Is a 7.62snd6 good to go on. . .

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

dirty D

Is a 7.62snd6 good to go on. . .

Post by dirty D »

Will the n6 be safe on .260 rem? Will use on that caliber void the warranty? And I'm pretty sure it would be a bad idea but I'm gonna ask anyway but how about 7mm rem?
dirty D

Post by dirty D »

Nobody has any experience with this?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Is a 7.62snd6 good to go on. . .

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I don't work for AAC so I can't give you an official answer, but this video about the standard 7.62-SD might give you some insight. In short, before they answer they'll probably need to know your barrel length.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
dirty D

Post by dirty D »

Thank you for the link, I'm hoping one of the aac guys will chime in. I'm running a 26" barrel on the .260 and plan on putting a break on it. Haven't built the 7mm yet but plan on at least a 24" tube on it with a break. It seems the n6 will have less internal volume than a standard 7.62sd which makes me kinda hesitant to try it on 7mm without factory approval. The .260 I feel will be fine, but if memory serves me correct it generates more pressure than .308
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

dirty D wrote:Thank you for the link, I'm hoping one of the aac guys will chime in. I'm running a 26" barrel on the .260 and plan on putting a break on it. Haven't built the 7mm yet but plan on at least a 24" tube on it with a break. It seems the n6 will have less internal volume than a standard 7.62sd which makes me kinda hesitant to try it on 7mm without factory approval. The .260 I feel will be fine, but if memory serves me correct it generates more pressure than .308
Also, not the official word here, but the 26" bbl should be fine, also the 762-SDN-6 has certain internal changes that makes it able to withstand more pressure than the 762-SD.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy