Thought you would want to know...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Thought you would want to know...

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

And the 2011 Silencer Shoot will also have a charitable cause - AAC has a history of "giving back" to the community.
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

I was under the impression that being charitable was part of being well rounded. Even if AAC is doing it for publicity they are still helping hurt men and women who sacrificed more than most of us.
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

So has anybody actually shot the Griffin Suppressors?? In the video they seem pretty quiet and they are fairly cheap cost wise. I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal of the "Front Towards Arabs" thing. I see nobody getting mad abou spike's "Taliban Whacker" or "Surprise Cockfag" ejection port covers... Pretty much in the same ranks as what he said. Anyways I'm thinking about picking up their M4SD silencer, anybody have experience?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Taliban is not a race, it is a terrorist organization. People can choose to be Taliban or not. They cannot choose if they are an Arab or not.
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

DMViergever wrote:So has anybody actually shot the Griffin Suppressors?? In the video they seem pretty quiet and they are fairly cheap cost wise. I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal of the "Front Towards Arabs" thing. I see nobody getting mad abou spike's "Taliban Whacker" or "Surprise Cockfag" ejection port covers... Pretty much in the same ranks as what he said. Anyways I'm thinking about picking up their M4SD silencer, anybody have experience?
I know of people who have a checkmate, but never heard of someone who actually had one of their M4SD's.
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

Did my post and also Kevin AAC's post get deleted?? What in the world?
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

DMViergever wrote:Did my post and also Kevin AAC's post get deleted?? What in the world?
I still see your post above roberts. Unless there was something you posted after my reply.
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

No there was one saying that Taliban didn't start out, and not all today, are terrorists. Then I said that was neither here nor there and asked if anyone had used a griffin. Then Kevin/AAC said he had and there were better choices. Then I asked what they were and what the advantages of them were over the griffin. I'm new to suppressors but am pretty familiars with AR's and the likes and had decided on griffin but haven't ordered yet so before I do I'm looking for something bad about these besides you guys don't like the owner.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Not liking the owner, and an owner that is pretty clearly unstable, is a big deal to many of us. YMMV.

I'm by no means some AAC ball-licker, and have been critical of them many times over the years, but I have no doubt that they will be here a year from now and that if I have problems with a can from them that they will take care of me.

Some whackjob that can't even take his 'hagen out of his lip for a promotional video? not so much. It sounds to me like you've decided you like his cans based entirely on price, and are trying to reverse-logic your way into the decision. I strongly encourage you to buy one of his cans and let us know how it works out for you.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

DMViergever wrote:No there was one saying that Taliban didn't start out, and not all today, are terrorists. Then I said that was neither here nor there and asked if anyone had used a griffin. Then Kevin/AAC said he had and there were better choices. Then I asked what they were and what the advantages of them were over the griffin. I'm new to suppressors but am pretty familiars with AR's and the likes and had decided on griffin but haven't ordered yet so before I do I'm looking for something bad about these besides you guys don't like the owner.
The issue is that when you order a Spike's cover, you can choose for to say something. When people ordered the griffin cans, they showed up saying that. Not cool.

The issue as to the cans themselves, I just can't imagine why you would spend your money on an unproven can... thanks to the hassle and cost in getting one. Especially one that has no user reports. Go with KAC, SF, AAC, SWR, Etc, so many proven good choices.
Kick Ass Design
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

Rob, thanks for making no point and not having any bearing whatsoever on this conversation. What I like about the can was it's length of 6 inches, it's QD connection that works with any A2 size FH combined with the price and CS I've received from him. Nice assumption though. You are completely correct about his chewing tobacco, it's very unamerican to chew, I wish he had a yellow visor, I would take him way more seriously then.

Jason, thank you for your reply (honestly), I can tell that you guys clearly take pride in your CS as you are the second AAC rep/employee I've had respond to my questions. I also appreciate the fact that you didn't say AAC or nothing, pretty cool. You make a very valid point about them choosing that and his can from 2007 having no option. My point was everyone is ball busting over racist and homophobic comments when there were other companies that were doing it and it's "cool". I am gonna take a peak at the ones you've listed and yours as well.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

DMViergever wrote:Rob, thanks for making no point and not having any bearing whatsoever on this conversation. What I like about the can was it's length of 6 inches, it's QD connection that works with any A2 size FH combined with the price and CS I've received from him. Nice assumption though. You are completely correct about his chewing tobacco, it's very unamerican to chew, I wish he had a yellow visor, I would take him way more seriously then.
Thank you for proving my point, and confirming my assumptions. ;)
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

And we have yet another post from you with no bearing on the topic. I gave you a list of things I liked about it and you didn't remark to any of them or list any comparable cans or companies. Hard to get in a pi$$in match with you when you keep dribbling on your boys. You know anything about these suppressors besides people don't like the owner?
silkysilence
Silent But Deadly

Post by silkysilence »

I find it funny that GreenO went on to explain his actions on Snipers Hide... all were completely lies.
He said we would rally the AAC guys and come up to his home? Why would we want to go hang out with his trash obsessed mom?!

I believe we told him, after he threatened all of us, that we could always pool some money together, and come see about his product. That he needed to back up the s--t he talked about his cans.
He went into the fact that he was deployed and so on and so forth, but I wont question his service, I will question his lack of integrity.

He needs to get hit s--t straight and stop running his suck hole about good people at a great company.
You're only as fast as the people who are in front of you. Be a leader, not a follower!

God Bless our troops!
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

Most of the conversation about G/A products usually centers around the newest controversy involving the owners. They are banned here.
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
DMViergever

Post by DMViergever »

I'm gonna get one of their cans regardless now, I'll let you know how it sounds. Probably won't mean much though, no other cans. Plus my post count is only like 7 so it will probably get shrugged off.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

GlocksInMySocks wrote:
TOOL1075 wrote:these are the bigoted, ignorant, engineer/scientist/manufacturer/secret squirrel wannabees who engraved "Front Toward Arabs" on their silencer end-caps.
You mean these gems?

I also know I need to take a break from studying when I look at the opening on the end cap and only see the molecular structure of cyclohexane.

Either way, I say somebody sends him a shirt.
I'll see yours and raise you mine [picture is of Titsworth's can]:

I take criticism of AAC from any of the Griffin Armament folks with the same grain of salt that I take criticism of our military forces by liberals...utterly useless.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Is that M4SD can the one he hadn't built, had only a solidworks drawing, but claimed better dB reduction than an M42k?
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

DMViergever wrote:I'm gonna get one of their cans regardless now, I'll let you know how it sounds. Probably won't mean much though, no other cans. Plus my post count is only like 7 so it will probably get shrugged off.
If Titsworth has the can then he must have done a review. Join his site: http://silencerresearch.com/ ($30 I think) and read up on it.

Seriously, if you do get one, please post your own detailed and descriptive 'after action report' as I really haven't heard much about the can itself. The owners tend to overshadow their products.

Any review is subjective of course, so your attempts to be objective and impartial will be appreciated. People tend to hype what they've got 'cause they've made an investment. Sometimes they don't want to admit it's not a good one. If you don't have much experience, just say so. No harm.

Take pics & video. Give us as many details and as much info as possible. See if you can find someone else with a similar can you can benchmark against. It won't help to say, "It's quiet as a mouse fart." Instead, you can say, "Next to a XXX, it was louder/quieter or whatever."

Rob_s does a great job of reviewing stuff. But he's semi-pro and yours doesn't have to look this good but you'll get the idea. Here's an example of a review he did on some nylon gear. https://docs.google.com/View?id=drnhb8z_235dq6w3df6
https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Well, i'm sure this will piss him off further: http://www.aacblog.com/?p=8891
Apologies to him that it doesn't include a former soldier forced to wear pink...

If we can't have fun, what's the point?
Kick Ass Design
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

I've suspected for some time now that Mers was a zombie mime. Argyle sweater vest is a sure givaway.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Armorer-at-Law wrote:I've suspected for some time now that Mers was a zombie mime. Argyle sweater vest is a sure givaway.
A "dead" giveaway...if you will :lol:
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

:lol: He just posted this little gem on his youtube vid featuring the beer drinking and shooting.
People forget in our previous wars up to Vietnam, our soldiers were issued beer. Beer and guns doesn't mean something horrible is going to happen. There's a good track record to contradict that. In fact we were more successful and productive in fighting wars that involved beer than in todays never-ending stagnated conflicts, so politically correct ideology hasn't helped us accomplish much as a country, but it has divested hundreds of thousands of soldiers of their beer and morale.

manoftin2 1 day ago
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

Mark left an excellent response to GreenNo over at Arf.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Jmark wrote:Mark left an excellent response to GreenNo over at Arf.
yes, that was a great response... even more so since he is not actively engaged in the industry any more.
Kick Ass Design