better hurry

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

RJT
Silent But Deadly

better hurry

Post by RJT »

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Re: better hurry

Post by M40A1308M »

This makes me sick. 65$ for a brick of what was 13$ that's just gouging out right. Its funny we sell .22 all day for very little profit at our shop. Sure it runs out with in a hour but at least we are fair. I have collected .22 ammo in bulk since I was 18 I guess for those prices my storage unit. I can just retire right now and move to the islands.

What so sad is everybody is willing to pay that and thinks now "that's not a bad deal" WOW LOL
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Yep, it is ridiculous. I can't find anything subsonic that isn't an arm, a leg, and a foot. Bulk pack gets bought up by employees, or is gone the minute it hits the shelf. I set a 7.00 a box ceiling on .22lr, and it pisses me off to pay that much.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

If you think $65 is bad, someone here has the cojones to sell at $90 per brick over in Classifieds.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

And I think this is all BS. I think someone started a rumor about military sales of .22lr. So the manufactures and the distributors saw a opening for huge profits. kinda like the AR15 jumps when some one say's BAN. Because correct me if I am wrong but the military would only be supplied by a small hand full on ammo manufactures. Not ALL .22lr companies are giving all they have to the military. Once the ammo manufactures see a lag in there profits they will either drop prices or start another rumor as I think they have done here. I blame the ammo manufactures and the greedy distributors. And the American people play right in to the plot. Last week I went to a farm store we have to see a guy bring his big friends and buy all the .22lr as the store had no limit policy. They acted if they were expecting trouble. So as we walked out there were some confronting the man and his friends to why they would buy it all and not let others buy and the man said I will sell it to you if you want for 90$ a brick. And some bought it . Very SAD. We need to just NOT buy there .22lr for a bit and see what happens. Its not like anyone really needs it to survive right now.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

rimshaker wrote:If you think $65 is bad, someone here has the cojones to sell at $90 per brick over in Classifieds.
I saw that, and it came down pretty quickly. I'm not selling what I posted, just thought I'd share. I was originally buying CCI std vel at Academy, but it is non existent right now.

ETA - It's still up, and CTD had it for 4.59 a box the other day.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I saw that and here is a pulled line from his ad. OMG this is funny.!!!!!!!
Why is this worth $900.00 a case? It is match grade. IT is consistent! That is why its worth so much. It is boringly consistent at 200 yards..

And at 200 yds that would have 112.9 inch drop there are allot of rifle scopes that may have trouble being boringly consistent. Especially if a mouse farts 90 deg. to the flight path of the bullet. I mean I have tried shooting at 200 with a 40x and yea with the right ammo its ok. But this stuff is slow and I wonder if it would have trouble punching paper. LOL