Storing my M4-1000

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

bigboye

Storing my M4-1000

Post by bigboye »

Can I leave my can mounted on my rifle for extended time? I'm wondering if I leave the can on the rifle for a few months will it weaken the spring or cause any negative effects?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Springs wear out from cycles, not from holding one position or another.
The only thing I would see as a problem would be if you shoot it and then put it away. The heat and cooling could produce condensation and if there were carbon build up and you are using the older phantom flash hiders, things could get sticky. A quick off and on cycle would fix that and if you are out shooting and take the silencer off for the trip home, everything will cool down enough.

I keep mine on my rifle.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

take it off after you are done shooting once it cools ... then you cna go ahead and stick it back on there. Fro had his can stuck on his rifle until last years silencer shoot .... we blasted a few mags thru it and then were able to get it off.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
bigboye

Post by bigboye »

Thanks for the infomation.
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

chrismartin wrote:Springs wear out from cycles, not from holding one position or another.
The only thing I would see as a problem would be if you shoot it and then put it away. The heat and cooling could produce condensation and if there were carbon build up and you are using the older phantom flash hiders, things could get sticky. A quick off and on cycle would fix that and if you are out shooting and take the silencer off for the trip home, everything will cool down enough.

I keep mine on my rifle.

Very good info here
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!