51 tooth 762-SD in Production !!!!!!!!!!

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Re: 51 tooth 762-SD in Production !!!!!!!!!!

Post by firefighter509 »

Bryan,

It is to some extent the "latest and greatest factor" which is the problem we are having. I want to be able to stay ahead of the curve upgrade with time and have the latest and greatest for as long a possible, but in this situation I bought something that was outdated when I bought it and would have to be upgraded NOW to stay on top of that curve,,,,to quote ATCdockor

"The point folks are trying to make is that someone bought/will buy a 762SD 18T yesterday/today thinking that its the most current and up to date model and it's not"

At least thats the point I was trying to make, I bought a can that was out dated (it may work the same...18t VS. 51t) before I sent in my form 4 and in doing so created a lot of problems (mounting applications) that I was trying to avoid and could have avoided if the correct information could have been released in a proper fashion. Again it is not like I did not ask multiple times to different people who could accurately provide this information and i don't have a written record of it(see linked posts). I do understand that decisions could and can be make on a whim under various circumstances some of which you have stated but that does not make it any more right.

However, the similarity in everyones story is that AAC did not want to leave a bunch of "devalued" 18t 762-SD on the shelves of distributer and in doing so made a decision to clear the old stock before releasing any information (which was never really released IE read how I found out). Which in-turn left the "devalued cans" (bag of s--t) in the hands of the customers IE myself. Like is said before I went with AAC because this is something i did not think they would do; but it happened what ever the circumstances IT STILL HAPPENED.

To refer back top what I said earlier I asked and got definitive answers saying this would not be happening. Now if the answers would have been (i do not have info on this, or we can not release any information about up coming products" I would have been still waiting or went with another can. But I made my decision based on the information I was provided and which turned out to be incorrect.

J
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
33shooter
Silent Operator

Post by 33shooter »

firefighter509 wrote:Bryan,

It is to some extent the "latest and greatest factor" which is the problem we are having. I want to be able to stay ahead of the curve upgrade with time and have the latest and greatest for as long a possible, but in this situation I bought something that was outdated when I bought it and would have to be upgraded NOW to stay on top of that curve,,,,to quote ATCdockor

"The point folks are trying to make is that someone bought/will buy a 762SD 18T yesterday/today thinking that its the most current and up to date model and it's not"

At least thats the point I was trying to make, I bought a can that was out dated (it may work the same...18t VS. 51t) before I sent in my form 4 and in doing so created a lot of problems (mounting applications) that I was trying to avoid and could have avoided if the correct information could have been released in a proper fashion. Again it is not like I did not ask multiple times to different people who could accurately provide this information and i don't have a written record of it(see linked posts). I do understand that decisions could and can be make on a whim under various circumstances some of which you have stated but that does not make it any more right.

However, the similarity in everyones story is that AAC did not want to leave a bunch of "devalued" 18t 762-SD on the shelves of distributer and in doing so made a decision to clear the old stock before releasing any information (which was never really released IE read how I found out). Which in-turn left the "devalued cans" (bag of s--t) in the hands of the customers IE myself. Like is said before I went with AAC because this is something i did not think they would do; but it happened what ever the circumstances IT STILL HAPPENED.

To refer back top what I said earlier I asked and got definitive answers saying this would not be happening. Now if the answers would have been (i do not have info on this, or we can not release any information about up coming products" I would have been still waiting or went with another can. But I made my decision based on the information I was provided and which turned out to be incorrect.

J
You and I are in the same boat, and I believed until a few minutes ago that this is what happened. I encourage you to give Mike M. a shout and get it from the horses mouth, this wasn't intentional, and those who told us that it wouldn't be changing (rsilvers and JasonAAC) did not know it was changing. Heck, Mike didn't know it was changing until a can was at a dealer.

On the good side, the 18T will continue to get mounts like the 51T once production of those parts catches up. Down side is, we don't have the latest and greatest.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

kalikraven wrote:Good thing those video game release dates never get pushed back. :wink:
Sometimes they never get released.....Duke Nukem Forever........but it's better to have a date and be late than drop the bomb on somebody that bought what they thought was the newest versions.

But if you want to buy the latest Ford mustang instead of the 5.0 hype model next year......you should be told.
NFAtalk.org
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Thanks for the info, Mike. Good to hear there will be something I can use on a Noveske 300 Whisper barrel. If I can get one of those.

