which mount?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

which mount?

Post by VanKamp »

Doing noveske SBR build with lwrc m6a2 10.5 upper. Do I want the 51 tooth Blackout or the 51 tooth muzzle brake? Which is best for this setup? Running suppressed 99.9%.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

My thoughts if you are going to run suppressed 99.9% of the time then get the break. If you are going to shoot a lot without the can then the blackout. The reasoning for me saying that is a SBR is going to be loud without the can on it already, no need to put the reak on it and make it even louder. Plus the blackout is just that, its lights out when shooting at night.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I would get the blackout flash hider instead of the muzzle brake.
5.56 doesn't really need a muzzle brake unless you play run-and-gun games (without the can), etc. In which case, you probably already know you would need/want want and wouldn't ask the question.
They also will turn that 10.5" REALY LOUD rifle into a RRREEEEAAAALLY LOUD rifle when not using the silencer.
They are more expensive than the flash hider model.
So, since you'll be running suppressed most of the time, you did not mention a real need for the MB and you are running 5.56, I'd go with the flash hider model.
The MB really shines running non-suppressed and in larger calibers or for specific tasks that would outweigh the additional loudness it may create. You did not mention any of those things.
BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Post by BookHound »

Hands down get the brake. While they are louder unsuppressed you indicate almost always using the suppressor. The muzzle brake will absorb a significant portion of the blast and help to prolong the life of the suppressor. That is the true benefit of the brake here; not to control muzzle climb.

Get the brake for sure.

Mark
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

BookHound wrote:Hands down get the brake. While they are louder unsuppressed you indicate almost always using the suppressor. The muzzle brake will absorb a significant portion of the blast and help to prolong the life of the suppressor. That is the true benefit of the brake here; not to control muzzle climb.

Get the brake for sure.

Mark
Mark for the WIN!

Yet another insightful post. :D
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Post by VanKamp »

Thanks for the input. Is there any difference in performance in sound or recoil between the mounts while suppressed?
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

VanKamp wrote:Thanks for the input. Is there any difference in performance in sound or recoil between the mounts while suppressed?
Nope, Same same...
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
slow97gt

Post by slow97gt »

Hurry up and build some 18T brakes for us M4 1k guys :D
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

slow97gt wrote:Hurry up and build some 18T brakes for us M4 1k guys :D
This .....
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
sneedb82
Silent Operator

Post by sneedb82 »

Please, do not bitch slap me for not seeing it immediately in front of me, but I have a question about the 51t Blackout for 6.8spc,

My barrel has the ubiquitous 5/8x24 thread and was curious.... the website shows that the 51t will work with either the M4K, but the 51T with MITER will work for the SPR/M4. My question is..... between the two, which would be better suited for hunting? I like the look of the blackout without the miter, but just curious...

Is there any significant advantage over having the SPR/m4 over the M4K?
shotdown
Silent Operator

Post by shotdown »

slow97gt wrote:Hurry up and build some 18T brakes for us M4 1k guys :D
One more. :D