KeyMod question

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

gunrgood
Silent Operator

KeyMod question

Post by gunrgood »

Can anyone tell me what the minimum depth KeyMod accessories need so that they can be installed and removed from the URX4 rail? Lets say hypothetically that the inside area of the URX4 rail was almost entirely taken up buy a barrel, what is the maximum diameter the barrel can be? The application will not be for a AR type rifle and I am not trying to fit a suppressor down inside the rail. The KeyMod hardware has a minimum clearance it requires for removal and installation. Any information will be greatly appreciated!
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Re: KeyMod question

Post by Tom12.7 »

Some open source info can be found just by using Google and search for keymod specifications. As for accessory attachments, I've noticed different brands use some different depths, so I'm pretty sure a lot are not following any standard there.
gunrgood
Silent Operator

Post by gunrgood »

I have found the specs VLTOR posted. Looking more at the KAC stuff as of right now.
Tom12.7
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tom12.7 »

If you want to know exactly fora urx4 with KAC keymod hardware, you'd need to call them and have them look it up on a print. Just be sure to figure in a little wiggle room.