SO tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

JasonAAC wrote:I do wish the feuds could be squashed- we are a big industry, but we're a small industry. Unfortunately, there is a lot of personal competition in addition to the corporate and technical competition. Add to that, most of the people involved are extremely passionate.

We make awesome s--t and we appreciate that people that support us.
HERE HERE ....

This is what doesnt make sense to me .... Does AAC make mounts? NO. Does LT make suppressors? NO. So where is the competition, there isnt.

But its ok for ML to say that I own "tater cans" and that if I owned his mounts it wouldnt matter if there was POI shift because it would be "tater can's" fault.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:Larue is a douche..............that is all.
:D
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

We are not some reality show that you can go stirring up for your own enjoyment. We do not need you starting this s--t up again especially for your own pleasure. Thanks for your help at the shoot and I hope you had a good time but I for one don't think any of this is a good idea. There is big dollars invested here by big companies and I don't think you or any other internet commando wants to get caught up in any of the crossfire. The fighting between AAC and Larue made the entire industry look bad ; I for one could never even understand it. I would suggest that you keep your comments to yourself and " let sleeping dogs lie".
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

3 wrote:We are not some reality show that you can go stirring up for your own enjoyment. We do not need you starting this s--t up again especially for your own pleasure. Thanks for your help at the shoot and I hope you had a good time but I for one don't think any of this is a good idea. There is big dollars invested here by big companies and I don't think you or any other internet commando wants to get caught up in any of the crossfire. The fighting between AAC and Larue made the entire industry look bad ; I for one could never even understand it. I would suggest that you keep your comments to yourself and " let sleeping dogs lie".
Talk about stepping back and looking at the big(ger) picture. Nice.

Trey- I'll see what I can do about lowering your NightHawk silencer quote to $2,500.
Kick Ass Design
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

3 wrote:We are not some reality show that you can go stirring up for your own enjoyment. We do not need you starting this s--t up again especially for your own pleasure. Thanks for your help at the shoot and I hope you had a good time but I for one don't think any of this is a good idea. There is big dollars invested here by big companies and I don't think you or any other internet commando wants to get caught up in any of the crossfire. The fighting between AAC and Larue made the entire industry look bad ; I for one could never even understand it. I would suggest that you keep your comments to yourself and " let sleeping dogs lie".
Thank you.

And Jason, thank you for your perspective as well.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

BadassWeakling wrote:And Outsyd, it doesn't look like you have much experience shooting at 1000 yards and beyond, so you aren't even exactly qualified to act as a review board for long range claims either.
I won't say that I have extensive experience, but I have some experience shooting at 1,000+ yards. But I've absorbed quite a bit from all the locals (ie people that can do sub-MOA groups at 1,000+) at my 1,000 yard range.

They were skeptical that I would get good groups out to 1,000 yards with my proposed AICS 18" scout build. And that was a bolt gun. I an only imagine subtracting two inches of barrel, slapping on another 200 yards, and making it a gas gun would do.

Now if anyone has any experience on this, it would be 3 since his company makes a competing product.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I found out today that I'm not posting on Arfcom ever again. I did a post where I said nothing negative:

paco_ramirez wrote:The AAC Silencer Shoot was awesome this year, just as it is every year. This year more than $70,000 was raised for the Wounded Warrior Project which means the total amount raised will probably triple compared to last year. Surefire made it out this year, along with quite a few others. I didn't know he was coming this year until he showed up at AAC's front door, but it was great to see John Titsworth and his girlfriend (wife?). I believe that there were thirty tables set up under one of the big tents. Crane Naval Special Warfare Group was there with the complete SCAR kit (including the EGLM), Remington had all of their military firearms, and the Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL was there selling their wares and Neil was fixing up everyone's guns. I got to meet a ton of people I wasn't able to meet last year. The Silencer Co Osprey is pretty nice, but it needs a lot of work on it's mounting system and needs to be quieter to compete with the Black Box (I know) and Ti-RANT 45. The Knights demo shoot during the Seminar was amazing, consisting of copious amounts of tannerite, flares, and tracers. The Shoot this year was quite the success, even despite the rain.
The part about the Osprey is true. Everyone knows it, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that they are doing their best to make the mount better and make the can quieter. Then I get this back:
forceinpa wrote: Hey paco aint you an AAC fanboy? They aint too well liked over here boy. go back to silencertalk er I mean AAC talk. The silencerco isnt even tested yet. Lets see johns numbers before you spout off about how good the tit-rant is
So WTF? I said NOTHING bad. I replied:
paco_ramirez wrote:
And watch it get deleted. Hey, Force, ain't you a LaRue fan boy? You must not have been at the shoot to here the two side by side, in which the Osprey was more than obviously louder. I'm not "spouting off" anything. Anyone would tell you the same.

I didn't say anything bad about anything, I'm only pointing out the obvious about the Osprey. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet the owner, but I'm sure they know what needs some work.

I know how good the Ti-RANTs are. Maybe you should get your armchair commando self another Mountain Dew to keep your sugar up. You're slipping, boy. You should stay here on ar15.com er I mean barfcom.
Obviously he pissed me off a little bit :? :roll:

I'm never posting there again. I post something positive, and I get this s--t. What's the point?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

JasonAAC wrote:
Talk about stepping back and looking at the big(ger) picture. Nice.

