OVL on Ops cans on barrels

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderator: k31user

jeremill
Silent But Deadly

OVL on Ops cans on barrels

Post by jeremill »

I want to purchase an Ops 14,15 or 12th and wonder for a 16in 5.56 which is best for suppression without a bearing on weight? Also how far does the can seat over the barrel? Meaning what is the overall lenth from the flash hider?

Also does the Ops can outcompete the AAC 2000 Mod 08 in performance, durability and suppression? I just need some info from Ops guys after reading 600 threads about how the AAC Mod 08 is the best on the market.

Jeremy
"Ooh you stabbed her right through the right nipple... of lactating mammary goodness... " Pilzee

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Ray Barnes
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ray Barnes »

jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. Guess my internet-fu is not great this morning.
"Ooh you stabbed her right through the right nipple... of lactating mammary goodness... " Pilzee

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
Ray Barnes
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ray Barnes »

I believe the 16th. model is not described on the OPS INC. website. If you need to know the OAL of the 16th. model I will measure my one for you.
the_accuser
Silent But Deadly

Post by the_accuser »

If weight is no concern then the 12th model offers the greatest sound reduction. I own the 12th, 14th, 15th and 16th models and like each one. Personally, if you don't care about the weight and just want sound reduction then I would get the 16th model (sound reduction is just like the 12th model). The 14th, 15th and 16th models can be used on the same weapon. Because the collar for the 12th sets back slightly further you would only be able to use the 12th model on that weapon. Once you get one you going to want another... :D

As for the question about the Ops can outcompeting the AAC 2000 mod 08, I would say the 16th model compares similarly to it. I believe from some of the testing AAC has done that their model slightly edges out the Ops 16th. Having been around both I cannot tell a difference in sound reduction but everyones hearing is different. I own both AAC and Ops products and enjoy each equally. Hope this helps some.