Moving to New York?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Re: Moving to New York?

Post by JohnnyC »

I still feel like Rob Curtis should issue a retraction and apologize for his irresponsible reporting. Bad form for sure.
hawzwood

Post by hawzwood »

JohnnyC wrote:I still feel like Rob Curtis should issue a retraction and apologize for his irresponsible reporting. Bad form for sure.
Why? He put the source told him both pieces.

Yeah, the details make it all better. "Blackwell will visit AAC’s Lawrenceville,GA, facility Monday along with other Freedom Group executives, including FGI CEO Robert Nardelli for meetings with AAC employees."

Bob will certainly make AAC a success and continue to foster the brand (emphasis on brand) we know and love. :lol:
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Open a factory in NY call is AAC long gun division build AR15s for the masses. Keep the silencer (silent division) here in good ol ga. Flood the market with the brand. Open the US to the idea of silencers and get them off the NFA.
Last edited by Sdustin on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

JohnnyC wrote:I still feel like Rob Curtis should issue a retraction and apologize for his irresponsible reporting. Bad form for sure.
Rob had sources for his original report, and then when contacted by Rem, he amended the story with their info.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
smokey1

Post by smokey1 »

Bargsbeer wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:Gear Scout has added to the article stating AAC is not moving to New York. I wouldnt worry about it.

OK, Lets say there not moving to NY (they probably aren't) Why the massive shake up in upper management?
Not uncommon to flush orginal senior partners/ excutive management team after a period of transition-post purchase. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens in business.
Smokey
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

JasonM wrote:
Rob had sources for his original report, and then when contacted by Rem, he amended the story with their info.
My issue is that he passed it off as fact. Rather than say, "sources inform me that.....," he stated it as if he knew that a move were occurring. I expect this from the mainstream media, or op-ed's in the NYT, but from a website directed towards the shooting world, I would hope that there would be a higher standard of excellence. I understand gun rags needing advertising dollars and thus exclaiming every review as the next best thing, but a major event like this I would think would necessitate a little more fact-checking than sole source rumor mill. Just sorta grinds my gears.

Honestly Jason, I'm glad that things worked out for you the way they did, your freelance stuff is excellent and I'm glad you're still able to work within the industry in an unbiased capacity. Your design work is fantastic (this coming from a guy whose roommate owns a design firm/print shop) and I'm glad we get to see your work industry-wide.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

JohnnyC wrote:
JasonM wrote:
My issue is that he passed it off as fact. Rather than say, "sources inform me that.....," he stated it as if he knew that a move were occurring. I expect this from the mainstream media, or op-ed's in the NYT, but from a website directed towards the shooting world, I would hope that there would be a higher standard of excellence. I understand gun rags needing advertising dollars and thus exclaiming every review as the next best thing, but a major event like this I would think would necessitate a little more fact-checking than sole source rumor mill. Just sorta grinds my gears.

Honestly Jason, I'm glad that things worked out for you the way they did, your freelance stuff is excellent and I'm glad you're still able to work within the industry in an unbiased capacity. Your design work is fantastic (this coming from a guy whose roommate owns a design firm/print shop) and I'm glad we get to see your work industry-wide.
I appreciate the kind words, and no one is more happy to see more of my work out there than I am. ;)

And I also understand your view of this.

One thing remains clear in all this, FGI needs to clear up the future and direction of AAC, both as a company and as a brand. It will be very interesting to watch and it really sucks that a lot of good people are caught up in the middle.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

[quote="JasonM"
One thing remains clear in all this, FGI needs to clear up the future and direction of AAC, both as a company and as a brand. It will be very interesting to watch and it really sucks that a lot of good people are caught up in the middle.[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY It's a shame but is usually what happens. I have seen it over and over. Several of the companies I supplied product to were very successful, were sold, and the new owners destroyed the business in less than a year or 2. On the other hand some were hacked up and resold for major profits totally redefined. The casualty being the good people who worked there.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!