Mark 23 with KAC Suppressor vs HK Tactical USP .45

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Mark 23 with KAC Suppressor vs HK Tactical USP .45

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I'd like to know what makes the Mark 23 with the KAC suppressor quieter than the HK Tactical pistol? Is it barrel length? A tighter spec on the barrel? Any details on this? I know the MK23 is a more solid *and expensive* weapon, but what makes this one suppress sound better than its slightly smaller counterpart? Thanks
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I believe it's the 6.02" barrel.

IIRC.

USP 45 tactical with KAC can is 80% of shots being hearing safe "dry".

And i'd assume that the USPCT would be even less......
NFAtalk.org
Elite Industry Professional

Post by 3 »

The heavier slide and long lock up time is what makes the Mk-23 quieter than the USP. The original guns had slide locks and they were removed when they realized they were ineffective .The Colt submission for Offensive Handgun retained the slide lock.
C Reed Knight III
Knight's Armament Company
http://www.knightarmco.com/
http://www.lawmens.net/
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Makes a lot of sense, thanks guys. I own an HK Tactical .45, but still like the Mark 23. I like to carry mine concealed at times and the Tactical was a much better choice for that. Anyone has pics of the old Colt Offensive Handgun that they submitted?
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Nevermind here's the pic of Colt's Version

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/1788.htm
cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

I was offered one of the Colt models with suppressor and all for $25K this summer. Unfortunately didn't have that kind of cash sitting around because this would have been an awesome collectors piece.
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
Hootiewho
Super Dunce

Post by Hootiewho »

D9M9TR9S wrote:Makes a lot of sense, thanks guys. I own an HK Tactical .45, but still like the Mark 23. I like to carry mine concealed at times and the Tactical was a much better choice for that. Anyone has pics of the old Colt Offensive Handgun that they submitted?
No joke, I know a guy who sometimes carries a Mark 23 concealed, stuck down in his pants. Right in the front. He is truely "That Guy".
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

LOL!! :P I bet he is "that guy" Hootie Who, I carry mine with an in the waist holster on my back, most of the time its the full size .40 since its stainless.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

cmdecker wrote:I was offered one of the Colt models with suppressor and all for $25K this summer. Unfortunately didn't have that kind of cash sitting around because this would have been an awesome collectors piece.
Just $25k?!?! :P I hope that it came with all the bells and whistles. Did they say how many were made of Colts OHWS?? Would be nice to have though, but wow what a price.
And to think...I thought the $2k for an original Colt .45 govt. 1911 in the box at last months gun show was a bit much.
tps3443

Re: Mark 23 with KAC Suppressor vs HK Tactical USP .45

Post by tps3443 »

Just to update this, there is Minimal difference in a HK Mark 23 W/ KAC can vs. HK USP 45 Tactical W/ KAC can.

The KAC suppressors are identical in design now, the newer models anyways.

The usp t has a 5.1” barrel, the Mark 23 is 5.87”

The size comparison of these pistols, is literally like comparing a Government 1911 vs a commander 1911. It’s not much! The mark 23 barrel is 3/4 of an inch longer than a USP45t. And there both 5.9” inches tall.

As for suppression, the USP-t can reduce about 21.5 to 22dB dry.

The Mark 23 can reduce about 23dB dry.

These guns can suppress 36-38dB when the KAC cans are wet!

I’ve got a KAC usp-t 16X1LH suppressor on layaway. And I’ve done research after research.

Anyone is doubts this can doesn’t know what there talking about. It’s only 7.5” long, and offers the same reduction in dB as new cans at the same length sometimes better reduction. It doesn’t become loose on the barrel like most suppressors though, and it does not change point if impact. So, for having a perfect can like the KAC it does make the whole package ! It’s designed for a mk23, or usp-t 45. Not to mention, the last forever, and are extremely resistant to damage, or wear.

The piston system is also smoother than any other suppressor on the market.

The KAC can suppress as much as 28DB dry to 38+ DB wet! It offers best in class performance in its class, for even nowadays comparison of 2018.