Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo.

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo.

Post by Artful »

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking ... more-ammo/

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo.
January 12th, 2013

I do not have a link as of yet but here is what I have found out…

Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything…BUT.
She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.

She called corporate as I was standing there.
And was told this. “As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment”. Said, “As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved”.

So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision…Hows that change working out for you now?

As I said, I dont have a link, but you can call Wal Mart headquarters at 1-800-925-6278 for yourself and ask. After the answer press 2 then 1 then 1 again and wait to talk to a rep. I just did this myself and was told the same thing.

Something must have changed at the meeting they had on Thursday.
Guess we will have to wait and see what Obama has in store for us next.

Guys, I am not making this up…Call and find out for yourself.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo.

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Does that include "hunting" ammo too?
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

As if I needed another reason to avoid the Chinese junk-bins they call stores.
Besides... has there ever been a retail store that could match online ammo prices?
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

I overheard a similar conversation at my local wally world, and after inquiring about it, they said that orders were piling up in their order system with no hope of them being filled anytime soon so they sent out an email to stop ordering ammo until further notice.

Didn't sound like anything big, other then they were tired of getting orders piling up that couldn't be filled right now.
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Walmarts here in FL just started limiting the number of ammo boxes to 3 for each person. So much for waiting on whole cases.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

sounds like the ammo makers cant keep up not like walmart is stopping all sales??
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
daviscustom
Silent But Deadly

Post by daviscustom »

Sdustin wrote:sounds like the ammo makers cant keep up not like walmart is stopping all sales??
That is the way I understood it...coming from an assistant manager at a local wally world. Since Artful has spoken to higher management, their current motivation may be as he stated, but I think they had more practical reasons to begin with. My conversation was a week or so ago.

They are going to do what is in their best interest financially....they don't want to get hung out to dry.....lord knows the Dem's wouldn't think twice if they could get it done. Screw WalMart and gun owners at the same time....BONUS!
The myopic majority will be our republic's undoing.
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

rimshaker wrote:Walmarts here in FL just started limiting the number of ammo boxes to 3 for each person. So much for waiting on whole cases.
the walmartians around here or at least the one closest to me has been COMPLETELY OUT of ALL the popular calibers for a couple months now, as mentioned above I don't think they're ordering it, I've NEVER seen it like this in the past :roll:
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

T78m6b wrote:
rimshaker wrote:Walmarts here in FL just started limiting the number of ammo boxes to 3 for each person. So much for waiting on whole cases.
the walmartians around here or at least the one closest to me has been COMPLETELY OUT of ALL the popular calibers for a couple months now, as mentioned above I don't think they're ordering it, I've NEVER seen it like this in the past :roll:

Went by again yesterday, SAME result...virtually NOTHING in the cabinet; the monkeys that work here are clueless about any future shipments :lol:
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Around here Walmart employees are buying or taking tips to set ammo aside. They have been getting a steady supply of 147 grn am eagle 147gr.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

66427vette wrote:Around here Walmart employees are buying or taking tips to set ammo aside. They have been getting a steady supply of 147 grn am eagle 147gr.
Similar here. They are getting stuff in, but if you aren't there, it's gone.
Also, people now know the Bass Pro delivery schedule and hit the store right when the truck arrives and they buy up whatever is there.
Bass Pro at least has most non-5.56 and non-308 hunting ammo. So, if you want to shoot something like a 270 or even 30-06, you are good to go, albeit it's the $1+ per round specialty ammo.