SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:59 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Missouri
I finally got my hands on a couple bricks of CCI Quiet (40gr bullet @ 710fps). I haven't shot them for groups yet but I did compare them to CCI Subsonic both suppressed and unsuppressed in my 18" CZ 452. From my uncalibrated ear I would say they are a little louder unsuppressed than the subsonics are suppressed. Suppressed the quiets are quieter than the subsonics, it's just a click and a thwap. They sound very similar to CCI CBs but load just fine in my magazine and appear to be more consistent. I'll try to shoot these for groups this weekend.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Posts: 867
Location: Roswell,GA
ronin111 wrote:
I finally got my hands on a couple bricks of CCI Quiet (40gr bullet @ 710fps). I haven't shot them for groups yet but I did compare them to CCI Subsonic both suppressed and unsuppressed in my 18" CZ 452. From my uncalibrated ear I would say they are a little louder unsuppressed than the subsonics are suppressed. Suppressed the quiets are quieter than the subsonics, it's just a click and a thwap. They sound very similar to CCI CBs but load just fine in my magazine and appear to be more consistent. I'll try to shoot these for groups this weekend.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960


Do you think they would cycle the action in anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:50 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm
Posts: 736
Location: KY
ronin111 wrote:
I finally got my hands on a couple bricks of CCI Quiet (40gr bullet @ 710fps). I haven't shot them for groups yet but I did compare them to CCI Subsonic both suppressed and unsuppressed in my 18" CZ 452. From my uncalibrated ear I would say they are a little louder unsuppressed than the subsonics are suppressed. Suppressed the quiets are quieter than the subsonics, it's just a click and a thwap. They sound very similar to CCI CBs but load just fine in my magazine and appear to be more consistent. I'll try to shoot these for groups this weekend.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

Do these rounds feature a driving band like the subs or not like the standard velocity?

_________________
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 10277
Location: North Carolina
ronin111 wrote:
From my uncalibrated ear I would say they are a little louder unsuppressed than the subsonics are suppressed.


Have heard this as well, still waiting for my cases to arrive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Missouri
robpiat wrote:
Do you think they would cycle the action in anything?


Some folks on Rimfire Central have had luck with their 10/22, some worked without any mods and some had to lighten a spring. I haven't tested them in any of my semi autos yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 338
These rounds are very quiet out of my 10/22, however, they wound cycle the action...

_________________
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 pm
Posts: 47
Location: NE
I bought a couple of bricks of the CCI Quiet 22LR. Had shot them a bit prior to today, was getting about 1" groups at 50 yards with a CZ452 Special (24.5" barrel) and an old Bushnell 10X scope, no suppressor. Today I set my old Oehler Model 33 chronograph up and measured the velocity of a bunch of centerfire and some rimfire ammo. The CCI Quiet 22LR average velocity for 10 rounds at 15' was 661 Avg FPS, SD 9. I could see the wind blowing the bullets off course in the scope. They shoot about 6-7" low compared to most the other ammo I shoot.

I have not chronographed this ammo with my CZ452 Scout (16.5" barrel), makes me wonder if I might be loosing a little velocity with the long barrel because the specs say 710 FPS.

As a reference, CCI SV ammo averaged 1010 out of my CZ452 Special and 1019 out of my CZ452 Scout a month ago with similar temperatures (50 degrees).

KELLY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Missouri
HK91 wrote:
I bought a couple of bricks of the CCI Quiet 22LR. Had shot them a bit prior to today, was getting about 1" groups at 50 yards with a CZ452 Special (24.5" barrel) and an old Bushnell 10X scope, no suppressor. Today I set my old Oehler Model 33 chronograph up and measured the velocity of a bunch of centerfire and some rimfire ammo. The CCI Quiet 22LR average velocity for 10 rounds at 15' was 661 Avg FPS, SD 9. I could see the wind blowing the bullets off course in the scope. They shoot about 6-7" low compared to most the other ammo I shoot.

I have not chronographed this ammo with my CZ452 Scout (16.5" barrel), makes me wonder if I might be loosing a little velocity with the long barrel because the specs say 710 FPS.

As a reference, CCI SV ammo averaged 1010 out of my CZ452 Special and 1019 out of my CZ452 Scout a month ago with similar temperatures (50 degrees).

KELLY


My accuracy results are similar to yours. I could hold about 1 inch at 50 yards without any wind. These are much more consistent than CCI CBs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:59 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 pm
Posts: 18
ronin111 wrote:
I finally got my hands on a couple bricks of CCI Quiet (40gr bullet @ 710fps). I haven't shot them for groups yet but I did compare them to CCI Subsonic both suppressed and unsuppressed in my 18" CZ 452. From my uncalibrated ear I would say they are a little louder unsuppressed than the subsonics are suppressed. Suppressed the quiets are quieter than the subsonics, it's just a click and a thwap. They sound very similar to CCI CBs but load just fine in my magazine and appear to be more consistent. I'll try to shoot these for groups this weekend.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960


What suppressor did you shoot the CCI 22 Quiet out of? At 710 fps I was a little concerned that the bullet would slow even more and result in a baffle strike.

Btw, I emailed CCI to ask if the .22 Quiet was safe to shoot suppressed, and they advised that they did not know as none of them had any experience shooting this round suppressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Missouri
jake1199 wrote:
What suppressor did you shoot the CCI 22 Quiet out of? At 710 fps I was a little concerned that the bullet would slow even more and result in a baffle strike.

Btw, I emailed CCI to ask if the .22 Quiet was safe to shoot suppressed, and they advised that they did not know as none of them had any experience shooting this round suppressed.


Spectre & Sparrow

I'm not worried about a baffle strike. These are essentially a CB with a 40gr bullet, the quiets seem much more consistent though. I've probably shoot 1k of these through my Spectre and never had an issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 pm
Posts: 18
Cool. I will have to give these a try when my SWR Octane 9 HD2 can arrives at my FFL. I plan on getting an SWR Spectre II in the near future as well. Hard to find these currently.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 pm
Posts: 47
Location: NE
I took my CZ 452 Special out to the range today and set up some targets at 100 yards with a big piece of butcher paper behind it so I could catch any low shots. I shot CCI Subsonics and CCI Quiet ammo.

The rifle is sighted in so CCI Subsonics hit dead on at 50 yards, using a 2-7X scope.

I shot several groups with the CCI Subsonics and was getting 1-2 inch groups for five shots at 100 yards, they were hitting about 6" low and 1 1/2 inches to the left.

The CCI Quiets hit about 6" low at 50 yards. I shot a group with the Quiets and could not find it on the paper. So I put a target up higher on the paper and then shot a 10 shot group at 100 yards (it was getting hot so I didn't want to go down range but the one last time). They hit 29" low and 6" to the right, using the same point of aim as the CCI Subsonics. The 10 shot group was about 3.5" tall by 2" wide.

I was really surprised by the drop, not that I would use them for shooting anything that far out anyway.

No suppressor yet, but finally bought a SWR Spectre II and am waiting for the Form 4 to be approved.

On a side note, any recommendations to get the CZ threaded?

HK91


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 am
Posts: 659
Location: South Florida
So these (.22-Quiet) Will cycle a Ruger Mklll action suppressed?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 433
Location: Missouri
T78m6b wrote:
So these (.22-Quiet) Will cycle a Ruger Mklll action suppressed?


No


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 am
Posts: 659
Location: South Florida
ronin111 wrote:
T78m6b wrote:
So these (.22-Quiet) Will cycle a Ruger Mklll action suppressed?


No


Thanks, I wanted to know before I went all in on an order


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCI Quiet Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Sin City, NV
I've tried them in one of my 10/22s and one of my .22/45s, both suppressed and unsuppressed, and while quieter than the CCI SV load, they will not cycle the actions.

They re great for a quiet first shot.

mbogo

_________________
Gemtech Outback II; Elite Iron Bravo 1 ; SilencerCo Osprey .45.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 PhpBB Group