Has Remington Reaffirmed its Commitment to 300 BLK???

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Has Remington Reaffirmed its Commitment to 300 BLK???

Post by JPratt06 »

Given recent events at AAC, it would be nice to get a statement from Remington reaffirming its 100% commitment to the 300 BLK round. Anyone got a source you can point me to where this has happened? If not, I guess this post is a request for such a public statement.
ΜΟΛΩÎ
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Has Remington Reaffirmed its Commitment to 300 BLK???

Post by Bendersquint »

JPratt06 wrote:Given recent events at AAC, it would be nice to get a statement from Remington reaffirming its 100% commitment to the 300 BLK round. Anyone got a source you can point me to where this has happened? If not, I guess this post is a request for such a public statement.
What needs reaffirming about the 300BLK? Its a SAAMI cartridge now?

Why would anything that has happened at AAC(Kevins departure) have any affect on an industry standard cartridge with hundreds of other companies supporting it?

-B
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

yeah, the 300BLK stone is rolling. I have no fears.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

Bendersquint wrote:
JPratt06 wrote:Given recent events at AAC, it would be nice to get a statement from Remington reaffirming its 100% commitment to the 300 BLK round. Anyone got a source you can point me to where this has happened? If not, I guess this post is a request for such a public statement.

Why would anything that has happened at AAC(Kevins departure) have any affect on an industry standard cartridge with hundreds of other companies supporting it?

-B
I was under the impression that Remington is still the largest 300 BLK ammo manufacturer and that it and its subsidiaries (e.g. Bushmaster) are bringing the most factory rifles to market. The BLK still needs Remington to push it at this stage, imo.
ΜΟΛΩÎ
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

JasonM wrote:yeah, the 300BLK stone is rolling. I have no fears.
As long as Remington is still dedicated to churning out ammo and rifles for what was essentially Kevin's and Robert's pet project, then I'm happy. :)
ΜΟΛΩÎ
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JPratt06 wrote:
As long as Remington is still dedicated to churning out ammo and rifles for what was essentially Kevin's and Robert's pet project, then I'm happy. :)
Why would it stop because someone left? They(Remington) has invested WAY WAY too much money to let it go. its SAAMI spec too with a ton of supporters so it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Now if it was a concept gun then it would be a different story but it isn't its a full production item for MANY companies.

Lets not forget the amount of money it costs to tool up to load ammo, its ALOT for something that wasn't a solid product.

Don't worry about it.

-B
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Bendersquint wrote:
JPratt06 wrote:
Why would it stop because someone left? They(Remington) has invested WAY WAY too much money to let it go. its SAAMI spec too with a ton of supporters so it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Now if it was a concept gun then it would be a different story but it isn't its a full production item for MANY companies.

Lets not forget the amount of money it costs to tool up to load ammo, its ALOT for something that wasn't a solid product.

Don't worry about it.

-B
And this concept renewal that became 300BLK was due to MIL interest (still very much ongoing), and that will continue to drive it. But, yes, Rem wants to sell product and if product sells well, they will continue to make it. And based on how fast everything 300BLK has been selling out over the past year, we are good to go.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
cms81586
Silent Operator

Post by cms81586 »

Not to mention that my tiny little FFL here in BFE, Arizona has a couple thousand rounds of it in stock on his shelf...both subs and supersonic ammo. In fact he has more .300BLK in stock than he does 5.56 and says it's been flying off the shelf almost as fast as 5.56 ammo. If it's catching on here it must be doing okay... :wink:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

cms81586 wrote:Not to mention that my tiny little FFL here in BFE, Arizona has a couple thousand rounds of it in stock on his shelf...both subs and supersonic ammo. In fact he has more .300BLK in stock than he does 5.56 and says it's been flying off the shelf almost as fast as 5.56 ammo. If it's catching on here it must be doing okay... :wink:
Or places like Houston Armory(think thats the shop) that was posting pallets and pallets of the ammo and is constantly buying it. I added it up at one point and there was at least 50,000 rounds if not ALOT more on one pallet.

Its not going away and to even worry about it doesn't even make sense.

-B
m3s90
Senior Silent Operator

Post by m3s90 »

Gee whiz.. The sky is falling... B.O. has been been proclaimed president for life...guns have been banned... and it is 65 degrees on the 31st of December (must be global warming) seas are going to rise next week and the Allegheny mountains are going to be beach front property. Either buy a blackout and enjoy it or don't.

Happy New Year
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

300 BLK overall..not too worried. Now your "Honey Badger"? Not so sure about its future under AAC.
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

Bendersquint wrote:
cms81586 wrote:Not to mention that my tiny little FFL here in BFE, Arizona has a couple thousand rounds of it in stock on his shelf...both subs and supersonic ammo. In fact he has more .300BLK in stock than he does 5.56 and says it's been flying off the shelf almost as fast as 5.56 ammo. If it's catching on here it must be doing okay... :wink:
Or places like Houston Armory(think thats the shop) that was posting pallets and pallets of the ammo and is constantly buying it. I added it up at one point and there was at least 50,000 rounds if not ALOT more on one pallet.

Its not going away and to even worry about it doesn't even make sense.

-B
And They've shot mostly all that up and I got my 9" Santa Claus upper last week there. Hope to burn up my share of those 220gr. super thumpers with new toy SDN6. Yes, the 300BLK is surely alive and well. :)
starlingstalker :D
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

Bendersquint wrote:
JPratt06 wrote:

Don't worry about it.

-B
Henry Ford is dead. So is David Dunbar Buick. We still have Fords and GM's, though. I wouldn't sweat it.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Aren't we still waitng for the "Black Box"? :P
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

700PSS wrote:Aren't we still waitng for the "Black Box"? :P
I think if AAC were to release a new black box, it would have to be take-apart and making a take-apart box (without threads clearly) is not a task I would want :mrgreen:

Secondly,
I think Remington has committed to the 300 blackout . . . the 115gr UMC $12/box option should clear that up
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Bendersquint wrote:

-B
I laugh at all those SHTF guys who tell everyone their rifles must be 5.56 or they will be killed because they had less then 50,000 rounds when the apocalypse happens (as if you wouldn't ALSO have a 5.56). anyway, I laugh because the 300BLK is a perfect round to complement the 5.56 AR15 and 308 owner. I have many 5.56 ARs so I have lots of 5.56 brass laying around. A quick run through a 300BLK reloading die, a cutoff saw, and a quick debur and I have myself a nice piece of 300 BLK brass. Toss in some powder, a primer and one of my 308 sized bullets for my 308 bolt gun and bam, done.

So if you have reloading gear for 308 and 5.56 and 300BLK dies, then you have everything you need to reload blackout.

Worried about extra parts? NP! grab them off your other AR15s (anything but the barrel or the FH works). Want to stock parts for all your rifles? NP, just buy some extra 5.56 parts and now you have spares for all your 5.56 *and* 300 BLK rifles.

Noticing a theme? This is the main reason I roll my eyes at all the haters who preach how much "better" 6.8SPC is. The 6.8 needs new brass, new mags, 6.8mm bullets so I cant use my 308 stuff, a new ($$) bolt and a whole drawer of different and $$ spare parts. Sure its a little better ballisticly. But so is 308, and 300WM is even better, and 338 Lapua, and .416, and .50 cal and 20mm and.... Well you get the idea.

Every caliber is a compromise. And since most people posting online are desk jockies anyway and don't kill anything at all (or at most a deer or a hog a few times a year, which don't shoot back and die when shot properly, regardless the caliber) its really a silly argument anyway.

Oops. [/rant]
-----------------------------

This space for rent.