AAC Blog Topics and suggestions?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JasonAAC
Industry Professional

AAC Blog Topics and suggestions?

Post by JasonAAC »

Hey guys/girls: We are working towards filling the blog with all new content on a regular basis, which brings me to my question-

What sort of things do YOU want to see on the blog?

Tech articles, more videos, desktops, contests, product photos, interviews, etc?

Let me know!
Kick Ass Design
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Blog Topics and suggestions?

Post by Stickman »

JasonAAC wrote:
What sort of things do YOU want to see on the blog?

Tech articles, more videos, desktops, contests, product photos, interviews, etc?

Product photos that relate to AAC, or companies that work with AAC would be my pick. . Of course, the ever famous "girls of AAC", would probably gather more viewers than all the weapon and component images put together.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Tech articles and videos!! I always wonder how much computer modeling and simulation goes into suppressor design vs. trial and error.
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

I like the random stories, mustache mondays, wtf wednesdays, etc...

I'd like to see some random photos of testing and production. I'd love to see more video. I could watch as many videos as you could post.

I'd like to see some "gun related" book reviews.

I'd love to see you guys review some aftermarket threaded barrels. One of the most important things in the suppressor world is using a good barrel, and you guys don't seem to make them anymore. It would be nice to see some reviews of the barrels that are out there: bar-sto, jarvis, storm lake, efk, lone wolf, kkm, drm precision, impulse gun barrels, tornado tech, adco, etc...

Some "lessons" on the differences in the different types of metal and processes used in the industry (general stuff, not specific).

Some classic jokes making fun of the ATF.

Jokes in general.

This has absolutely nothing to do with suppressors...but...if Cara posts random things about women's clothing, why can't we see some random posts about really good Tea or Beer?...especially beer.

Cool weapons we've never heard of, spy shiza stuff, etc.

Maybe some cool videos from overseas, and also some other silencer designs from overseas.

All that being said, I do like the blog so far. I read it a few times a week.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

Videos, videos, videos, desktops (large bore rifles), and videos. I would really like to see more equipment vids. It can't be that top-secret, can it?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
BadassWeakling
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BadassWeakling »

More tech stuff would be cool, and there will never been enough coverage on the fine ladies who work at AAC 8)

I remember the earlier posts on the blog had actual videos of silencers being fired, tested etc, those never get old either.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

It has been said that AAC has an extensive collection of silencers dating back several decades. I would love to see some examples of suppressor designers from the past. Don Walsh, Mickey Finn of Qaulitech, Ciener,and of course C. Reed Knight would be at the top of my list of cans I would love to see faetured in the AAC blog.
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

I want CFD renderings!
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

I would like to see more Cortland:
what does he eat for breakfast?
what kind of hair products does he use?
what color is his Iphone?
I could go on and on

No seriously; I would like to see 3D IMAX footage of Trey and Kevin visiting exotic lands and blowing stuff up(on AAC's dime of course).
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

How about an index of the "Skinny's"? We dont give a s--t about Mers but I think Rachel is in most of them .....
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

3 wrote:
No seriously; I would like to see 3D IMAX footage of Trey and Kevin visiting exotic lands and blowing stuff up(on AAC's dime of course).

I'm hoping to get in a decent amount of demo work on an upcoming trip... :D
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

How about a tour of the factory? I would love to see how my M4-2000 was born :D
ready_on_the_right
Silent But Deadly

Post by ready_on_the_right »

Photo essay of Rachel's tattoo's! Does one of them say Venenum?

More videos like the one of Robert shooting and M4-2000 core only on full auto.

More of the above posters ideas as well.

Mike
God, Family and Country
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

I think it would be cool to show the reasons why silencers should be accepted and how they benifit firearm users. I always tell people to check this site and the blog out. I often get people to change their ideas on the often poor thoughts towards silencers. I live in MI so getting people to see the real story could help change minds! Which I would love!

I also would like to see the sale portion of the site keep up with the new products. You guys sell clothing products for example as fast as you make them. I know it may not compare to regular sales, but my liberty tee has sparked many conversations that lead to education. So please go ahead and start adding more shirts and hoodies and such! It will be quality PR!
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

3 wrote:I would like to see more Cortland:
what does he eat for breakfast? Yuengling
what kind of hair products does he use? lots
what color is his Iphone? Cortland Whiteâ„¢
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Post by hairy78 »

3 wrote:I would like to see more Cortland:
what does he eat for breakfast?
what kind of hair products does he use?
what color is his Iphone?
I could go on and on

I have the insight on Cortland, but he is really a cool guy. One of the few I would share my house with. He is always welcome to stay with my wife and I again.
www.agcpd.com
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Yeah, Cortland is cool and fun to shoot with. I hope I can make it up next time he's in town Hairy. Our range trip was quite fun.
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Post by hairy78 »

st33ve0 wrote:Yeah, Cortland is cool and fun to shoot with. I hope I can make it up next time he's in town Hairy. Our range trip was quite fun.

Agreed, the range is always open, and the grill can be fired up at anytime. And then, after a long back porch session, the shitty sushi place will be open the next morning for lunch.
www.agcpd.com
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

hairy78 wrote:
st33ve0 wrote:Yeah, Cortland is cool and fun to shoot with. I hope I can make it up next time he's in town Hairy. Our range trip was quite fun.

Agreed, the range is always open, and the grill can be fired up at anytime. And then, after a long back porch session, the shitty sushi place will be open the next morning for lunch.
Good times, good times.

Back on topic: more skinny's showing how to service any and all of the cans and showing off the features. You started on that with the pistol cans, but I know you guys have more. Showing stuff from some of your friends in the industry would be cool too. I always like seeing new stuff.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Mers held down and having his haircut!

:lol:
NFAtalk.org
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Ronzo wrote:It has been said that AAC has an extensive collection of silencers dating back several decades. I would love to see some examples of suppressor designers from the past. Don Walsh, Mickey Finn of Qaulitech, Ciener,and of course C. Reed Knight would be at the top of my list of cans I would love to see faetured in the AAC blog.
That's interesting enough that I'd actually read the blog.
hairy78
Silent But Deadly

Post by hairy78 »

It would be interesting to see a comparison of new AAC products with some of Kevin's vintage collection.
www.agcpd.com
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

More stuff posted.

Tutorials on copying the AAC website, blog, products, t-shirts, and other general douche baggery.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Kevin/AAC wrote:Tutorials on copying the AAC website, blog, products, t-shirts, and other general douche baggery.
Good idea! I can even post templates for people to customize.
Kick Ass Design
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Ronzo wrote:It has been said that AAC has an extensive collection of silencers dating back several decades. I would love to see some examples of suppressor designers from the past. Don Walsh, Mickey Finn of Qaulitech, Ciener,and of course C. Reed Knight would be at the top of my list of cans I would love to see faetured in the AAC blog.
This is true, Kevin has an amazing collection of silencers going back to Maxim- a whole case of them, some with their original packaging and receipts. noted.
Kick Ass Design