Next Batch of E3's...

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: 3, KevinB

Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Next Batch of E3's...

Post by Razorhunter »

Will the next batch of BLACK E3's have any differences between the previous released batch? I know Knights occasionally will change up small little parts and such from time to time, and wanted to know if anyone knew for sure?
I know the Taupe batch is coming, but aside from the color change, will there by any other differences at all?
Especially wondering about the next black batch. Thanks guys.
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

will let you tomorrow when ups drops it off. have one about a year old and new one one the way .
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

Well I was actually referring to the next/coming batch of black E3's, but I suppose I would still be interested in your findings as well.
I think I have read of a couple previous differences, regarding "KAC" marked selectors, and URX rails with/without laser etching.
One other difference I have noticed within different E3's is some gas blocks are grey and some are black. (black looks better, but JMHO)
I just wanted to know if the coming batch would be any different at all, between the first batch that was released earlier this year.
Thanks, and let us know about yours too vette...
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtdawg169 »

Razorhunter wrote:Well I was actually referring to the next/coming batch of black E3's, but I suppose I would still be interested in your findings as well.
I think I have read of a couple previous differences, regarding "KAC" marked selectors, and URX rails with/without laser etching.
One other difference I have noticed within different E3's is some gas blocks are grey and some are black. (black looks better, but JMHO)
I just wanted to know if the coming batch would be any different at all, between the first batch that was released earlier this year.
Thanks, and let us know about yours too vette...
I just picked up my second E3. Notable differences were: grey parkerized GB, laser etched rail, significantly improved front sight lockup, KAC marked selector and a QD insert in the SOPMOD stock. The insert was unfinished bright machined aluminum and fit flush like the mounting point on a CTR. Oh yeah, the bolt also featured a "debris cut" on its face. My original one had E3 design lugs without the small ring cut into the bolt face.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

The newest insert will be gray/black coated.
Kevin S. Boland

Director of Military Operations
Knight's Armament Company
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

http://www.knightarmco.com
mtdawg169
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtdawg169 »

KevinB wrote:The newest insert will be gray/black coated.
I thought it was a little odd. why werent these anodized?

eta: Newest? Just picked mine up 2 weeks ago.
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out which E3's are in stock with Casey right now guys.
I know he has a few remaining from a previous batch, and then he has another batch "coming" sometime.?
Just trying to determine if there are ANY differences between what Casey currently has in stock, and what he WILL have in stock from the next batch of black E3's??
Can any KAC guys answer this question? This will help me determine what I'm getting with my purchase, since I cannot be down there to purchase in person.
Thanks so much. I do appreciate it.
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

Should be getting an E3 in from Casey next week. Will let you know what I get (hopefully latest edition).
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

Thank you sir! Maybe Casey will be along here soon to help out as well..
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
gthirteen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gthirteen »

here's what the "shipped last week" crowd got (well, some of them)

cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

Just got one out of the box that arrived from Lawmens while I was out of town. Has the grey GB, KAC marked selector switch, and QD insert in the SOPMOD stock that were referenced earlier in this thread. Hope this helps.

By the way, this gun is bad ass. About to attach a SPR/M4 to it to take it that last step.
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

The first 100 of the insert where not coated, but the rest are.
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

viewtopic.php?t=36025

Tan E3's are here with pics... looks like they have the un finished QD swivel.
Mike Mers
L.E. and Commercial Sales
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 x 101 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

Yes, I actually posted in that thread, that it's kind of interesting that KevinB has stated that the first 100 BLACK E3's had the unfinished QD swivel insert.
However, the more recent? Taupe E3's do NOT have the coated QD insert.
SO, does this just mean these Taupe E3's were part of the first run of BLACK E3's, and they don't have the coated insert either?
Not that it matters really, as you could always just coat it yourself if it were important to you.
Truth be known, I'd prefer mine to be black coated (on a black E3), but that's just me.
I am hoping the E3 I just ordered today has a black finished QD swivel insert, but we'll see.
I don't ever recall seeing a silver/shiny QD insert on any of the SOPMODs being sold by LMT and their dealers. However, I could be wrong, and possibly just missed it?
I will check to see what the SOPMOD stocks coming from LMT look like, just to be clear on this.

