Looking for subsonic factory loads for 6.8SPC

Ammunition Discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

wolfgar

Looking for subsonic factory loads for 6.8SPC

Post by wolfgar »

First things first, thanks to Johndoe3 for your post of Apr 14, 2010 giving me a place to start looking for factory loaded SS ammo for my POF 308/7.62 x 51. Now all I need do is refine my search as to the POF with a 20” barrel and a 1 x 10 twist.
Last week I picked up my SureFire 762K bought for use on the POF and a Stag Mod.5 M4/6.8SPC, my question here is; now I am looking for factory SS loads for the 6.8?

I do without a doubt understand that to reload is the best way to go! My Dillon has been in an ammo crate out in the barn for almost 15 years. I am retired from everyday work, but train Service Dogs for the handicapped and lucky if I can find time to shoot much less reload. The Stag has a 16 ¼ BL “1 x 11 twist with the SureFire QD pinned muzzle brake attached.
The day I picked up the SureFire, I found I suffer from “the kid with a new toy syndrome” opened the door to family room and ran 10 rounds of SSA 100gr Nosler Bonded through the SureFire. Somewhat louder then I thought it would be, but cut the sound down to; I did not need hearing protection. Now I need to walk out to the shooting table and make certain the zero did not move around. I have a 300 yard range set up on the western part of my land. If I can get this add a photo thing to work, the rifle is my POF, the target 300 yards. First round cold clean, then three rounds to foul the barrel and fourth fire for effect, low and to the left. But not bad for an old geezer :D

Jake
“CRY Havoc and Let slip The Dog’s of war”
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for subsonic factory loads for 6.8SPC

Post by Trevor2011 »

I'm not sure this will help much but here goes. From what I have read on arfcom and other forums a factory loaded sub round is hard to come by in 6.8. If you can find one then you run into the issue of will the gun run it reliably. And what will you have to do to it to get it to run reliably. I saw a video on YouTube where a company in Florida made a 6.8 from the ground up to run on subs and it was wicked quiet. However they had to heavily modify the gun to do it and if I understood it correctly you would have to put the gun back to factory specs to run high velocity again. I'm a 6.8 fan as well and would love to find what your looking for but I'm at my wits end with trying to find it.
cflgunandtactical

Re: Looking for subsonic factory loads for 6.8SPC

Post by cflgunandtactical »

We did one modification and that was adding a third port in the piston adjustment system. It will go from supersonic to subsonic with just flipping a switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGrAsCR ... lT69C3u1iQ
WWW.CFLGUNANDTACTICAL.COM