KAC Picture Thread

Company specific discussions and announcements.
RustedAce
Silent But Deadly

Re: KAC Picture Thread

Post by RustedAce »

pacrimguru wrote:Image
:D

:mrgreen:
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
mikevician
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mikevician »

ar15chatterbox.com
MichaelVain
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MichaelVain »

I just got my SR-15 yesterday with a T-1. Had to get an ARMS mount because the KAC mounts were not available at the time. I'm probably going to get the GG&G mount since it has flip up covers. I also got a PVS-14 kit. I'm sure I put it on wrong, but here it is.

My only complaint are the normal ones. The mag that it comes with is pretty beat up and atrocious looking. I wish it came with Magpul mags or at least a new looking usgi mag. I still think the cases these rifles come with are just terrible. It'd be nice if there were KAC cases.
jbo723
Silent But Deadly

Post by jbo723 »

Finally picked up my SR25 EMC to complete my KAC trifecta..EMC, Black E3, and a Tan E3..

Freedom is not Free...
lawndartdesign
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawndartdesign »

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

That is one of your better shots, very nicely done. :D
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

lawndartdesign
Silent But Deadly

Post by lawndartdesign »

Stickman wrote:

That is one of your better shots, very nicely done. :D
That means a lot coming from you. Thanks. Loving the SCAR photo!
Dos Cylindros

Post by Dos Cylindros »

16" hammer forged BCM middy upper with URX II rifle length rail, 200-600m KAC BUIS, T-1 battery cap and triple tap.....

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

mikevician
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mikevician »

ar15chatterbox.com
NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Post by NickB »

mikevician wrote:Image

Great looking rifle...foliage green really is my favorite color right now, but probably only because you don't see it much.
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Only you can make dirty things look pretty Stick! :P
jbo723
Silent But Deadly

Post by jbo723 »

Freedom is not Free...
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Ctaylor wrote:Only you can make dirty things look pretty Stick! :P

Thanks.

Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

mikevician
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mikevician »

3 wrote:
Early 600m sights had a insert like the 200m sight. The prototype had a small slot to retain the insert. Interestingly during some army testing the smaller aperature on the 200m sight was found to be ineffective . It really is a head thing. I all ways think I shoot better with a smaller aperture but you would be surprised how well the human eye can calibrate small measurements . I found a 600M sight on a SR-47 the other day that had a spring for flipping it up and a pull pin that would be attached to the optic so when the optic was removed the pin would be pulled and the sight would be automatically erected.

:D
ar15chatterbox.com
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

Stick: Seems like I heard you had quite a few ARs, I did'nt know you were active LE. So can I see a pic of the rifle you carry in your cruiser. Thanks
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

gunn24 wrote:Stick: Seems like I heard you had quite a few ARs, I did'nt know you were active LE. So can I see a pic of the rifle you carry in your cruiser. Thanks
Yes, I'm prior MIL, and a full time city cop (and instructor/ armorer), I also write for Military Times and shoot pictures an additional 30-50+ hours a week. The photography aspect of things is how I end up with so many weapons and components. I've done photography work with 45+ manufacturers within the weapon and associated community.

My current duty weapon is shown below. You might notice that some of the nicer things that are shown in pictures are not shown on my duty weapon.

What I want to switch my duty weapon over to is shown below, I'm holding on paperwork to make it happen. I'm a huge fan of the KAC rails with the front sight integrated, as well as the T-1 in my KAC mount. If KAC made a mount for the Aimpoint Comp M4, I would be using that. The Comp M3 works well, so that may be whats used until other options are open. The KAC sights are another thing that I prefer (I've broken 2 sets of Troy rear BUIS), but those are relegated to use in pictures right now.

Stick