SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:40 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:17 am
Posts: 17
Location: Ohio
I have an 8 inch Noveske AR15 rifle chambered in 300 AAC Blackout and I'm in the market for a suppressor in the $1k and under price range. This suppressor will be used specifically for this rifle and cartridge combination, no others. I'm primarily concerned with sound reduction and weight, but of those 2 specifications, sound reduction is more important to me.

I've done a bit of research on the AAC website and this forum and I don't really know which suppressor meets my needs. I was dead set on the SDN-6 until I saw the performance numbers posted by another member on here. Now I'm not sure which suppressor has the best sound reduction in the AAC lineup in this price range for my gun. I have the AAC Blackout FH with the 51 tooth adapter so I want to purchase a silencer with the 51T ratchet mount system. Any help in clearing my confusion would be appreciated.

_________________
The beatings will continue until morale improves.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Posts: 427
Location: Roswell, GA
It really is a toss up between the 762SD and the 762SDN6. I doubt you could go wrong either way as both are great silencers.

From what I'm hearing from my close friends in the industry the 762SD will be a little quieter, but in all likelihood it would not be very noticeable. The N6 has advantages in that it will be shorter and more durable due to the all inconel construction. Seeing as how you have an SBR you may like the compactness of the N6 over the SD. Both use the 51T mount that you have on the gun.

Go handle both, and if at all possible hear both before making your decision. Either way I think you will be happy.

_________________
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 am
Posts: 281
Location: South Florida
You may want to consider an AAC Cyclone 762. It is thread-on, but has better numbers than the SD's.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:17 am
Posts: 17
Location: Ohio
Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?

_________________
The beatings will continue until morale improves.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 319
Location: las vegas nv
Liberty Mystic,I purched this for my .338 specter and it sounds great.
The Mystic is rated for the
following calibers. :shock:

22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM - 16" BBL
30 PPC - Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
380
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max - Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Posts: 427
Location: Roswell, GA
misterchaos wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?


No, pistol suppressors will not stand up to supersonic 300 BLK rounds.

_________________
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:21 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:27 pm
Posts: 392
Location: Snowy Colorado
m1garand30064 wrote:
misterchaos wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?


No, pistol suppressors will not stand up to supersonic 300 BLK rounds.


Manfacture rates the Liberty Mystic as 300 BLK supersonic compatable.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Posts: 427
Location: Roswell, GA
LonghunterCO wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:
misterchaos wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I realize that my FH will only attach to an AAC ratchet mount suppressor, but if I remove it that should give me the ability to purchase any thread mounted suppressor. Are there any other suppressor manufacturers worth my time? What about pistol suppressors? Would a pistol suppressor stand up to the 300 blk supersonic pressure in a semi automatic rifle?


No, pistol suppressors will not stand up to supersonic 300 BLK rounds.


Manfacture rates the Liberty Mystic as 300 BLK supersonic compatable.


Ok, with the exception of the Mystic. All the others would be a bad idea.

_________________
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Have Blue, HonEur12, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited