Question about M203 and URX rails

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

Predator

Question about M203 and URX rails

Post by Predator »

So I have a Colt M4 upper which I was planning on chopping down the FSB and putting a URX 3.1 on, but I also want to make sure I can still use my M203 with KAC QD mount. I have everything apart right now but I just noticed a couple things.

1) The top half of the rail covers the M4 cutout, which is great except I won't be able to slide the M203 QD mount under the rail and lock it down. This could be solved by a shorter URX rail.
2) It doesn't look like the URX barrel nut will allow the M203 to seat into it like a standard barrel nut would.

So before I scrap this idea altogether and start looking for another solution, I figured I should double check here first.

Is there any way to mount an M203 under any of the URX rails, or is the barrel nut issue a non-starter?

TIA!
I drank a case of beer, just to watch it die...
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Question about M203 and URX rails

Post by n.franklin »

I asked this same question a few years ago in regards to the original URX handguards and was told that a M203 kits exists/did exist but were never released to the public. My best option was to either use a rail mount M203 on the bottom rail or use a Daniel Defense RIS II that comes with the necessary hardware to run a standard M203.