I hope my FAL is threaded under the permanently attacked muzzlebrake. If it is, it's '9/16x24 Left Hand Thread'. Left hand thread, why do you exist?
1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

goteron wrote:Mike, can you let us know if there any additional changes to the new 762s?
Same silencer in 51 tooth
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
goteron wrote:Mike, can you let us know if there any additional changes to the new 762s?
Man I just took it out to the 500 yard range today and shot it for the first time. I cant be mad anymore. It's just too awesome. As long as you promise continued service and mount support I'll quit bitching.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

You and I are in the same boat, and I believed until a few minutes ago that this is what happened. I encourage you to give Mike M. a shout and get it from the horses mouth, this wasn't intentional, and those who told us that it wouldn't be changing (rsilvers and JasonAAC) did not know it was changing. Heck, Mike didn't know it was changing until a can was at a dealer.

On the good side, the 18T will continue to get mounts like the 51T once production of those parts catches up. Down side is, we don't have the latest and greatest.[/quote]

I know I talked to Mike about this, and thats why I wont blame him or anyone here, about it is just the circumstances that surround this particular issue and the time frame that rube me wrong. I do agree this is a sweet can and I cannot complain about its quality or function. I am currently looking at a SPR-M4 in 6.8 or M4-2000 in 6.8 (multi-use is SWEET). I just hope next time AAC comes out with a better time line to prevent this in the future because if this happens to me again on my next buy..... OH BOY :twisted:

That said ill be enjoying my can dedicated to my 762 rifles

James
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

m1garand30064 wrote:
1_ar_newbie wrote:
Man I just took it out to the 500 yard range today and shot it for the first time. I cant be mad anymore. It's just too awesome. As long as you promise continued service and mount support I'll quit bitching.
I promise. I will always make 18t mounts.

www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

I promise. I will always make 18t mounts.

Image[/quote]

Thank you Gary!

Surprise CockFAG
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
cajun 22
Silent But Deadly

Post by cajun 22 »

thorn wrote:So, are they going to make the 18T Brakeout? That was also part of what lead into this... As a 18T owner I'd like to plan and set back a couple mounts for when the next unexpected change happens.

The 18T Brakeout is available now in 5/8X24. I have one. It only took 6 weeks on an instock item. Just kidding Mike. UPS had a big hand in this. :evil:

Sorry. It's the blackout break.
Last edited by cajun 22 on Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

um...about the $300 raping everyone took on their suppressors when the TiRant and the Osprey came out, didn't AAC say that it was b/c they got a better price on core materials (Titanium) from filling out the large government order and now passing it on to civilians? I know i noticed one day, the site was updated w/ cheaper prices for the TiRant and the Evo. and i could have sworn i read about the adjusted price on here.

maybe AAC should give a "rebate" or coupon for people that bought the 18T 762SD within 2-3 months of release?

oh, and Mike's been cool w/ me sending emails about status updates for my 2 suppressors (Evo-9, TiRant 45).
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

kaotic504 wrote:um...about the $300 raping everyone took on their suppressors when the TiRant and the Osprey came out, didn't AAC say that it was b/c they got a better price on core materials (Titanium) from filling out the large government order and now passing it on to civilians? I know i noticed one day, the site was updated w/ cheaper prices for the TiRant and the Evo. and i could have sworn i read about the adjusted price on here.

maybe AAC should give a "rebate" or coupon for people that bought the 18T 762SD within 2-3 months of release?

oh, and Mike's been cool w/ me sending emails about status updates for my 2 suppressors (Evo-9, TiRant 45).
I like this, does not have to happen but I really like this. Sure would make things easier.

J
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
krecon1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by krecon1 »

I had recently ordered (4) AAC suppressors: (2) M42000s and (2) 762SDs. I was debating to wait out for the 51t, but all word appeared they were a no-go at the time, but doesn't seem to be the case now. Am I pissed, sure, but what to do now? Do I sell the 18t 762SDs at a loss just to purchase and get the 51t models? Maybe I'll keep the 18t cans for the bolt guns and buy another two of the improved 51t to use on the semi-autos.

I'm sure the 18t will work just fine, but everyone always wants to have the latest and greatest version....
tejohnson

Post by tejohnson »

Back in March I spent $160 for a 18t break and had a FNAR threaded and clocked specifically for the break which cost another $100:

I also spent $109 for the 18t flash hider for my AR. Then I purchased the 7.62 and it was placed on order through Major.

