Integral 10/22

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Re: Integral 10/22

Post by JasonAAC »

MSRP's are comparable to the current YHM unit, and this is MUCH nicer. For some people it is worth it.
http://yhm.net/store/1022_Int.html
Kick Ass Design
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

rogerdemin wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:MSRP's are comparable to the current YHM unit, and this is MUCH nicer. For some people it is worth it.
Nicer how? It can not get quieter as it makes no noise.
sssscadouche ...

answer please
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

The greatest advantages of the intergral is its ability to blead off gas along the whole length of the barrel (via a series of ports the length of the barrel) and therefore run quieter with a greater range of ammunition. When I asked if the Major Malf if, in the YHM, there was any bleeding off of gas before the baffel stack he said no. If that is the case then the YHM may run quiet but only for slower running .22lr rounds. This makes for a cleaner look than a screw on silencer, but not much difference in performance. Looking at the AAC with its porting along the barrels length and if could very well run quieter with cheaper, faster running .22LR.
My concern with intergrals has always been the fact that, like sealed .22lr silencers, is lead build up. So I was excited to see "user servicable" intergrals come out like Thompson Mech. and the YHM, but still other than clean looks wondered if its preformance would ever be better than a muzzle screw on unit. The AAC option "looks like" I will be able to have my cake and eat it too. YMMV.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

rogerdemin wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:MSRP's are comparable to the current YHM unit, and this is MUCH nicer. For some people it is worth it.
Nicer how? It can not get quieter as it makes no noise.
In the materials used (All stainless) and in the way the barrel is ported to allow subsonic use with all standard ammo, and also in the way it comes apart, allowing you easy access to clean the baffles, the tube the ports and the barrel's crown.

ETA- it runs perfectly with factory standard velocity, high velocity and even subsonic if you have that. But again, all is kept subsonic.
Kick Ass Design
huntinherrington

Post by huntinherrington »

Ok, I have ALOT of CCI Subsonic and thats all i shoot through my rifles. My guess is that the porting would slow the subs down to a point where it would be less effective than a pellet gun? What is the FPS at muzzle on CCI subs??
STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

That looks really nice!
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

rogerdemin wrote:The YHM one is steel and very easy to take apart and clean as well. I do see where the ability to bring supersonic rounds under supersonic velocities though.

Ok so the holes in the back bleed off more of the gasses? This does not have a detrimental effect when using subsonic rounds IE slow them down to much? What I am getting at is if this design will make supersonic rounds slow down enough to make them subsonic then would it not slow down subsonic rounds so much that there velocity would become to slow to be useful?
Then the question is why use (typically more expensive) subsonic ammo? Shooting subsonic ammo (to me) defeats the main purpose of an integral: bulk pack ammo without supersonic crack.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

jt526 wrote:Then the question is why use (typically more expensive) subsonic ammo? Shooting subsonic ammo (to me) defeats the main purpose of an integral: bulk pack ammo without supersonic crack.
Or the higher cost of the sub-sonic :D
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Good looking rifle there. I really like the look of the integrals.
huntinherrington

LonghunterCO wrote:
jt526 wrote:Then the question is why use (typically more expensive) subsonic ammo? Shooting subsonic ammo (to me) defeats the main purpose of an integral: bulk pack ammo without supersonic crack.
Because i have a little less than 10,000 rounds of CCI subs. It's what i use in all my .22 rifles. i like the lead HP. Most bulk packs are jacketed. Plus i like having just one ammo for all my .22s. just grab a few baxes and start shooting without looking to see if its the right one. I have really good accuracy with CCI subs and also notice it burns alot cleaner leaving less residue in the barrel. I pay $5.30 for 100 rounds so thats only like $2-$3 more than the federal bulk pack i buy for the little nieces and nephews to shoot. Guess it's just a personal preferance.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

huntinherrington wrote:
LonghunterCO wrote:
Because i have a little less than 10,000 rounds of CCI subs. It's what i use in all my .22 rifles. i like the lead HP. Most bulk packs are jacketed. Plus i like having just one ammo for all my .22s. just grab a few baxes and start shooting without looking to see if its the right one. I have really good accuracy with CCI subs and also notice it burns alot cleaner leaving less residue in the barrel. I pay $5.30 for 100 rounds so thats only like $2-$3 more than the federal bulk pack i buy for the little nieces and nephews to shoot. Guess it's just a personal preferance.
IMO experience on average cci subs are not much slower then cci standard velocity. You should be fine with this ported barrel and wont loose much energy, cci advertises the subsonic at 1050fps and the standard at 1070 fps. In my personal experience I did a 10 round string with both in my cz452 16" barrel and I cant remember the average of each but im pretty sure they where like 10fps difference. Both where going intermittently supersonic at about sea level at a temp of 35 degrees. I think I had about 4 out of 10 in the standard go super and 3/10 in the subsonic go super. This was actually the first time I have had either go super on me and thus the reason I broke out the chrono. Normally both will stay sub for me because it stays pretty warm in LA most of the year including winter. Needless to say I dont buy cci subs anymore cause I get the same results with standard for less money.

