TiRant cycle issues

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

jtatum1

TiRant cycle issues

Post by jtatum1 »

Hello all,
I have been a long time reader, but first post. I am having some issues with my tiRant 9 and glock 17. The pistol will not cycle with the can in place. I have tried several things to fix and need a little help. The piston has plenty of lube. I have tried every weight and brand ammo I can find locally as well as reloads in 115, 124, and 147. The weapon will cycle all loads without the can. It also works flawless on my AR. It is a lone wolf barrel if that matters. The recoil booster is in place and seems to move freely. What am I missing?
Thanks for your time.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: TiRant cycle issues

Post by Bendersquint »

jtatum1 wrote:Hello all,
I have been a long time reader, but first post. I am having some issues with my tiRant 9 and glock 17. The pistol will not cycle with the can in place. I have tried several things to fix and need a little help. The piston has plenty of lube. I have tried every weight and brand ammo I can find locally as well as reloads in 115, 124, and 147. The weapon will cycle all loads without the can. It also works flawless on my AR. It is a lone wolf barrel if that matters. The recoil booster is in place and seems to move freely. What am I missing?
Thanks for your time.
Need to play with your recoil spring since you have checked all the other factors.

That said my G19 functions flawlessly with any suppressor I put on it regards if it is a titanium or aluminum or stainless can.

Is your G17 new?
jtatum1

Post by jtatum1 »

Thanks, forgot to mention that. I have several springs I have cut down a half link at a time and could not make them work. Could it be I need to break the barrel in? It is a older 17, but barrel is new.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jtatum1 wrote:Thanks, forgot to mention that. I have several springs I have cut down a half link at a time and could not make them work. Could it be I need to break the barrel in? It is a older 17, but barrel is new.
I haven't experienced having to break a barrel in but it wouldn't hurt to dump around 500 through it before you try suppressing it.

Are you removing a coil and stretching it to maintain a consistent fit? What other spring weights have you tried?
jtatum1

Post by jtatum1 »

I haven't been stretching it, didn't think of that. I have tried 17, 15, 12. I have been through the cutting process on 2 separate 17 springs. I may order a few more and try stretching them back out.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jtatum1 wrote:I haven't been stretching it, didn't think of that. I have tried 17, 15, 12. I have been through the cutting process on 2 separate 17 springs. I may order a few more and try stretching them back out.
WOLFF Springs are tops if you ask me. Though you shouldn't be having the problems that you are to that extent.
jtatum1

Post by jtatum1 »

I think that is what I have been using, but that is what I will order for sure. Is it fairly common to have to change spring weights? I was under the impression that I could just swap barrels and would be good to go.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

jtatum1 wrote:I think that is what I have been using, but that is what I will order for sure. Is it fairly common to have to change spring weights? I was under the impression that I could just swap barrels and would be good to go.

No, it's not common, especially with that gun and can combo.

Something else is screwy. Most likely barrel-to-gun break in. Run a bunch unsuppressed, clean, lube and try again.

If you end up having to tweak the spring, cutting springs is not a great way to adjust- you need to get lighter (but correct length) springs, Wolff is a good source.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

My vote would be the barrel. You might try one of the recently released Glock factory barrels.
Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988
jtatum1

Post by jtatum1 »

My barrel has the black oxide coating, think that may be hanging it up? It has started to wear in a few spots.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jtatum1 wrote:My barrel has the black oxide coating, think that may be hanging it up? It has started to wear in a few spots.
I will mirror SilentMike's thoughts and add to it that perhaps its not broken in yet. Burn some ammo in it and see if that helps.

I don't think its the suppressor at all.
mew
Silent Operator

Post by mew »

my Lone Wolf barrel needed minor breaking in but after 200 rounds or so
it runs flawless, shoot more then recheck every 50rds...........