AAC at NRA Convention

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

AAC at NRA Convention

Post by Wahoo95 »

Just wanted to say it was nice seeing you guys at the NRA Convention. Had a great time and it was nice to meet Noiseless at the booth. Looks like you guys were the only Silencer Shop there, so thanks for taking the time to make the trip.

Noiseless, be sure to let me know what you thought about Mac's Speedshop....hope you enjoyed the BBQ!!!
Go Hoos!!!!
kalikraven
Elite Member

Re: AAC at NRA Convention

Post by kalikraven »

Wow wish I could be there. This is great for making NFA items more mainstream. Hopefully the NRA will start supporting the class 3 crew. Ya I know wishfull thinking...
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

NRA finnaly decided to let you guys in?
NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

If AAC would do to the NRA what they did to Remington I'd not grumble so much when paying my dues.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Scalce

Post by Scalce »

It was cool to meet John and see all of the models laid out with host weapons.

Randall was also a good rep to explain the cans to people as he sells them at the shop where he works in SC.

Definately good exposure.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I did not know we were there. The company has become large enough now that I don't know what else is going on outside of R&D.
jeephipwr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeephipwr »

I went by the booth just to see some of the guys because I learned about them from the forum here. I spoke with the fellow that had the beard and bald head. I wish I knew his name but we had a good talk about the 7.62sd and my first buy, an swr trident, which he said he also owned. It was great to see some of the folks face to face. I also saw Todd Jarrett, Jim Scouten, Michael Bane, Lee Ermy and the gal from the EAA comercials. I had a blast walking around all the exhibits. Talked with a guy at Zero Tolerance knives about some of his knives showing up on NCIS. Talked with Lynn Thompson at Cold Steel about me buying one of his orginal Recon Tantos that came out in the 90s and using one of his SRK models. Some many others I spoke with with. Next time, I plan on being there a lot longer.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

jeephipwr wrote:I went by the booth just to see some of the guys because I learned about them from the forum here. I spoke with the fellow that had the beard and bald head. I wish I knew his name but we had a good talk about the 7.62sd and my first buy, an swr trident, which he said he also owned.
That sounds like John, he's good people :D

ZA206
Silent Operator

Post by ZA206 »

It was nice to meet both you guys at the AAC booth! I was showing my Dad the prodigy can for the Tac-Sol Pac-Lite upper that he's
going to get. (Convienently, Tac-Sol was only a couple booths away from AAC)!.

I did wrangle a sneek peek at the upcoming 51 tooth mounted 7.62SD. I was foaming at the mouth.... MUST HAVE!!!!
It was under the table in a secret hiding place.... I think if they thought you knew what you were talking about, and
maybe owned an AAC can, they'd show it to you if you asked. I got lucky and "51 tooth 7.62SD" popped into my head while
talking to them.

You guys ROCK!!!!!

-ZA
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

Yea I stopped buy thought you guys would have a more massive booth but It is good to see silencers at the NRA convention and plenty of tactical stuff as well.. but i still saw some people missing I have never Been to shot show how dose that compare in size to SHOT?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2935.png[/img][/url]
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Great seeing everyone.

Wahoo95, great meeting you and your buddy. The food was AWESOME. My buddies daughter cleaned the entire plate and I told her if she starts licking the plate I was going to get up and leave.

I was the guy with the grey "Van Dyke" and the "Shaved" head ;)

Everyone, including the NRA folks (just so everyone knows) were very supportive. We count among our customers a bunch of NRA Employees and at least one very high up member of the NRA could be found spending a very large amount of time at the booth doing research.

In fact, at one point the booth area was over flowing with NRA Employees and someone asked "Who's going to own these?"

I smiled and called out "Raise your hand if you own a Silencer" and hands went up all over the place. "Raise your hand if you own TWO". About the same amount of hands go up. "Three", several hands go up. He got the idea
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

Well it was good to see the NRA coming around to the NFA.. that was one of the few problems i have with them lol but I think suppressors are becoming more "main stream" in general.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2935.png[/img][/url]
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

ZA206 wrote:I did wrangle a sneek peek at the upcoming 51 tooth mounted 7.62SD.
Finally a reason to buy a 762-SD! Glad AAC finally saw the light.
NFAtalk.org
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

I know in the past the NRA has not allowed any NFA items to be displayed in booths at the annual meeting. Glad that changed. AAC has really pioneered the mainstreaming of suppressors from the manufacturer's perspective.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Armorer-at-Law wrote:I know in the past the NRA has not allowed any NFA items to be displayed in booths at the annual meeting. Glad that changed. AAC has really pioneered the mainstreaming of suppressors from the manufacturer's perspective.
Trying.

It's an uphill battle.
Kick Ass Design
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

Well not to take anything way from AAC but there are some other company's that originally where not suppressor company's that have started making suppressors that had them there as well like Tactical Solution's and Surefire... that dose not hurt
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Blaster7Romeo wrote:Well not to take anything way from AAC but there are some other company's that originally where not suppressor company's that have started making suppressors that had them there as well like Tactical Solution's and Surefire... that dose not hurt
Expanding the TINY fraction of gun owners that know suppressors are legal and beneficial will help everyone.
Kick Ass Design
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

yep! I go out of my way to tell everyone I have 3 suppressors.. I kind of like to get some shock out of them and then explain to them they are not illegal people have just be perpetuating that myth for years.. if all suppressor owners did that too it would help out everyone. from makers to buyers.

But no one has answered one of my questions how did that show compare to SHOT show? I have never been to SHOT and my get a chance next year.. I just want to know how that one compares in size.. ?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Blaster7Romeo wrote:yep! I go out of my way to tell everyone I have 3 suppressors.. I kind of like to get some shock out of them and then explain to them they are not illegal people have just be perpetuating that myth for years.. if all suppressor owners did that too it would help out everyone. from makers to buyers.

But no one has answered one of my questions how did that show compare to SHOT show? I have never been to SHOT and my get a chance next year.. I just want to know how that one compares in size.. ?
FWIW, SHOT is the granddaddy. 20,000 "booths"... go if you can!
Kick Ass Design
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Blaster7Romeo wrote:yep! I go out of my way to tell everyone I have 3 suppressors.. I kind of like to get some shock out of them and then explain to them they are not illegal people have just be perpetuating that myth for years.. if all suppressor owners did that too it would help out everyone. from makers to buyers.

The NRA show is like a mini SHOT Show. As Jason said, SHOT is HUGE. 20+ miles of walking I am told, if you go up and down each isle.

But the foot traffic at the NRA Show is heavy. They were projecting at least 70,000+ attendees this year, don't know yet what the final number was

770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
Dingle1911
Silent Operator

Post by Dingle1911 »

I enjoyed stopping by the AAC booth at the NRA Convention. John walked halfway across the show floor to mount a Ti-Rant .45 to an FNP 45 Tactical so I could see how it looked and felt. Now that is great customer service. So when I got back on Monday, I ordered a Ti-Rant. Thanks John.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

;) Any time

770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Pictures of the booth?
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

I love to read post that show how many "gun nuts" are out there! I wish I could have been there, but I do plan on making the next years shot show with a fellow branded for life friend of mine.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Kevin/AAC wrote:Pictures of the booth?
First day, before the doors open, pre-ACR

770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]