When I want HP I use aquilla subsonic much quieter to me then either of the cci above. But honestly even hunting tree rats or wabbits I dont see a point in the hollow points the non hollow points always do the job for me.
huntinherrington

I use cci Subs and wanted to know how the ports would effect its velocity. not looking to change ammo or be told i could just use X brand. I am aware that i could just use bulk ammo. Just wanting to know how it would effect cci subs. Not directed towards anyone so nobody needs to get offended... Just looking for the answer to my question. If i have to use bulk thats fine with me just wanting to know how it will run with the ammo i currently run. AGAIN, not trying to be a d*ck to anyone that has suggested his/her opinion. If the subs are not designed and practical through this gun, i will run bulk ammo :wink:
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

huntinherrington wrote:I use cci Subs and wanted to know how the ports would effect its velocity. not looking to change ammo or be told i could just use X brand. I am aware that i could just use bulk ammo. Just wanting to know how it would effect cci subs. Not directed towards anyone so nobody needs to get offended... Just looking for the answer to my question. If i have to use bulk thats fine with me just wanting to know how it will run with the ammo i currently run. AGAIN, not trying to be a d*ck to anyone that has suggested his/her opinion. If the subs are not designed and practical through this gun, i will run bulk ammo :wink:
I'm not offended and I understand your question, i just have no idea of the answer. I'll try to get a chrono and some cci subs at some point to answer it.
Kick Ass Design
huntinherrington

JasonAAC wrote:
huntinherrington wrote:I use cci Subs and wanted to know how the ports would effect its velocity. not looking to change ammo or be told i could just use X brand. I am aware that i could just use bulk ammo. Just wanting to know how it would effect cci subs. Not directed towards anyone so nobody needs to get offended... Just looking for the answer to my question. If i have to use bulk thats fine with me just wanting to know how it will run with the ammo i currently run. AGAIN, not trying to be a d*ck to anyone that has suggested his/her opinion. If the subs are not designed and practical through this gun, i will run bulk ammo :wink:
I'm not offended and I understand your question, i just have no idea of the answer. I'll try to get a chrono and some cci subs at some point to answer it.
Thanks for your reply. It seems that its designed for the purpose to use bulk ammo and have sub performance fun :D . That is great and i think has a very good potential on todays market. I could always find some bulk ammo to invest into! Looking foward to seeing video/db recordings. Great job on making a fun rifle a whole lot more fun!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Well Im guessing but to summarize my other post I think it will do fine with the ammo you have considering its not much different then standard velocity cci which im sure will work fine as well in this integral without much degrade in performance. The gas is going to take the route of least resistance so im thinking the amount of gas exiting the ports is going to depend on the amount of overall gas. So if your shooting subs less gas is going to leave the ports then if your shooting high velocity. So its not going to have as much of an affect on the subs as it will the high velocity in terms of velocity. IMO I suck at physics though so take it with a grain of salt. It will be interesting to see the chrono numbers though. IMO if the subs stay above 900 fps they will get the job done just fine in most applications.
huntinherrington

I agree, the lower the speed, the less gas will escape. Thats what im thinking but im just an oilfield worker so i thought i would ask! Thanks for your input yamatitan, you seem to give me a little clarification on all of my posts.
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

huntinherrington wrote:Thats what im thinking but im just an oilfield worker....

You are alright by me. Ask as many questions as you want.

Like you I run CCI standard velocity stuff through my silencers and target rifles (and bulk though everything else)
I look at it like this Standard velocity CCI at my local sporting goods dealer is $7.49/100 (yea it is painful, it sucks) and CCI blazer for $16.99 for 500 (so that is $3.40/100) so I am saving $20.46 every brick I put through it (and getting the same preformance-as far as quietness anyway). Depending on how much you shoot that could add up fast.
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

Is there any chance of a 10/22 charger barrel done as an integral, I'd prefer my 10/22 sbr to be an integral and still a pocket gun.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
kvincent

Post by kvincent »

Any updates on expected ship dates?
LonghunterCO
Silent But Deadly

Post by LonghunterCO »

jurist wrote:Is there any chance of a 10/22 charger barrel done as an integral, I'd prefer my 10/22 sbr to be an integral and still a pocket gun.
I just felt a great disturbance in the Force. Like all the money in my bank account screaming out at once... and then it was gone.
greytamer

Post by greytamer »

Wanted to check in and see when these will be shipping. Any eta and firm pricing? Thanks Jason.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

I do not know.

The boxes are done and I've seen lots of parts around though
Kick Ass Design
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

greytamer wrote:Wanted to check in and see when these will be shipping. Any eta and firm pricing? Thanks Jason.
All the info currently available (including MSRP) at the link:

http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/show ... -is-coming!
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
jb1968

Post by jb1968 »

Are the ports on this barrel top and bottom? Or just on top?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

jb1968 wrote:Are the ports on this barrel top and bottom? Or just on top?
just on top
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy