why we are on the subject, What pouch comes with the Ti-rant? Is it same one that comes with the Evo 45 or is it the cool one, we see in all the photo opps?

I have an Evo 45 and it came with the black nylon case. FBS and the tool to take the ASAP apart with. What exactly comes with the Ti-Rant?
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

singtoe wrote:So why are there Holes for what looks like a spot for take down tools?
Cool factor.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
singtoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by singtoe »

singtoe wrote:Why we are on the subject, What pouch comes with the Ti-rant? Is it same one that comes with the Evo 45 or is it the cool one, we see in all the photo opps?

I have an Evo 45 and it came with the black nylon case. FBS and the tool to take the ASAP apart with. What exactly comes with the Ti-Rant?
What about this?
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

singtoe wrote:
singtoe wrote:Why we are on the subject, What pouch comes with the Ti-rant? Is it same one that comes with the Evo 45 or is it the cool one, we see in all the photo opps?

What about this?
If I remember correctly the 2 I looked at came with a nice multi cam pouch
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Wasn't there a Skinny about this?
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
singtoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by singtoe »

I reviewed the VDO and the Skinney says that it fits the multi cam pouch and that the FBA also fits from the EVO9 but it doesn't actually say what it comes with.
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

singtoe wrote:So why are there Holes for what looks like a spot for take down tools?
Gemtech did the same thing with their Sandstorm.

I guess it is for style.........

I would prefer all suppressors disassembled.......
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

I got to handle one of these bad boys in Georgia today. It was ridiculously light. It took a lot for me not to just buy it, but I think I might just get the .45 first. :lol:
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

^
Yes, you still need to suppress that HKtactical. BTW I see your in GA, you goin to the shoot? 8)
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
texas_archer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by texas_archer »

Ordered mine from Mark at PS last week. I guess I will get to play with it in 4 months. :(

Going to call him next week and order a SPR/M4 and 762-SD next week (if I get a answer about the 762-SD and 556 10.5" barrel warranty question by then).
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I got to fire one of these at the silencer shoot. It was amazingly quiet.
Rob Garrett

Ti-Rant Photos

Post by Rob Garrett »

Kevin and the gang were nice enough to loan me #001 for a write-up in Combat Handguns. I used a Springfield Custom Shop XD for a host. The light is SureFire's new X400 Light/Laser. While I have had this a couple of weeks, I wanted to wait until after the shoot last weekend to post this.

I shot the Ti-Rant against an Evo Delta. When I used super-sonic hand loads the difference was nominal. However, when I used WW 147 Sub-Sonic JHP and Federal 147 grain Sub-Sonic Hydra Shok, the Ti-Rant won hands down. It seem to really like the slightly hotter stuff.

I shot it indoors into a stack of magazines and the sound was not much louder than a yardstick slapping a kitchen counter. I even shot some 124 gr. Gold Dot and it was very quiet when hitting the magazines at short distance. I know that is not real scientific but I hope it gets the point across.

Needless to say, I hope to have one in my vault soon!

Enjoy the photos - Thanks to Kevin and Mike :)

Last edited by Rob Garrett on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ti-Rant 001

Post by paco ramirez »

Rob Garrett wrote:Kevin and the gang were nice enough to loan me #001 for a write-up in Combat Handguns. I used a Springfield Custom Shop XD for a host. The light is SureFire's new X400 Light/Laser. While I have had this a couple of weeks, I wanted to wait until after the shoot last weekend to post this.

I shot the Ti-Rant against an Evo Delta. When I used sub-sonic hand loads the difference was nominal. However, when I used WW 147 Sub-Sonic JHP and Federal 147 grain Sub-Sonic Hydra Shok, the Ti-Rant won hands down. It seem to really like the slightly hotter stuff.

I shot it indoors into a stack of magazines and the sound was not much louder than a yardstick slapping a kitchen counter. I even shot some 124 gr. Gold Dot and it was very quiet when hitting the magazines at short distance. I know that is not real scientific but I hope it gets the point across.

Needless to say, I hope to have one in my vault soon!

Enjoy the photos - Thanks to Kevin and Mike :)
It was great meeting you at the shoot, but I wish we had a bit more time to talk. I recognize the XD that had the amazing trigger job :D
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

So I had wanted to resist drinking the AAC koolaid for as long as possible, but then I handled a Ti-Rant 9mm at the Dulles gun show yesterday. My GOD this thing is light, and it just oozes quality. Not to mention it looks REALLY freaking cool. I've got a 9mm can on the way and might have to take PSI up on that Evo deal too so a third 9mm can isn't in my future, but after having played with one in person I think my plan to put a YHM Cobra 2 on my .45 is going to be waylaid.
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Fallschirmjaager wrote:So I had wanted to resist drinking the AAC koolaid for as long as possible, but then I handled a Ti-Rant 9mm at the Dulles gun show yesterday. My GOD this thing is light, and it just oozes quality. Not to mention it looks REALLY freaking cool. I've got a 9mm can on the way and might have to take PSI up on that Evo deal too so a third 9mm can isn't in my future, but after having played with one in person I think my plan to put a YHM Cobra 2 on my .45 is going to be waylaid.

Agreed, the Ti-RANTs are awesome. And listen, you might think you don't like koolaid, but try a sip- you just might.
Kick Ass Design