If I get the 51t, it is not a big deal for the AR, because there is no impact on the threading (1/2-28 51t = simple, but it will cost me $109 shipped). But my FNAR, there are a few issues:

-There appears to be no 51t 5/8-24 breaks currently available on the AAC web site. Although they are referenced as being in production earlier in this thread. If available, I would assume it would cost me another $160.

-I am assuming the threading of the breaks are not all clocked the same. I.e., the threading does not begin in precisely the same location as my 18t break. This is a PITA, since I would need to shim the break to get it clocked right.

For these reasons, I am kinda hoping I get an 18T.
Regards,

Todd E. Johnson
thorn

Post by thorn »

kaotic504 wrote:um...about the $300 raping everyone took on their suppressors when the TiRant and the Osprey came out, didn't AAC say that it was b/c they got a better price on core materials (Titanium) from filling out the large government order and now passing it on to civilians? I know i noticed one day, the site was updated w/ cheaper prices for the TiRant and the Evo. and i could have sworn i read about the adjusted price on here.

Well, I guess I'd like it if they made it 12 months back but no matter what they do or do not do there will be someone pissed that is just behind what ever cutoff they would use.
I would just appreciate the clarity and availability. I've actually considered selling off some of my other brands to replace them with more AAC but with things like this, why bother?
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

tejohnson wrote:Back in March I spent $160 for a 18t break and had a FNAR threaded and clocked specifically for the break which cost another $100:

I also spent $109 for the 18t flash hider for my AR. Then I purchased the 7.62 and it was placed on order through Major.

If I get the 51t, it is not a big deal for the AR, because there is no impact on the threading (1/2-28 51t = simple, but it will cost me $109 shipped). But my FNAR, there are a few issues:

-There appears to be no 51t 5/8-24 breaks currently available on the AAC web site. Although they are referenced as being in production earlier in this thread. If available, I would assume it would cost me another $160.

-I am assuming the threading of the breaks are not all clocked the same. I.e., the threading does not begin in precisely the same location as my 18t break. This is a PITA, since I would need to shim the break to get it clocked right.

For these reasons, I am kinda hoping I get an 18T.
You're getting an 18t Todd. :)
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
tejohnson

Post by tejohnson »

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote: You're getting an 18t Todd. :)
Problem solved. You rock Bryon!
Regards,

Todd E. Johnson
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

firefighter509, can your 18t be converted to a 51t mount?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

TypeR632 wrote:firefighter509, can your 18t be converted to a 51t mount?
This is a question for mike and the guys in R&D; form what I have been told the answer is "no" however that could have been because there has yet to be any look into this as a serious option. Plus it could cost you your can if something went wrong

J
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
Scalce

Post by Scalce »

Just think of what a PITA it would be to hold down the 51T ratchet while the can is hot and be glad we have the 18T model. :D

Now lets see some damn 18T 556 brakes.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

1_ar_newbie wrote:I hate that people got caught in the middle but, we can't win this
"The only winning move is NOT to play."

Problem AAC has, is they talk to much about products that are not for sale yet. BlackBox, TiRant45, Enigma, Rifle version of Prodigy, I could go on and on. As you grow into a bigger company, you need to only talk about what you are selling, and instead of a deny approach, go to a no comment approach.

Look at Apple. They do not talk about the 4G iPhone even though at least 2 samples have been made public, and Wal-Mart is selling ther 3GS for $79. We ALL know a 4G is going to be released at WWDC, but they do not talk about it no matter how obvious it is.

ETA:

And yes, I understand the pain. As a dealer I bought SPR/M4s and before they were even delivered, 08 models were announced.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

There we many happy customers who were planning on getting an Evo 45 (or other .45 can) that decided to go with the Ti-Rant 45 instead, because they knew it was coming..
And a lot who did not know it was coming and bought the Evo-45.

I clearly remember AAC denying its existence, even as I held one on my hand last summer.

Growing pains.
rockriversbr

Post by rockriversbr »

I got a suggestion, maybe Obama can find some extra entitlement money sitting around and call it "Cash for Cans." Then all the guys with the 18t cans will be able to trade their old cans in for the new and improved 51t can. Forget it I don't think we are the ones he wants to help out.....
Scalce

Post by Scalce »

I say everyone who bought an 18T 762SD in the past year should get a free 18T 556 brake.

:D

Or 18T brake of their choosing.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

Scalce wrote:I say everyone who bought an 18T 762SD in the past year should get a free 18T 556 brake.

:D

Or 18T brake of their choosing.
Now that would make me really happy!
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD