2012 at SHOT from AAC so far

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: 2012 at SHOT from AAC so far

Post by JasonM »

CallMeShooter wrote:I have a M4-2000 and am still pretty excited about the new mounts. I also have plenty of hosts. Progress should never be hindered. I am looking forward to the reviews on the new SR series.

Jason, do you have an ETA on the new SR series?

I would love a "new" Mini 4 or Mini 7 with the 90 tooth taper mount.
AAC will have to answer date questions
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

JasonM wrote:Stamp 1 - SBR (or MG in this case)
Stamp 2 - Integral silencer
Stamp 3 - removable muzzle suppressor
bummer. i don't know why i thought an integral suppressor would not be a separately papered item, thanks for clearing that up.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

jaredr wrote:
JasonM wrote:Stamp 1 - SBR (or MG in this case)
Stamp 2 - Integral silencer
Stamp 3 - removable muzzle suppressor
bummer. i don't know why i thought an integral suppressor would not be a separately papered item, thanks for clearing that up.

And it really is more of an expansion chamber thing, but it does reduce the sound a bit, so thanks BATFE, add a stamp!!
Kick Ass Design
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

CallMeShooter wrote:I have a M4-2000 and am still pretty excited about the new mounts. I also have plenty of hosts. Progress should never be hindered. I am looking forward to the reviews on the new SR series.

Jason, do you have an ETA on the new SR series?

I would love a "new" Mini 4 or Mini 7 with the 90 tooth taper mount.
thats the thing, progress doesn't need to be hindered to maintain compatability. Is SilencerCo's mount that works on the 51t not as good as the new 90t AAC mount? From what i've see it locks up completely solid on the 51T mounts and is a product improvement. That's all we are saying. We are not screaming that progress is evil and they shouldn't build new cans with better mounts. I have an 18T can and I didn't complain about the 51T mounts (though I still don't see why they can't swap the spring for a toothed latched so it can be "upgraded". I guess it should be obvious why they don't though). Plus my old 18T can fits all my new 51T mounts, so even if I can't figure out a way to upgrade the old mount it at least fits on the 51T mounts, so I can use both my old can and the new one on all my hosts. With the 90T setup your stuck either upgrading everything to the 90T or losing the ability to switch your suppressor around among all your hosts.

Oh well. I tire of trying to explain the difference between "hindering progress" and wishing for AAC to have found a more ingenious solution that didn't involve tossing out the old mounts (you know, like some other manufacturer did).
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

AAC need to make solutions for their mistakes. Not make new ones and screw old buyers. :shock:

I believe there are people complaining about getting 18t mounts in this section. 51t will soon follow!
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
eastplace

Post by eastplace »

I like all the new shizit and progress they are making. Now they have to start thinking up cool new stuff for next years SHOT SHOW. No rest for the wicked.
CallMeShooter

Post by CallMeShooter »

The Saker does look nice, and by going off of SilencerCo's other great cans one would think that the Saker would be pretty awesome. In saying that though, the Saker is not in production mode and has not been thoroughly tested or abused.

I also want to see the different weights of the Saker with the different mounting options installed. Regardless I have no doubt that it will be an impressive silencer.
Every knee will bow...
AJE
Silent But Deadly

Post by AJE »

Well it is good to see my SDN6 and it's 51 tooth mounts are outdated before I even have my stamp back.
cms81586
Silent Operator

Post by cms81586 »

AJE wrote:Well it is good to see my SDN6 and it's 51 tooth mounts are outdated before I even have my stamp back.
I wouldn't quite go that far. It seems that AAC caved in and redesigned the mount because of the internet commandos complaining about the tiny amount of play found in 51T mounts...3/4 of which probably don't own an AAC suppressor. From the looks of it the new can is the same as the SDN6 with a different mount. If that doesn't bother you then you're good to go. I still think it's one of the front-runners for versatile .30 cal cans you can as a multicaliber platform.

