Flexible AAC 5.56 Flash hider

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

shhh hunting wabbits

Flexible AAC 5.56 Flash hider

Post by shhh hunting wabbits »

Form 4 is in on a 762SDN6. Among other rifles, I’d like to use it on an AR. I foresee a dedicated 5.56 can down the road. Is there an AAC muzzle brake that would allow the use of the 762SDN6 and a MINI-4, M4-2000 and/or SPRM4?
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Re: Flexible AAC 5.56 Flash hider

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Any of the 51 tooth mounts will work for those cans(save for the SPR-M4), so long as they have the correct thread pitch for the host they'll be mounted on. You won't be able to get one mount and move it from host to host with the can.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
AJE
Silent But Deadly

Post by AJE »

I use a SDN6 on two AR15s and I don't think I need to bother with a dedicated can for 5.56. YMMV.
shhh hunting wabbits

Post by shhh hunting wabbits »

Greg, thanks for the info. That's what i thought from reading, but i couldn't find anything definitive. I assume the AAC BLACKOUT 51T Flash Hider with M.I.T.E.R. Mount will work on all of the above?

AJE, I've heard that from many many people. I'm not sold on a dedicated 5.56 can, but if i needed a different mount for a 5.56 than the 762SDN6 that would limit how many ARs I get a mount for now. Also, I like the stats on the MINI4 but i haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

shhh hunting wabbits wrote:Greg, thanks for the info. That's what i thought from reading, but i couldn't find anything definitive. I assume the AAC BLACKOUT 51T Flash Hider with M.I.T.E.R. Mount will work on all of the above?

AJE, I've heard that from many many people. I'm not sold on a dedicated 5.56 can, but if i needed a different mount for a 5.56 than the 762SDN6 that would limit how many ARs I get a mount for now. Also, I like the stats on the MINI4 but i haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Nope. The M.I.T.E.R. mount is a completely separate mounting system that the SPR/M4 and SCAR-HD use. It is not compatible with 51T (ratchet mount) suppressors. The MITER mount cans have been discontinued.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

m1garand30064 wrote:
shhh hunting wabbits wrote:Greg, thanks for the info. That's what i thought from reading, but i couldn't find anything definitive. I assume the AAC BLACKOUT 51T Flash Hider with M.I.T.E.R. Mount will work on all of the above?

Nope. The M.I.T.E.R. mount is a completely separate mounting system that the SPR/M4 and SCAR-HD use. It is not compatible with 51T (ratchet mount) suppressors. The MITER mount cans have been discontinued.

I thought the SCAR-H SD was still being produced just not for civilian consumption at this time.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

Bendersquint wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:

I thought the SCAR-H SD was still being produced just not for civilian consumption at this time.
That may be true. The way I read the announcement was that the MITER was being discontinued and all cans will be either the 51T or 90T system.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD