3-Prong mount?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: k31user

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

3-Prong mount?

Post by rob_s »

Just wondering if the ADCO 3-prong mount (see pic below) is an Ops product or of ADCO's own making and/or if this might work more like the brake-mount than the birdcage in terms POI shift (go here for my results with the brake and birdcage)

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
olephart
Silent Operator

Post by olephart »

I don't know, but the break also receives the initial blast. Without it, the first baffle would get it all. I would be surprised if it worked as well or lasted as long using the flash hider. Maybe it's ok either way.

I read your other thread. Since I am considering an ops can, I was confused by the collection of parts you got. Does OPs ship the can without the muzzle brake or did the seller substitute his part for the OPs part? Did you request the swap? I can't find any listing of what is supposed to come with the can anywhere.
chromeluv
Silent But Deadly

Post by chromeluv »

olephart wrote:I don't know, but the break also receives the initial blast. Without it, the first baffle would get it all. I would be surprised if it worked as well or lasted as long using the flash hider. Maybe it's ok either way.

I read your other thread. Since I am considering an ops can, I was confused by the collection of parts you got. Does OPs ship the can without the muzzle brake or did the seller substitute his part for the OPs part? Did you request the swap? I can't find any listing of what is supposed to come with the can anywhere.
OPS ships the cans with the brake, they come standard with the brake and collar.

The Birdcage and 3Prong is something limited to ADCO Firearms as far as I know, but I am sure if Ron wanted he could machine these different items.
k31user
Industry Professional

Post by k31user »

The suppressor comes with the brake, thread protector, barrel fitting(collar), and crush washer.

Ron
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Mine came with the birdcage, a cut-down collar for the 11.5" long .625" diameter barrel (a collar that had to be re-cut by ADCO, BTW), the original collar, and a washer. k31user was kind enough to provide me with a slightly used brake mount for free.

I'm still unsure if the 3-prong from ADCO is an Ops part or a subbed-out part, or if it is more likely to have the POI shift of the birdcage vs. the brake.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
olephart
Silent Operator

Post by olephart »

some of those parts look awfully thin for something that OPs would make for a high volume can. That "wedge" type collar lacks the forward part that might help a little if the can got a little loose. The bevel seems long enough to move the can forward of it's intended location.

If you paid full price, I would be a little concerned. The missing muzzle brake is worth a lot more than what you got. The fact that the flash hider didn't work nearly as well is not really surprising.

I'm glad you have everything working as designed. All the info I have seen is that these are great cans. I am looking forward to purchasing one, but will have to make sure I get all the correct parts.