How Come AAC Doesn't offer a Brake Mount for the SPR/M4?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

FirstRoundPop

Post by FirstRoundPop »

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: How Come AAC Doesn't offer a Brake Mount for the SPR/M4?

Post by Bendersquint »

FirstRoundPop wrote:How Come AAC Doesn't offer a Brake Mount for the SPR/M4?
SUpposedly they are in the works, just need to have some patience.

First brakes were the M42000, the list is long, but based on the emails the order kinda looks like this...

M42000 - DONE
762SD (they might be waiting for the 51T to give this a brake)
SCAR H SD
SPR M4

I am waiting on a SCAR H SD brake mount myself, not really shooting it that much because I can't wait for the sacrificial baffle of the muzzle brake!

I may be wrong on the order but thats what I wrote down so I knew when the SCAR H SD should be coming out.

-B
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

Bendersquint wrote:
FirstRoundPop wrote:How Come AAC Doesn't offer a Brake Mount for the SPR/M4?
SUpposedly they are in the works, just need to have some patience.

First brakes were the M42000, the list is long, but based on the emails the order kinda looks like this...

M42000 - DONE
762SD (they might be waiting for the 51T to give this a brake)
SCAR H SD
SPR M4

I am waiting on a SCAR H SD brake mount myself, not really shooting it that much because I can't wait for the sacrificial baffle of the muzzle brake!

I may be wrong on the order but thats what I wrote down so I knew when the SCAR H SD should be coming out.

-B
haha its been in the works since before I took posession of my SPR/M4 (somewhere around 12/2008). I think they actually told me 2 weeks (no lie) back then... Seeing as they are only getting busier with building other cool stuff, I would be surprised to see this anytime soon.. Who knows though...
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
FirstRoundPop

Post by FirstRoundPop »

Aw man. I hate it when you get the proverbial BS line "two weeks." If they actuallly told you that it makes me think less of them . I usually only hear that from industry hacks. Thought they were above that. :?
Last edited by FirstRoundPop on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

FirstRoundPop wrote:Aw man. I hate it when you get the proverbial BS line "two weeks." If they actuallly told you that it makes me think less of them . I usually onlyhear that from industry hacks. Thought they were above that. I usually onlyhear that from industry hacks :?
Im not quite sure what an 'industry hack' is, but I am fine with the whole situation. This wasnt/inst a necessary item for them to make as the flash hider works just fine. And to top it off it is the top performing .223 can on the market, so I am not really going to complain. I however dont shoot that much to worry about baffle erosion so I could see how that could bother some people, but if you are really concerned about that you wouldnt have bought one to begin with since brakes were never available or advertised as such. On top of that I only have one AR anyway :wink:
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
FirstRoundPop

Post by FirstRoundPop »

Looks like I repeated that line twice in my last post. Looks like I repeated that line twice in my last post. :lol:

The SPR/M4 has a very well established reputation. No matter how great a product, how busy the company, or how much they are growing there is never an excuse for BSing the customer. Whoever told you that knew da%# well they weren't coming out in two weeks. Does that mean I will avoid AAC; their reputation forever tarnished in my mind? No, just disappointed to hear that happened. Nuff' said.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

FirstRoundPop wrote:Looks like I repeated that line twice in my last post. Looks like I repeated that line twice in my last post. :lol:

The SPR/M4 has a very well established reputation. No matter how great a product, how busy the company, or how much they are growing there is never an excuse for BSing the customer. Whoever told you that knew da%# well they weren't coming out in two weeks. Does that mean I will avoid AAC; their reputation forever tarnished in my mind? No, just disappointed to hear that happened. Nuff' said.
Found an old email I printed off from AAC and they said that they believed that the SCAR H SD mounts were on the 'list' and production should start in 2-3 weeks, I won't even type what YEAR that was!

-B
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Translation for the new guy
around here;
2-3 weeks =

I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Frankenbrake. It's the only option.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

I love the Mers soup nazi pic.

You all have to understand that we are not in charge of production and can only report what we are told on those things.

If you want my honest opinion, I would say: Since the SCAR-H-SD has been a military-only can for the most part, unless the military asks for a muzzle brake mount, they will stay on the list, but i wouldn't hold my breath, as they have been very happy with the flash hiders.

We have limited production and resources, and so must make mounts/etc for our best sellers first. That's why you see the most options for the M4-2000 and now the 762-SD/762-SDN-6, as these outsell the miter cans by a far margin. Mount production this winter was mostly taken up by the 10,000 BLACKOUT order the army placed.

That said, there is a trickle down factor and i do believe that as time goes on, the various designs show up for the alternate cans.

The fastest way to get a new mount is for a dealer to arrange a purchase of at least 100 of them, like the Major did to get the 5.56mm 18T brakes made.

I do wish I had a better answer for you, but I hope that is better than "2 weeks".
Kick Ass Design
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JasonAAC wrote:I love the Mers soup nazi pic.

You all have to understand that we are not in charge of production and can only report what we are told on those things.

If you want my honest opinion, I would say: Since the SCAR-H-SD has been a military-only can for the most part, unless the military asks for a muzzle brake mount, they will stay on the list, but i wouldn't hold my breath, as they have been very happy with the flash hiders.

We have limited production and resources, and so must make mounts/etc for our best sellers first. That's why you see the most options for the M4-2000 and now the 762-SD/762-SDN-6, as these outsell the miter cans by a far margin. Mount production this winter was mostly taken up by the 10,000 BLACKOUT order the army placed.

That said, there is a trickle down factor and i do believe that as time goes on, the various designs show up for the alternate cans.

The fastest way to get a new mount is for a dealer to arrange a purchase of at least 100 of them, like the Major did to get the 5.56mm 18T brakes made.

I do wish I had a better answer for you, but I hope that is better than "2 weeks".
Much better than "2 WEEKS"!

Thanks for the honest reply Jason.

Just means I need to acquire 96 more hosts for my SCAR H SD so I can get brakes..........anyone else interested in SCAR H brakes? It may take me awhile to get enough hosts! :twisted:

-B
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

I have asked before for a SCAR-H brake for my SPR\M4 in 6.8 spc and SCAR-H :(
I would buy 5 just have for future hosts. I wonder how many would really sell?
I already have 7 flash hider mounts. I have waited for these to get off the back burner for a while.
AllenArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by AllenArms »

I'm trying to help guys! I ask what a hundred would cost us! Waiting on a reply. Hopefully I can help everyone out!
Randall Durham
NFA SALES
Allen Arms Inc.
1210 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville,SC 29609
Ph-864-250-2007
Fax-864-271-0806
[email protected]
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Brakeout over a brake. And hopefully a non-standard brake / brakeout like the TT or the BattleComp, they are proving to be the new standard.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
Illuminated_one
Silent But Deadly

Post by Illuminated_one »

AllenArms wrote:I'm trying to help guys! I ask what a hundred would cost us! Waiting on a reply. Hopefully I can help everyone out!
Depending on price, I should be in for at least one!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. "

Mark Twain
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Illuminated_one wrote:
AllenArms wrote:I'm trying to help guys! I ask what a hundred would cost us! Waiting on a reply. Hopefully I can help everyone out!
Depending on price, I should be in for at least one!
I am down for at least 2, prefer the full muzzlebrake but if thats not possible I will deal with brakeouts

-B
peytont
Senior Silent Operator

Post by peytont »

I would buy one for sure, maybe two.
Norm

Post by Norm »

Put me down for two, maybe three.
FirstRoundPop

Post by FirstRoundPop »

JasonAAC wrote:I love the Mers soup nazi pic.

Awesome answer!! It's honest. Makes sense regarding production numbers, etc. Yeah, I wish you all made an SPR/M4 mount with a brake but can';t alter production and lose $ because one dude wants one. Thanks for the reply.
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Not in the running for this but.... Good Man, that means a lot.
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
CMOS
Silent Operator

Post by CMOS »

I would definitely be interested. On my 12.7" bbl, I have the option of running an M4-2000 with the brake mount or SPR/M4 with the FH mount. After seeing what the blast baffle on the SPR/M4 looked like after a few hundred rounds, I switched to the M4-2000 + brake.
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Post by FB3 »

I would purchase at least two and maybe three for my SPR/M4.
withoutremorse42
Silent But Deadly

Post by withoutremorse42 »

one for me. Allenarms, let me know if you get 100 made, I'll order up
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
m3s90
Senior Silent Operator

Post by m3s90 »

Count me in for 4 SPR/M4 brakes
AllenArms
Silent But Deadly

Post by AllenArms »

I haven't heard anything yet. I will let everyone know as soon as I do.
Randall Durham
NFA SALES
Allen Arms Inc.
1210 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville,SC 29609
Ph-864-250-2007
Fax-864-271-0806
[email protected]