RMJ Tactical Tomahawk Demo - Warning, Blood

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JasonAAC
Industry Professional

RMJ Tactical Tomahawk Demo - Warning, Blood

Post by JasonAAC »

Not sure how many people caught it, but at the end of the shoot the guys from RMJ Tactical put on a demo downrange by cutting through the van.

The tomahawk performed flawlessly, slicing through the sheet metal like butter. Unfortunately, bare knuckles and bullet-ridden steel don't mix and you can see the result below.

You can find more info about the tactical tomahawk models at http://www.rmjtactical.com/

Last edited by JasonAAC on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kick Ass Design
joshsc
Elite Member

Post by joshsc »

That's quite a lot of blood! :shock:
AngryFish
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by AngryFish »

Is that an RMJ tactical shrike?
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

If the tomahawk did that to the van, and the van did that to his finger, just imagine what the tomahawk could do to his finger!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Gloves.
AngryFish
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by AngryFish »

FYI. The link posted in the OP is the older site which does not list the new models. Link should be http://www.rmjtactical.com/
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

rsilvers wrote:Gloves.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

I would love for these guys to build me a Danish Axe for aboard ship overseas. Let the a-holes try to crawl over the rail with 5 feet of RMJ hammer forging splitting the noggin.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

AngryFish wrote:FYI. The link posted in the OP is the older site which does not list the new models. Link should be http://www.rmjtactical.com/
FIXED, thx
Kick Ass Design
Gato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gato »

If anyone wants to PM me the guys name and address I'll send him a case of Spectra Gloves.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

The guy who cut his hand is the son of the guy who does the grinding and a lot of the milling on the hawks. In the demo we used a Kestrel and a Shrike.

He's a tough character, but I see his dad with blood on him pretty frequently too, usually it's his own. I wish we had a crash axe or an Eagle Talon that we could have demoed because then we could have really done some damage to that van.
Gato wrote:If anyone wants to PM me the guys name and address I'll send him a case of Spectra Gloves.
Done. We are planning to require gloves for our demonstrators from now on and I appreciate it, Josh was a really good sport and asked Jason to get photos before he'd let us treat him.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Gato wrote:If anyone wants to PM me the guys name and address I'll send him a case of Spectra Gloves.
Damn aint that a hell of an offer right there.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

ROFuher wrote:I would love for these guys to build me a Danish Axe for aboard ship overseas. Let the a-holes try to crawl over the rail with 5 feet of RMJ hammer forging splitting the noggin.
Oh man that would be brutal...I know Ryan's wanting to design an axe specifically for firemen, but he's currently upgrading the Eagle Talon and Kestrel first. I imagine with a pole of some decent material you could attach an Eagle Talon with the hole pattern set up right...hmmm...I may have a new project to play around with :D

ETA: If we did that I think we'd have to put a spike on the top of the axe and a swelled hammer on the back to make it like a poleaxe...one of my favorite medieval weapons :twisted:
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

rsilvers wrote:Gloves.
We were good until we bent that piece of the van back. I did ding up my knuckles and the tops of my fingers some.

I think an Eagle Talon would've probably been the best candidate.

We stuck pretty much to the kestrel, everything was soaked, and it had the micarta grip. The Shrike was nice and I imagine in dry conditions you'd want the Rubber/Nylon grips, but it was slippery, and I don't think anybody wanted to throw it.

The micarta wasn't rough on the hands either like you might suspect. YMMV.

ETA: I'd also say, the blade had no damage, the edge was dulled, but, it was in great shape, it'd just need a few minutes of sharpening to get it back to Factory New Condition, IMHO.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

st33ve0 wrote:
ROFuher wrote:I would love for these guys to build me a Danish Axe for aboard ship overseas. Let the a-holes try to crawl over the rail with 5 feet of RMJ hammer forging splitting the noggin.
Oh man that would be brutal...I know Ryan's wanting to design an axe specifically for firemen, but he's currently upgrading the Eagle Talon and Kestrel first. I imagine with a pole of some decent material you could attach an Eagle Talon with the hole pattern set up right...hmmm...I may have a new project to play around with :D

ETA: If we did that I think we'd have to put a spike on the top of the axe and a swelled hammer on the back to make it like a poleaxe...one of my favorite medieval weapons :twisted:
Hmmm make any that look like a Viking Axe? And Thors hammer?
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
Gato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gato »

Gloves....

On the way....

They're washable by the way and we have smalls and mediums in addition to the larges.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

st33ve0 wrote:
Spike would be cool, but too obviously a weapon. A longer toe on the cutting edge would still be pretty wicked in lieu of the spike. I concur in building the poll (the butt that is, not the handle) to balance the blade, suitable for hammering.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I'll try to get some pics of the hawks we used so you can see how relatively unscathed they are :D
AngryFish
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by AngryFish »

st33ve0 wrote:I'll try to get some pics of the hawks we used so you can see how relatively unscathed they are :D
Awesome.
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

damn, looks painful - look at the jesus sandles also :wink:
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Cool :D
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Until I can get photos of the hawks used for the demo I'll post one of the Eagle Talon from the Modern Marvels spot. I've you've seen the video you know it went through some hell :wink:

AngryFish
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by AngryFish »

Here is a link to that Modern Marvels spot FYI. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIO-6zYo3g
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

A few quick pictures of what the new ones look like.....

I carry a RMJ Hawk with me in my cruiser while on patrol. It is a solid beast.

Last edited by Stickman on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner