KAC Snap-On Suppressor

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

galconv500

KAC Snap-On Suppressor

Post by galconv500 »

Need some recommendations. I'm currently in the process of having a KAC Snap-On suppressor transfer to me from my local dealer; I'm hoping for approval in the May - June time frame. Since the suppressor is a wipe suppressor, if I decide to shoot it (I may not as it's still 'new'), I will eventually need new wipes (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's legal to have extra wipes for that suppressor). I contacted KAC but they were unable to assist me with new wipes as they no longer support that suppressor model (however, KAC's Customer Service did send me an operator's manual for the suppressor - thanks guys!).

With that being said, can anyone recommend a dealer where I could buy the wipes or a manufacturer that can make wipes that would fit this suppressor? Thanks for your help and information.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Re: KAC Snap-On Suppressor

Post by Tom12.7 »

I was lucky enough to shoot one of these not long ago. The SOT used Teflon sheet gasket material for the wipe. Worked pretty well.
Have fun!
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

You can use industrial grade rubber from any online source, Ill try to find a link. Wipes were used with a Thompson can and he advised on the hardness and thickness of the material you needed.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

here's a link to what you may end up getting

http://www.mcmaster.com/?m=true#standar ... ds/=qudqkp

maybe Silvers will chime in. IIRC he has had some experience with wiped suppressors or just get in touch with Thompson silencers

check out the Poseidon 9

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=99
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

You can legally make the wipes yourself. As the ruling goes you cannot have extra wipes pre-made for the can. You must destroy the existing wipes and than make new ones.

Do not buy neoprene rods to make the wipes, buy sheet material. The Snap on Can uses 8 1/8" thick wipes, so buy a sheet of material in that thickness along with the corresponding 1" punch. I do not know what the manual will tell you but I recall that the Durometer reading for the material is around 80A.

PS you lucky SOB for being able to get one. Did you get the entire kit with the Beretta or just the can?

Edit to add
The info below is copied from another post from years back
For a Hush Puppy style can I like 1/8" thick, 80A durometer, Amber color, flat sheets, part# 8789K212

Then you can punch it out with a 1" punch - 3427A24

Here are some links from this site that may be of interest to you.
viewtopic.php?t=13729
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=61957
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

CThomas wrote:You can legally make the wipes yourself. As the ruling goes you cannot have extra wipes pre-made for the can. You must destroy the existing wipes and than make new ones.

Do not buy neoprene rods to make the wipes, buy sheet material. The Snap on Can uses 8 1/8" thick wipes, so buy a sheet of material in that thickness along with the corresponding 1" punch. I do not know what the manual will tell you but I recall that the Durometer reading for the material is around 80A.

PS you lucky SOB for being able to get one. Did you get the entire kit with the Beretta or just the can?

Edit to add
The info below is copied from another post from years back
For a Hush Puppy style can I like 1/8" thick, 80A durometer, Amber color, flat sheets, part# 8789K212

Then you can punch it out with a 1" punch - 3427A24

Here are some links from this site that may be of interest to you.
viewtopic.php?t=13729
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=61957
Ditto, forget the rods
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

In reply to CThomas: Thanks for the recommendation and nice words. Yes, I was lucky enough to get the complete set-up. The only thingd missing were spare wipes (good to ask questions - didn't know that you couldn't have spares without utilizing / destroying the originals) and the operators manual (which KAC was kind enough to provide).
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

UPDATE - My suppressor transfer was approved in mid-May (8.5 months from submission of Form 4 to approval). Also, the former owner found a copy of the original owner's manual for the suppressor and sent that to me (KAC was only able to provide me a PDF version, but it was still nice of them to provide that since this system hasn't been produced by KAC for quite awhile). What I find most interesting with this particular package is that all the serial numbers match (Beretta, slide-stop, and suppressor) and it's still NIB.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

I was hoping that you would emerge again with good news.
I will be sending you a PM.
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

CORRECTION TO MY UPDATE - It was 10.5 months from my Form 4 submission to final approval; I was thinking about the timeframe from the time my Form 4 went pending to the date of final approval when I submitted my post the other day. Sorry if I got people's hopes up unnecessarily.
galconv500

Post by galconv500 »

For CThomas - per your message above from last week, you indicated that you planned on sending a PM. As I have not yet received it, do you still plan on sending one? Thanks and have a good day.
CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Post by CThomas »

galconv500 wrote:For CThomas - per your message above from last week, you indicated that you planned on sending a PM. As I have not yet received it, do you still plan on sending one? Thanks and have a good day.
PM sent sorry for the delay.