Trey- I'll see what I can do about lowering your NightHawk silencer quote to $2,500.
I see your $2,500, and lower you $250.
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

Paco, yeah, there are fan boys on either side, and sometimes they are rude and do nothing positive.

The problem is when fan boys get in fights with each other and generate animosity for their respective camps.

The most important internet rule definitely applies here: don't feed the trolls. You definitely fed the trolls, lol! You didn't need to talk about how much so and so's suppressor wasn't as awesome as the Ti-Rant... SilencerResearch does that for us, the consumer, and their impartiality makes them immune to trolls. Then trashing the entire forum, its owners didn't help either.

But i'm sure it felt good! :lol:

Edit: I read the Arfcom thing and it looks like forceinpa is mostly pissed off at you since you were planning on baiting Arfcom, thinking that your post would get deleted.

Well it didn't?

You went looking for trouble and you found it. Not looking for trouble will probably yield a different result. 8)
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

It's BS,
Can't we all just get along?

Paco- your first post was perfectly reasonable. That place is a dump. Too bad, because it has a lot of users/ manufacturers online and it could be a good place for info.

On another note, anyone that was at the shoot doesn't need a meter to know what the tirant and osprey sound like next to each other.

That said, it's really cool to see innovation.
Kick Ass Design
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

JasonAAC wrote:It's BS,

Paco- your first post was perfectly reasonable. That place is a dump. Too bad, because it has a lot of users/ manufacturers online and it could be a good place for info.

On another note, anyone that was at the shoot doesn't need a meter to know what the tirant and osprey sound like next to each other.

I was there and I have no idea what they sound like .... and I was there from 7am till 5pm LOL.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

BadassWeakling wrote: Edit: I read the Arfcom thing and it looks like forceinpa is mostly pissed off at you since you were planning on baiting Arfcom, thinking that your post would get deleted.

Well it didn't?

You went looking for trouble and you found it. Not looking for trouble will probably yield a different result. 8)
Well, I wasn't going there looking for trouble. My intentions were to see if a perfectly reasonable post would be deleted by a mod.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:It's BS,

I was there and I have no idea what they sound like .... and I was there from 7am till 5pm LOL.
True, I should have clarified- people who weren't working and watched the demo...
Kick Ass Design
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Like sand through the hourglass so are the days of our lives...

(I'm just here for the guns and mufflers)
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

BadassWeakling wrote:Paco,

True story!
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Lets end this - nothing good comes of ranting on a website.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I just quit going over there. No reason for me too, much more noise than signal....
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

KevinB wrote:Lets end this - nothing good comes of ranting on a website.
Words to live by! :)
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Oh why not..........

What's with the "agree to disagree" crappola?

The original OP apparently got all asschapped about some arcane issue, and goes by the vengence is best served cold rule, after you plan how. IMHO, not productive. Satisfying sometimes, but rarely productive.

He DID however apparently prode the one of the big guys by calling BS on something that I'm gonna say IS BS. He was then promptly told not to pay any attention to the man behind the curtain, by the rest of the big guys. If one says something questionable, someone ought to call them on it. Seems there are enough on this site that do so on everyday gov. operations.

Screw that "let sleeping dogs lay bull". If it's that important for everyone to play nice then the big players need to set an example.

Maybe even do a web site group hug.....? :roll:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

continuity wrote:Oh why not..........

The original OP apparently got all asschapped about some arcane issue, and goes by the vengence is best served cold rule, after you plan how. IMHO, not productive. Satisfying sometimes, but rarely productive.

He DID however apparently prode the one of the big guys by calling BS on something that I'm gonna say IS BS. He was then promptly told not to pay any attention to the man behind the curtain, by the rest of the big guys. If one says something questionable, someone ought to call them on it. Seems there are enough on this site that do so on everyday gov. operations.

Screw that "let sleeping dogs lay bull". If it's that important for everyone to play nice then the big players need to set an example.

I'm all for calling people on their BS, but maybe it's better if someone they don't know is an AAC fanboy does it [me included]. Kinda like arguing with anti-gunners...when people don't listen to reason you're better off just saying your piece and leaving because they'll never listen if you keep force feeding them the truth. Perhaps if enough low post count forum members on arfcom posted asking him to back up his claims it might do something :wink:

Right now it seems dragging AAC into the argument is just asking for trouble.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

st33ve0 wrote:...Perhaps if enough low post count forum members on arfcom posted asking him to back up his claims it might do something :wink:....
Oh.... :)

Good point(s)
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

as the world turns...

the drama...

:roll:
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

continuity wrote:Oh why not..........

and this kind of juvenile horseshit is why this kind of thing will never die.

Of course, when one markets "lifestyle" one has to expect this type of behavior.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

with the exception of the first post i dont see how any of the crap in this thread has anything to do with the over and done with AAC vs LARUE bout. it happened and they dont play together any more thats that. everyone can bitch until there blue in the face but that will never change anything so let it die. As for the 308 project larue has, it will either prove itself or it wont dont buy it if you dont like it.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

rob_s wrote:and this kind of juvenile horseshit is why this kind of thing will never die.
Rats. Considering the response source I would have though it rises to at least the level of mature horseshit. The mantle of "position of athority" rides easier on some shoulders than others.......apparently

Walmart is having a sale on chapstick.

Peace.