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

HKschalldampfer wrote:The mounts have changed on the SR5 and SR7, but they still retain the 51T on the mini7. Something has to be going well for them to still be using and producing the same mount, right?
The 'wobble' is an invented issue.

In our meetings with our largest military customer last week, they elected to stay with the 51T mount because they like them as they are.

I do R&D so I can have any AAC cans on my guns that I want, and I am not making any effort to change my 51T mounts/cans.

That being said - the SR5 does not wobble and is a really light-weight can.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Hey General Silvers, is there any difference in the baffles/endcap on the SR7 vs the N6?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I don't actually know. Mike Smith did those.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The SR5 converts to a thread-on can just by leaving the mount in the can (you don't push the lever when you unscrew it).
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Do you think that a flat endcap will be available for element owners?
dan5505
Silent Operator

Post by dan5505 »

robpiat wrote:Do you think that a flat endcap will be available for element owners?
I hope so. I would like to swap mine out. Does it still use the same takedown tool?
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

copenhagen wrote:Hey General Silvers, is there any difference in the baffles/endcap on the SR7 vs the N6?
The baffle core in the SR5 is different from the M4-2000 in that it has been modified to reduce back pressure. Reducing back pressure minimizes "gas in the face", deposits less crud in the action, and minimizes cyclic rate increase on select fire hosts. The front end cap is the same 718 Inconel front end cap we've been using all along on the M4-2000 and SDN-6.

The SR7 is an SDN-6 with updated exterior styling and a new mount.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

robpiat wrote:Do you think that a flat endcap will be available for element owners?
We're seriously talking about an upgrade rear end cap for existing Elements. Please be aware that we cannot make the gripping surface on the upgrade part as long as the gripping surface on the Element 2. This is due to the tube of the Element 1 being longer than the Element 2. If we were to make the gripping surface of the upgrade part the same length, it would make the upgraded silencer longer than it was originally. We're trying to stay on the right side of the ATF ruling/interpretation that forbids the lengthening of a silencer during repair/upgrade.

A replacement cap would indeed use the same spanner tool.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Sounds great! 8)
AJE
Silent But Deadly

Post by AJE »

cms81586 wrote:
AJE wrote:Well it is good to see my SDN6 and it's 51 tooth mounts are outdated before I even have my stamp back.
I wouldn't quite go that far. It seems that AAC caved in and redesigned the mount because of the internet commandos complaining about the tiny amount of play found in 51T mounts...3/4 of which probably don't own an AAC suppressor. From the looks of it the new can is the same as the SDN6 with a different mount. If that doesn't bother you then you're good to go. I still think it's one of the front-runners for versatile .30 cal cans you can as a multicaliber platform.

I'm sure it will be fine, it's more of a complaint of the NFA process than anything else.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Pics of Element 2?
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

SilentMike wrote:
copenhagen wrote:Hey General Silvers, is there any difference in the baffles/endcap on the SR7 vs the N6?
The baffle core in the SR5 is different from the M4-2000 in that it has been modified to reduce back pressure. Reducing back pressure minimizes "gas in the face", deposits less crud in the action, and minimizes cyclic rate increase on select fire hosts. The front end cap is the same 718 Inconel front end cap we've been using all along on the M4-2000 and SDN-6.

The SR7 is an SDN-6 with updated exterior styling and a new mount.
Is it a massive improvement, or minor?

ie. Will a Switchblock still function on the "S" setting and is it still advised on a dedicated build?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Conqueror wrote:Pics of Element 2?
Kick Ass Design
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Aww, now it really does look like a mini-ti-rant. I guess it even has a ti-tanium tube- ya'll could call it the Ti-Rant .22.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

copenhagen wrote:Aww, now it really does look like a mini-ti-rant. I guess it even has a ti-tanium tube- ya'll could call it the Ti-Rant .22.
It does, actually. :wink:
angelbeast6
Silent But Deadly

Post by angelbeast6 »

Will the rifles come with 51t or 90? Can we get some more pics of them? Which will be the first distributors with them?
I keep forgetting it so I'll leave it here for others as well: NFA 304-616-4500