Tell you what I REALLY want to know about these E3 rifles. - Will there ever be a NON-AMBI version available?
I would try to just find another KAC complete lower, HOWEVER, IF I were to go that route, I'd really rather have one that matches the existing E3 lowers, and has the beautiful, prestigious ENGRAVING on the lower.
I tell you, that Knights Armament Sword/Shield logo on the side of the E3 lowers looks a THOUSAND times better when engraved. I hope KAC keeps up the engraving on all their weapons produced from here on out.
Thanks KAC.
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
mrtoyz
Silent Operator

Post by mrtoyz »

Recieved my E3 from Casey a few weeks ago. You da man Casey! My SOPMOD QD insert is silver. I was really hoping for the black insert with the metal lip like on the newest SOPMODS from LMT. I've got one on my 870 and wish it matched...

Toyz
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

"metal lip"?????

What exactly does this mean? I've seen the LMT SOPMOD's and still not quite sure what you mean? (although it's been a while since I've seen an LMT)

BTW guys, why would the QD insert on these KAC rifles be any different from the LMT SOPMOD QD inserts? I am just not quite sure why there would even be a difference at all???

Secondly,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the KAC trigger in these E3 rifles? I mean, what's the pull weight? Is there any part of the E3 trigger unit which is adjustable in ANY way? (ie pull weight? overtravel/etc?) Just wondering if this trigger has ANY adjustments, and also what the pull weight is?
Maybe if someone knows the KAC part# for the E3 trigger, that would help (if this trigger is actually sold seperately, and it's specs can be seen on the KAC site perhaps?)
Thanks for the info guys.
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"
mrtoyz
Silent Operator

Post by mrtoyz »

KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

Trigger is our standard Semi-auto Two Stage trigger.

IT IS NOT ADJUSTABLE

P/N 25362

Pull weight is around 4.5lbs.

We loctite the trigger and place anti-taper in the hex screws to stop people from adjusting the trigger.

There is some variation in trigger weight due to spring consistency, and in our Mk11/M110 Armorers class we discuss how you can set the trigger.

*If you buy a new trigger.
It is possible to set the stages and the hook engagements to alter the weight and degree of stage in the trigger.
HOWEVER in the interest of safety with a semi-automatic rifle, we recommend using the maximun engagement.
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

The first 100 inserts where not coated, I beleive 3 made his point that everyone wanted them coated and after that all are beign coated.

As for when assembly installed them, I have no idea of the break down as to where they went (Black Stocks or Tan)
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

1_ar_newbie
Industry Professional

Post by 1_ar_newbie »

Razorhunter wrote:"metal lip"?????

What exactly does this mean? I've seen the LMT SOPMOD's and still not quite sure what you mean? (although it's been a while since I've seen an LMT)

BTW guys, why would the QD insert on these KAC rifles be any different from the LMT SOPMOD QD inserts? I am just not quite sure why there would even be a difference at all???

The KAC SOPMOD stock and QD insert are different because Knights makes these parts in house under license from LMT.

Well, that’s the way it was last time I was down there.

Whatcha say Kevin?
Mike Mers
Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]

Gun Gallery 4 Life!
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

1_ar_newbie wrote:
Razorhunter wrote:"metal lip"?????

The KAC SOPMOD stock and QD insert are different because Knights makes these parts in house under license from LMT.

Well, that’s the way it was last time I was down there.

Whatcha say Kevin?
TRUE! i've been in conversation with Trey over this as well.
KevinB
Silent But Deadly

Post by KevinB »

We make the stock for LMT, and ourselves, althought LMT has the license from Crane for it. We're pretty good friends with Mr. Lewis and his company.
Kevin S. Boland

701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, Fl 32780

Ph 321-607-9956
Cell 407-451-4544
Fax 321-383-2143

cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

KevinB wrote:We make the stock for LMT, and ourselves, althought LMT has the license from Crane for it. We're pretty good friends with Mr. Lewis and his company.
i think that friendship really showed through with there 308 shot prototype.
Razorhunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Razorhunter »

Why do you say that sgtmajor? What kind of KAC "influence" did the LMT 7.62 AR10 have? I don't recall any, but who knows what kind of behind the scenes influence it had. ???
Anyhow, I wonder how some Birchwood Casey "Aluminum Black" would work on that LMT QD insert? It has worked quite well on SOME steels for me as well.
Might try this, or some other kind of cold bluing on mine.. We'll see...
"ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"