Need assistance for Tirant 45 please

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: SilentMike

follybeacher

Need assistance for Tirant 45 please

Post by follybeacher »

I am in line for a Tirant 45 finally (waited for one that disassembled). It came with a 16x1LH piston. I have a couple questions while I wait:

1. I would like to equip my Glock 36 with a threaded barrel. I would have to buy this: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx ... 90&CAT=237 and an AAC .578x28 piston. Why are there 2 options on AAC's website, one which says 1911 only? I would not need an AAC fixed barrel spacer since the barrel moves within the frame? Correct?

2. I would also like to suppress my Kimber 1911, but am not opposed to selling it and getting a different 1911 because I would really like a rail on the underside of it. So the question: What is a good 1911 host that is factory threaded and has a rail. If there is none, I would like a drop-in barrel for my kimber or similar kimber with rail. Does lonewolf make one? What is the thread pitch? I would ideally like to consolidate pistons to avoid confusion if possible.

3. I want to potentially suppress my blackout subsonic rounds (220g) with this as well. It has a thread pitch of 5/8x24. I would imagine there is an AAC piston for that (don’t see it on website)? I would need the AAC fixed barrel spacer for this since the barrel is stationary, Correct?

4. If I wanted a 1/2x28 piston, say for any other stupid idea, like using it for 22lr (may be silly, but humor me), they make a piston for that? Website says 9mm Only for the 1/2x28, why? I would need the fixed barrel spacer because barrel is stationary?

I am ignorant when it comes to the .45 platform and threads and seems confusing at this time. I may rule out some of these configurations if it cost or practicality is unreasonable. Doesn't seem I even need the 16x1LH it came with... Any rules of thumb would also be helpful. Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for the help Brent! I'm sure I will have additional questions, but I will cross that bridge when I get to them.
Last edited by follybeacher on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tater_ga
Silent Operator

Re: Need assistance for Tirant 45 please

Post by Tater_ga »

follybeacher wrote:I am in line for a Tirant 45 finally (waited for one that disassembled). It came with a 16x1LH piston. I have a couple questions while I wait:

1. I would like to equip my Glock 36 with a threaded barrel. I would have to buy this: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx ... 90&CAT=237 and an AAC .578x28 piston. Why are there 2 options on AAC's website, one which says 1911 only? I would not need an AAC fixed barrel spacer since the barrel moves within the frame? Correct?

2. I would also like to suppress my Kimber 1911, but am not opposed to selling it and getting a different 1911 because I would really like a rail on the underside of it. So the question: What is a good 1911 host that is factory threaded and has a rail. If there is none, I would like a drop-in barrel for my kimber or similar kimber with rail. Does lonewolf make one? What is the thread pitch? I would ideally like to consolidate pistons to avoid confusion if possible.

3. I want to potentially suppress my blackout subsonic rounds (220g) with this as well. It has a thread pitch of 5/8x24. I would imagine there is an AAC piston for that (don’t see it on website)? I would need the AAC fixed barrel spacer for this since the barrel is stationary, Correct?

4. If I wanted a 1/2x28 piston, say for any other stupid idea, like using it for 22lr (may be silly, but humor me), they make a piston for that? Website says 9mm Only for the 1/2x28, why? I would need the fixed barrel spacer because barrel is stationary?

I am ignorant when it comes to the .45 platform and threads and seems confusing at this time. I may rule out some of these configurations if it cost or practicality is unreasonable. Doesn't seem I even need the 16x1LH it came with... Any rules of thumb would also be helpful. Thanks!
I'll do my best to help with the AAC related questions. We really don't have any specific recommendations for drop in barrels, but people tend to have good luck with Lone Wolf. There are a ton of threaded barrels out there for Glocks.

1. (a)"1911 only" is a shorter piston, or flush fit. Unlike the other piston that sticks out further. Explanation in AAC BLOG: http://www.aacblog.com/fnh-fnp45-tactic ... explained/

(b) No fix barrel spacer because its not a fixed barrel (like a rifle).

2. There are some great 1911's out there that come threaded from the factory. Remington makes one that is new to the market and Nighthawk makes a great threaded 1911, as well. The thing to remember is no two things are made exactly alike when it comes to guns. You may need a gun smith to help with getting any "drop in" barrel to function correctly. YMMV is usually the term thrown in right about here.

3. We do not make a piston for the TiRant in 5/8-24 because we don't recommend shooting rifle calibers through pistol silencers. However, subsonic 300BLK will be fine in that can. Its not going to sound as good as a 762 can, but it will give you sound reduction. DON'T SHOOT SUPERS THROUGH IT!!! Seriously, you will have a bad day. We're working on getting something to work in the TiRant for this, but until then you should check out Tornado Technologies for an adapter to thread it 1/2-28.

4. "9mm only" is because if someone tried to shoot 40 or 45 through the smaller 9mm hole in the piston, then there would be an obvious issue. 22lr sounds great suppressed in a 22lr silencer. But, to your own admission you know that this is dirty thought :D . Its dirty molten lead you're shooting through that can and you can seriously dirty it up. You'll definitely need to clean it more often. It is a take apart can, but 22lr is DIRTY.

From another post:
Baffle Stack wrote: These baffles have approximately 200 9mm followed by 200 22LR...
I hope all of this info helps.
Brent

Certified Silencer Nerd

Semper Fidelis (2005-2010)